Montgomery is offline Associate Member

should a minor be taking anabolics?

I'm a 20 year old student. I am 6'1" and weight 165 lbs. I've been cycling creatine/taurine for about a year now, and taking protein/glutamine for a couple years. Mediocre results, even though I work pretty hard (at least 4 workouts a week, usually 5 or 6; also my girlfriend is a nutritionist so she makes sure I eat the right stuff, and lots of it) I just got into med school which means my course load will be much much lighter (more time for faithful workouts). Assuming I've got my diet under control, what should I be taking if I wanted to experinence some good gains? I'm thinking most strongly about one of the milder steroids like primo or winny, however I cannot find two people who agree on how long my cycle should be and how much I should be injecting per dose/week. What's the answer? Am I too young for test? Am I too young for anabolics altogether? If I do a mild cycle of primo do I need to finish with clomid? Let me know what you guys think.

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member
    This is the cycle I would reccommend:

Weeks 1-100

275-300 Grams protein ed
    250 grams carbs ed
    100 grams fat ed

3500 calories ed

I was 6'1 160, and did this cycle for 6 months, And weighed 180 before doing my next cycle. I was very impressed with the results....

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Some think 20 would be fine... I think around 24 is when you could hit the sauce and never have to say I wish I would have waited... So there is no minor so to speak of as in the title of your thread?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    at 6'1 and 165 u can def. gain alot more naturally. crossroads laid it out for u, but i would up the carbs up a lil more. how many years have u been training and how much weight have u gained?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossroadS
    This is the cycle I would reccommend:

Weeks 1-100

275-300 Grams protein ed
    250 grams carbs ed
    100 grams fat ed

3500 calories ed

I was 6'1 160, and did this cycle for 6 months, And weighed 180 before doing my next cycle. I was very impressed with the results....
    dood you forgot your PCF
    whichi s Increase Pro by 50, carbs by 40 and fats by 20!!! for 90 days ><

how many years have u been training and how much weight have u gained?

I've been doing weight training seriously for the last 3 years. How much weight have I gained? Well it's hard to say how much I've gained from working out, and how much from just growing naturally. My genetics would dictate that I'll be a larger guy naturally. My dad and all my uncles are big german tanks, very mesomorphic. I'm more endomorphic though, and 4 inches plus taller than my dad. So I was wondering if it would be worth my while to take that extra burst with anabolics?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd continue to build a good solid base for any future "house" you are going to attempt to put on that foundation. The bigger the natural foundation, the more elaborate the house atop that foundation can be.

You don't want to do AAS w/out a really good base and end up w/a 1 bedroom apartment, only to lose out on your lease and be kicked out once you come off. (equates to losing most if not all of your gains)

~SC~

thanks for the input

thanks for the input guys, you're definitely all dead on with the diet stuff. But assuming I'm already doing that and wanted to experiment for some faster results, would I be wise to hit anabolics at 20 years? If so, light or heavy? Will a light cycle of primo even be worth my money?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would try to build a more solid base for a couple more years first. Food is the most anabolic thing you can put in your body. If you eat right and eat a lot, you'll get quality gains esp at your age. Dont waste time or cash on primo, too expensive and not good results.

Im curious as to how your workload is lighter in med school?

Swole Cat, I hear what you're saying for sure. But don't the milder ones like primobolan and winstrol create gains that are quite irreversible? Wouldn't they help me build the foundation I'm looking for before potentially moving on to some heavier substances for competition?

Haha, my med school workload is a joke. Getting in was the hard work. The first two years of med school are pass/fail only, and since it costs the government so much to educate us now (estimated at 1 million per med student for their 4 year degree) they make us rewrite anything we fail anyway. Very hard to fail out. Makes you think about the next doctor you go see for advice eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    Swole Cat, I hear what you're saying for sure. But don't the milder ones like primobolan and winstrol create gains that are quite irreversible? Wouldn't they help me build the foundation I'm looking for before potentially moving on to some heavier substances for competition?
    No.

If your body doesn't understand muscle and what you are trying to accomplish by doing so for many years naturally, it doesn't understand that you wish to keep what you have when you no longer supplement w/exogenous substances.

I.E. - paint doesn't stick to a car, well, until there is a car for it to stick to.

~SC~

Scrub is offline Member
    As everyone else has already said, you can still get a lot bigger naturally. I'm now 24 and between the ages of 20 and 24 I put on 40lbs just by maturing. That's also with me only working out for about 2 of those 4 years. If you are dead set on taking roids primo and winstrol won't do too much to bulk you up. You'd probably be better off with something like test and deca .

