Jacked up Beast is offline New Member

Taking Hydrocodone before working out

I was wondering if it would be wise to take 15 mg of Hydrocodone before working out? I am not in any Chronic pain, but for experimental reasons, I would love to know what if feels like to workout the painless way, and get a wonderful pain-free pump.
    Please keep in mind that I only plan to do this once.
    I have heard that IFBB bodybuilders use pain medication before working out, and it helps them really push it beyond extreme proportions.
    ANy of you guys have experience with taking pain pills?

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I tore my acl and they game me hydrocodone, and it just puts me to sleep, and I wouldn't really suggest taking pain pills before working out.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    i wouldnt take it before you work out. If u really do injure something working out you wont know it and youll hurt yourself more than u need to.

MaxPayne is offline Junior Member
    Narcotic pain killers usually lower test levels if taking over a period of time.Also they can be addictive and cause more problems then its worth.my 2 cc's.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked up Beast
    I was wondering if it would be wise to take 15 mg of Hydrocodone before working out? I am not in any Chronic pain, but for experimental reasons, I would love to know what if feels like to workout the painless way, and get a wonderful pain-free pump.
    I have heard that IFBB bodybuilders use pain medication before working out, and it helps them really push it beyond extreme proportions.
    Recreational drug usage/discussion is not permissible @ A.R.

Omit such subject matter from here on out.

~SC~

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    dude dont be dumb keep that crap where it belongs right before bed time and out of this forum

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Absolutely ridiculous. You should take at least three.

Only kidding. It is ridiculous that you would even think about doing this. I can tell you that Hydrocodone is not something to take unless you are in serious pain. Pain from a surgery or major accident pain.

I say this because I love it. Keep it away from me. Three Vicodin and a few glasses of wine used to be my favorite thing to do. Used to. Must keep telling myself that was the old days.

nj123 is offline Member
    **** i still eat hydrocodone and i love them, i would NEVER eat them before a workout and i haev been taking them for a while. I usually eat five 10 MG pills at a time. Very addictive when abused like that. I still have a little addiction to em.

smokdogg14 is offline Junior Member
    congrats

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    **** i still eat hydrocodone and i love them, i would NEVER eat them before a workout and i haev been taking them for a while. I usually eat five 10 MG pills at a time. Very addictive when abused like that. I still have a little addiction to em.
    Is that something you're proud of?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex

so, your not looking forward to your next shot of test?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member

no ****.......not something to be proud of

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    no ****.......not something to be proud of
    Then why is he announcing it to the whole board.

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    bro im not trying to flame, but being able eat 50mg of hydrocodone in one shot isnt a "little addiction". It takes an extremely high tolerance to take that much narcotic and not get sick. Not only that but i really hope for your sake that you dont plan on using AS while on hydrocodone because, the amount of tylenol in that dosage (2500-3250mg of tylenol) is putting a pounding on your organs as it is.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    bro im not trying to flame, but being able eat 50mg of hydrocodone in one shot isnt a "little addiction". It takes an extremely high tolerance to take that much narcotic and not get sick. Not only that but i really hope for your sake that you dont plan on using AS while on hydrocodone because, the amount of tylenol in that dosage (2500-3250mg of tylenol) is putting a pounding on your organs as it is.
    good point.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    doesn't that stuff slow down or stop protien snythesis? you may push harder but nothin's gonna grow...

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    honestly pain killers for recreational use is bad..i have seen 1 to many people get addicted to them and it makes them completly dif. from who they really are..honestly nj123 i really hope u stop b4 u start to move onto oxy's and other stronger stuff which is more then likely.. and no i wouldnt want to use them b4 a workout, u want to be focused while u train. plus that **** will make u drop muscle faster then hell

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    honestly pain killers for recreational use is bad..i have seen 1 to many people get addicted to them and it makes them completly dif. from who they really are..honestly nj123 i really hope u stop b4 u start to move onto oxy's and other stronger stuff which is more then likely.. and no i wouldnt want to use them b4 a workout, u want to be focused while u train. plus that **** will make u drop muscle faster then hell
    As far as loosing muscle and slowing down protein synthesis I have to disagree. I know quite a few athletes and bodybuilders who are addicted to opiates. Its not the drug that causes the loss of muscle, its the loss of drive. After a while the drive to be big, fit and in shape will slowly be replaced by the drive to get high. I dont care what anyone says, opiates DO NOT take away pain,(only anti-inflam. do that). Narcotics simply put you in a euphoric state to make you not think about the pain AS MUCH. The bottom line is that they are a dangerous drug if abused and you will eventualy loose everything you have and wake up one morning in a **** hole rehab or in a methodone clinic puking and sh*tting your brains out. That is ofcourse if your still alive and you havent died from a heroin overdose because the lorcets werent doing the job anymore.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Glad this turned from abuse/arguing to somewhat educational.

