massff is offline Junior Member

Want to compete. Some Questions....

OK, I'm wanting to compete in a show next April.

I'm 30, 5'11" 180-185 lbs. I'll post pics tomorrow. I've been weightlifting pretty steady for about 2 years now. I would like to compete in the Light-Heavyweight division mainly because of my height. I wouldn't stand a chance in the lower divisions. I need some guidance as to what I should bulk up to so I can come in strong in Light-Heavy.

Unfortunately, I have been blessed with long legs, so I know I need to get them going. Calves are really hard for me. I feel chest and back are my somewhat strong points. (Pics will show that)

For now, if you have any thoughts or suggestions for contest preparation, that would be great. I'll need critique once I post my pics. I've trained all natural, but I know that I will need some "assistance" to get to where I want to be. So, whatever you can contribute to expand my knowledge, I will most certainly absorb it like a sponge. Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to getting an awesome physique.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Can't speculate on what to do w/out pics.

Will wait for those.

~SC~

OK, here are some pics. Man, I look more rough than I thought. Look a little different in the mirror.

First off, I know I need to work on arms and legs....A LOT! Also, my right shoulder is lower than my left. Genetics, I guess.

Well, lemme have it.

Most of my height comes from my legs. Hopefully I can put enough size on them so that it doesn't look like I'm riding a chicken all the time.

Man, am I that bad that no one wants to comment?

Got buried on the second page already, so I'm bringing it to the top!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I honestly think you will have a hard time competing at that weightclass. You just don't look like you are carrying enough muscle for that group. You unfortunately are like me in the fact that you have poor genetics for BB. I have long legs and arms as well and they don't seem to get the size necessary no matter how much weight I do and how I train them. Since you have never done gear you may actually really improve your size but to make that happen by this April will be very difficult.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'll second that

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    I honestly think you will have a hard time competing at that weightclass. You just don't look like you are carrying enough muscle for that group. You unfortunately are like me in the fact that you have poor genetics for BB. I have long legs and arms as well and they don't seem to get the size necessary no matter how much weight I do and how I train them. Since you have never done gear you may actually really improve your size but to make that happen by this April will be very difficult.
    you're the same height and weight as i am currently. only thing is our level of development is much different. now that is because you're only two years into this....you need time training to obtain that mature muscle that you need.
    bodybuilding is an illusion to a large degree and it's also hiding flaws. looking at the pictures you posted you have a very good base for someone who has been at this 2 years. i wouldn't jump into anabolics per say.
    your shoulders need alot of work, but i think as you train, eat correctly, and fill out you will be fine. it just takes time. it's a marathon not a sprint, this bb'ing thing.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I do appreciate it. I have been weightlifting on and off for the past 8 years. Only been consistent for the past 2 years. I have adopted the "Stickied" diet in the diet section for about two weeks now. I have to admit that my diet in the past has not been as good as it could have. My calorie intake was not enough to support any weight gain. I am planning on sticking with at least 3500 calories per day and going with the following cycle:

1 – 13 Enan 500mg/wk
    1 – 12 EQ 500mg/wk
    1 – 15 Nolvadex 10mg ED
    1 – 15 L-dex .25mg ED

seanw's recommendation for PCT

Day 1 300mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva / .25mg L-dex
    Day 2 - 30 100mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva / .25mg L-dex
    Day 31 - 37 20mg Nolva / .25mg L-dex

We'll see how it goes. If anything, at least I will be putting on some good mass and look and feel better.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Bro, you and I are in the same boat, training for a competition in 1 year. I'm 5'10 and 20 yrs old, 195. I'm going to run a heavy bulker in the fall and then cut down in the spring for the contest.

Looks like you could definately use some delt mass as well as arms. You're right about your chest and back being strong points though

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Bro, you and I are in the same boat, training for a competition in 1 year. I'm 5'10 and 20 yrs old, 195. I'm going to run a heavy bulker in the fall and then cut down in the spring for the contest.

Looks like you could definately use some delt mass as well as arms. You're right about your chest and back being strong points though
    Well, you are in a little better position than I am since you are 1" shorter and 10 lbs. heavier already. My training partner is going to compete as well, he's a big'un. 6'1" @ 230. Definitely makes me push myself. I'm sure once I start my goodies, I should fill out decently.

We'll see what it all brings.

<--- This guy's a trip!

Thread Information