apexed37 is offline Junior Member

workout questions?? plz help

ok, im 5'6, a little stocky, but not where i want to be. most of you know how the short man build looks. and im trying to reach that. my diet is down and im eating my essential carb/protein/fat intake to grow. but now my question is training. should i be training LOW reps heavy weight? or what? i usualy do 4 sets 8-12 reps, but i have heard doing 3-5 reps with heavier weight builds more bulk muscle, fact?

Quote Originally Posted by apexed37
    ok, im 5'6, a little stocky, but not where i want to be. most of you know how the short man build looks. and im trying to reach that. my diet is down and im eating my essential carb/protein/fat intake to grow. but now my question is training. should i be training LOW reps heavy weight? or what? i usualy do 4 sets 8-12 reps, but i have heard doing 3-5 reps with heavier weight builds more bulk muscle, fact?
    bump ;/

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    When I train for mass I aim for 6-8 reps. This seems to be pretty popular for putting on size but everyone is different. I just experimented until I found what worked for me.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Get alot of rest, do cardio 30 minutes 2x per week. Do 3set 6 rep heavy weight and you will grow. 4 - 8x12 in my opinion will keep you tone and fairly strong but will not build bulk. JMO

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    I should have mentioned Shoulders, Traps/Neck, Calves and Abs all 3x10,12. Legs 3x8. Everything else 3x6. I use this workout for 6 weeks at a time and then switch up. My avatar is non-gear with a crappy diet on this workout.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantC5
    I should have mentioned Shoulders, Traps/Neck, Calves and Abs all 3x10,12. Legs 3x8. Everything else 3x6. I use this workout for 6 weeks at a time and then switch up. My avatar is non-gear with a crappy diet on this workout.
    thx i will try this for 6 weeks

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    This should've been posted in the fitness forum. Go browse that forum bro, a plethora of information regarding to workouts and workout techniques can be found there

Thread Information