Hence it still being open.

~SC~

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow! 50mg of hydrocodone at once. I can't imagine that. I take one 10mg and im deff feeling it and i'm not exactly a small fry. btw.. i take mine for pain and only when needed.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    5 hp's is a normal dose to take but i have to disagree with u maxex, when i was takin them in the begining of the year my gains were very stagnent. it was only like a 3 -4 week binge but when i stopped doin them i gained about 20 pounds in less then 2 months. obviously not all muscle, but they were keepin me from bulking up.

JollyGiant is offline Banned
    Sounds like a good way to coninually hurt yourself and not find out until the next day,lol.

Jacked up Beast is offline New Member
    Thank you guys for the helpful advice. Who knows you guys may have saved me from a future addiction or something. I will stay away from all Opiates because 2 of my uncles were heroin addicts.
    However, I heard somebody talking about non-sterodical anti-inflammatories like Naproxen being good for relieving pain from working out?
    Anybody have any experience with non-opiate presription pain killers?
    I am just trying to find a way to relieve some of the pain I get from working on (especially on leg days).
    Tonight I am contemplating on smoking a bowl of haze to increase the mind/body connection, and maybe dull myself up to the extent of not noticing any pain?
    I know this guy at my gym whos quite big (250+ish) and smokes a couple of bowls of Haze (He hooked me up with this exclusive strain that he supposedly says is the best marijuana strain for increasing mind/body connection). I've seen this guy working out stoned, and he just won't stop ounding out reps. He tells me on the haze, when repping out, he gets extremly introspective, has these short dreams, and actually forgets he is curling the reps!
    Please keep in mind this is high grade 20% THC HAZE im talking about, not that low-grade street schwag that seels for 5 dollars a gram.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    As far as loosing muscle and slowing down protein synthesis I have to disagree. I know quite a few athletes and bodybuilders who are addicted to opiates. Its not the drug that causes the loss of muscle, its the loss of drive. After a while the drive to be big, fit and in shape will slowly be replaced by the drive to get high. I dont care what anyone says, opiates DO NOT take away pain,(only anti-inflam. do that). Narcotics simply put you in a euphoric state to make you not think about the pain AS MUCH. The bottom line is that they are a dangerous drug if abused and you will eventualy loose everything you have and wake up one morning in a **** hole rehab or in a methodone clinic puking and sh*tting your brains out. That is ofcourse if your still alive and you havent died from a heroin overdose because the lorcets werent doing the job anymore.
    i was talking about the tylenol mentioned previously.

gya321 is offline Member
    Smartest thing Ive heard today. Ive been there and done that. Good advice!

gya321 is offline Member
    Thank you guys for the helpful advice. Who knows you guys may have saved me from a future addiction or something. I will stay away from all Opiates because 2 of my uncles were heroin addicts.
    However, I heard somebody talking about non-sterodical anti-inflammatories like Naproxen being good for relieving pain from working out?
    Anybody have any experience with non-opiate presription pain killers?
    I am just trying to find a way to relieve some of the pain I get from working on (especially on leg days).
    Tonight I am contemplating on smoking a bowl of haze to increase the mind/body connection, and maybe dull myself up to the extent of not noticing any pain?
    I know this guy at my gym whos quite big (250+ish) and smokes a couple of bowls of Haze (He hooked me up with this exclusive strain that he supposedly says is the best marijuana strain for increasing mind/body connection). I've seen this guy working out stoned, and he just won't stop ounding out reps. He tells me on the haze, when repping out, he gets extremly introspective, has these short dreams, and actually forgets he is curling the reps!
    Please keep in mind this is high grade 20% THC HAZE im talking about, not that low-grade street schwag that seels for 5 dollars a gram.

How about no drugs at all. You should love the pain of a good workout.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I have chronic migraines, I have since 5th grade and I take everything from oxycontin to morphine sulphate for the pain at times. Trust me, that would be an incredibly stupid idea... when I'm doped up on any narcotic all I want to do is chill out and general be a lazy sob. I have forced myself to workout on occation and it just sucks pretty much, strength is about 50% normal, intensity is nonexistant. You'll just fall asleep on the bench dude and it won't do anything for the pumps either.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs down

the few times i have taken that stuff it was a chore just to get off the god **** couch... let alone drive to the gym and workout... talk about taking the edge off a workout....

Thread Information