rocco77 is offline New Member

does the military test for steroids?

i know the military tests for common drugs like weed, coke, heroin etc...but do they test for juice i heard it is an expensive test and they only test for it if their is a suspicion.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    probably not because that would cost a fortune if they had to test everyone for them

rocco77 is offline New Member

thanks bro

i kinda figured that just wanted to make sure... thanks again

pcbboy is offline New Member
    Commanders can request samples be tested for steroids . In this case, the samples are sent to the Olympic testing laboratory at the University of California at Los Angeles.

Here is a good article for you to read;

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...tary+drug+test

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    I was in the Army for five years and just got out, and in five years never seen them test for steroids , they wuld need a reason to test you for them, they just can't single you out, they would have to test 10% of the company and make sure you were one of that 10% in order to test you without probable cause, and testing 10% of a cmpany for roids is expensive.

Yeah that article and others i read unless they have a good suspision of you taking some juice then I would not be worried. But where i work they would definetely know if something was up if i put on 30lbs of muscle on in a month. Just stick to GNC stories or something, lots of cell-tech, whey protein and such. Also remember the military has preset limits also, if you test positive for something if its under a certain threshold it goes back to the commander as a negative result. Also if a person that pisses on the same batch as you and he/she pops positive those individuals are tested again for that substance. I know some of this because i was an observer not too long ago and a buddy of mine worked at the drug testing facility on base. I was just as curious and wanted the low down on what happens to all that mouth watering piss that leaves that place. Peace hopes this helps you.

yeah, but even if you did piss hot for roids, they will not kick you out just an article 15.

Thats the thing though you are right it is expensive to test for it so if you give them a reason, IE putting on tremendous gains then I think you are asking for it. But the normal drug testing they are looking for cocaine and other drugs in that category.

Yeah they test for cocaine, THC, MDMA, Herion, Meth, but just getting bigger isn't enough probable cause to test, unless you go from napolian dynamite to Jay Cutler.

eharp83 is offline New Member
    I'm going to be taking the drug test before I enter the Air Force on Tuesday. My recruiter told me not to take my protein powder or creatine on Monday or Tuesday. Do I really not need to take them? I don't see why it would matter.

Reptile is offline Associate Member
    supposedly creatin and other otc muscle builers can cause false positves in steroid tests.

eharp83 is offline New Member
    I didn't think they tested for steroids though.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    Kick-ass avatar, Milpoldan.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eharp83
    I'm going to be taking the drug test before I enter the Air Force on Tuesday. My recruiter told me not to take my protein powder or creatine on Monday or Tuesday. Do I really not need to take them? I don't see why it would matter.
    Taking a lot of protein or creatine can skew your urinalysis results - it'll make them you might have a kidney problem.

Thread Information