Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member

Clomid during cycle....

I always use clomid for PCT, but during my last cycle I did a couple of weeks of clomid midway through & it really sorted my nuts out.

Is there any reason not to use clomid during cycles? After all it is an anti-e.
    Would it help reduce HPTA shutdown - seeing as estrogen is partly responsible for AS related shutdown (for test at least)?

Could you run say 25-50mg ED throughout your cycle to keep the nuts plump - & would this make PCT easier???

So many questions....?

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    talk to MikeXXL. I think he has done/does that...

talk to MikeXXL. I think he has done/does that...
    yeah I've already asked him - he swears by it, but no one else seems to do it - just wondering why...?

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Naw, you can do it.. there is nothing wrong with that.. It's just that novaldex is so inexpensive nowadays that you just save the clomid for PCT. Run it through out the cycle if you want.. I used to use that back in the diz-ay, before i could get my hands on novaldex or armidex.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Clomid is a weak anti E when compared to nolvadex . Tribulus would also do as good a job of keeping your balls full during your cycle.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    i thought clomid wouldnt do anything during cycle because of the negative feedback while on?

spud is offline Junior Member
    I added clomid towards the end of my last 12 weeker and it did make a noticable difference in testicle size.

Clomid is a weak anti E when compared to nolvadex
    agreed, but they're both tissue specific - nolva is more active in breast tissue, whereas clomid is more active on the HPTA hence it's use in PCT.
    From what I gather, it seems that a significant proportion of HPTA shutdown is caused by estrogen (aromatised from test) - clomid should therefore reduce shutdown during a test based cycle. (I dont know this - just speculating)

Having said that toc67guru says....

clomid over long periods desensitises the pituitary sensitivit to GnRH thus lowering LH which then lowers test levels.
    just not sure what ''long periods'' means

trib raises LH I think, so it would prolly be a better alternative to keep the nuts plump - it's just so bloody expensive to run 4g ED compared to clomid...
    then there's HCG of course...
    Last edited by Duke of Earl; 04-24-2005 at 05:15 PM.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I do it in the middle of my longer cycles to help bring natural levels up. It is difficult to explain it scientifically but it works.

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    it is not just estrogen that suppressess the hpta androgens and also progesterone will cause shut down.it was thought at one stage using non aromatising drugs such as anavar winstrol or primo would not shut the HPTA down this is now known to not be the case.
    william llewellyn wrote a piece comparing nolvodex to clomid for hpta recovery.i personally am of the opinion that clomid is needed for pct as nolvodex may do the same job but imo not as quickly or effectively even though side effects are less with nolvodex.
    in this comparison he says it was found to desensitise the pituitary at 10 days.i will try and find this transcript and post a link.tried to get a link but cannot post it.however here is the piece i referred to:-

by william lewellyn

(quote) But something more interesting is happening. Researchers were also conducting GnRH stimulation tests before and after various points of treatment with Nolvadex and Clomid, and the two drugs had markedly different results. These tests involved infusing patients with 100mcg of GnRH and measuring the output of pituitary LH in response. The focus of this test is to see how sensitive the pituitary is to Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone. The more sensitive the pituitary, the more LH will be released. The tests showed that after ten days of treatment with Nolvadex, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH increased slightly compared to pre-treated values. This is contrast to 10 days of treatment with 150mg Clomid, which was shown to consistently DECREASE pituitary sensitivity to GnRH (more LH was released before treatment). As the study with Nolvadex progresses to 6 weeks, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH was significantly higher than pre-treated or 10-day levels. At this point the same 20mg dosage was also raising testosterone and LH levels to an average of 183% and 172% of base values, respectively, which again is measurably higher than what was noted 10 days into therapy. Within 10 days of treatment Clomid is already exerting an effect that is causing the pituitary to become slightly desensitized to GnRH, while prolonged use of Nolvadex serves only to increase pituitary sensitivity to this hormone. That is not to say Clomid won't increase testosterone if taken for the same 6 week time period. Quite the opposite is true. But we are, however, noticing an advantage in Nolvadex.

But something more interesting is happening. Researchers were also conducting GnRH stimulation tests before and after various points of treatment with Nolvadex and Clomid, and the two drugs had markedly different results. These tests involved infusing patients with 100mcg of GnRH and measuring the output of pituitary LH in response. The focus of this test is to see how sensitive the pituitary is to Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone. The more sensitive the pituitary, the more LH will be released. The tests showed that after ten days of treatment with Nolvadex, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH increased slightly compared to pre-treated values. This is contrast to 10 days of treatment with 150mg Clomid, which was shown to consistently DECREASE pituitary sensitivity to GnRH (more LH was released before treatment). As the study with Nolvadex progresses to 6 weeks, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH was significantly higher than pre-treated or 10-day levels. At this point the same 20mg dosage was also raising testosterone and LH levels to an average of 183% and 172% of base values, respectively, which again is measurably higher than what was noted 10 days into therapy. Within 10 days of treatment Clomid is already exerting an effect that is causing the pituitary to become slightly desensitized to GnRH, while prolonged use of Nolvadex serves only to increase pituitary sensitivity to this hormone. That is not to say Clomid won't increase testosterone if taken for the same 6 week time period. Quite the opposite is true. But we are, however, noticing an advantage in Nolvadex.

Thanks for the nfo toc67guru

MaxPayne is offline Junior Member
    I wass told by a doctor that Clomid during a cycle was ok if you were having gyno problems or small or shrinking nut tissue.

Thread Information