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i had a beard when i was 12

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i had a beard when i was 12
    I had a Nintendo, and you got a beard?

~SC~

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member
    how many years have u been training and how much weight have u gained?

I've been doing weight training seriously for the last 3 years. How much weight have I gained? Well it's hard to say how much I've gained from working out, and how much from just growing naturally. My genetics would dictate that I'll be a larger guy naturally. My dad and all my uncles are big german tanks, very mesomorphic. I'm more endomorphic though, and 4 inches plus taller than my dad. So I was wondering if it would be worth my while to take that extra burst with anabolics?
    I have been training for over 10 years....did i mention I didn't know what the hell I was doing for 7 of them? It is your diet bro I am telling you. It is simple physics, if you eat more than your body needs, you will gain weight. Depending on how clean it is and how hard you are working out will determine whether it is muscle or fat. You don't want a "burst", you want a steady base and build on that with AAS. good luck

Oh yeh My family is huge too. They put on weight naturally. I know for a fact none of my unlces or grandfather took juice, and they are big. I am 5 inches taller than my dad. Hes a girlie man. It has nothing to do with it. You have a huge base. You just have to work hard. It is going to take longer to fill out your larger bones....get used to it. It won't come easy, but it can be done.
    Last edited by CrossroadS; 04-26-2005 at 02:44 PM.

papa pain is offline Associate Member
    how much can using to early hinder your future ?

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    I started using at 18 and that was a big mistake. Really depends how far into puberty you are. Definitely dont have the stats to start juicing yet though. Like Swolecat said, you will have a much harder time keeping your gains on that base than someone who is closer to their natural limit.

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papa pain
    how much can using to early hinder your future ?
    As you may know, messing with your hormones is very risky business...especially when a teenage body is already an unstable environment. Along with the usual sides, premature fusing of growth plates, and I would imagine future hormone problems.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    9 year old girls use steroids , why not? man up!

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    i started b4 i turned 18 and i'm 18 now and already definatly regret it, my advice would be wait afew more years once you've got a better base and then once u've hit ur natural limit go for it. I'm hoping i didn't totally fvck myself by starting that young.

Haha, my med school workload is a joke. Getting in was the hard work. The first two years of med school are pass/fail only, and since it costs the government so much to educate us now (estimated at 1 million per med student for their 4 year degree) they make us rewrite anything we fail anyway. Very hard to fail out. Makes you think about the next doctor you go see for advice eh?
    The government has med schools?

I've definitely got to appreciate what you've all said. It's good advice hands down; I guess the worst vice is advice eh. Well I'll put my head down and hit the gym. Thanks again.

Are you already in med school?

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Are you already in med school?
    Yeah, I'm from Canada. It's mostly government subsidized. My tuition this year was only 7 grand (vs 30 grand plus at most american med schools).

Greg

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

Hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I had a Nintendo, and you got a beard?

~SC~
    yooooooo i'm dying over here!!!i know it's late, but that's did me in bro. too funny!!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm a 20 year old student. I am 6'1" and weight 165 lbs. I've been cycling creatine/taurine for about a year now, and taking protein/glutamine for a couple years. Mediocre results, even though I work pretty hard (at least 4 workouts a week, usually 5 or 6; also my girlfriend is a nutritionist so she makes sure I eat the right stuff, and lots of it) I just got into med school which means my course load will be much much lighter (more time for faithful workouts). Assuming I've got my diet under control, what should I be taking if I wanted to experinence some good gains? I'm thinking most strongly about one of the milder steroids like primo or winny, however I cannot find two people who agree on how long my cycle should be and how much I should be injecting per dose/week. What's the answer? Am I too young for test? Am I too young for anabolics altogether? If I do a mild cycle of primo do I need to finish with clomid? Let me know what you guys think.
    No you are too young period. If your girlfriend is a nutritionist then you should have no problem growing considering your training hard, getting rest and eating enough food to promote growth. @ 6'1" and 165lbs you are a light weight IMO. You are simply not eating enough period!!

Anabolics are not the answer! You need to evaluate what you are eating first. You must feed the machine for it to grow. By taking AAS you are just going to simply screw with your hormones and get mediocre results? Are you a second rate type of guy? No offense! One you learn to grow by way of food, your choices in AAS will benefit you 10 fold. Just my .02
    abstrack@protonmail.com

LL08 is offline Member
    Be wary because at a young age you have the POTENTIAL to mess up your hormones a lot more than an older bro. Not a certainty but worth keeping this in mind. If you do it properly, with some med supervision it will be fine but why don't you build a better base and then compound your knowledge of med with aas and you'll be unstopable a year or 2 down the track, keep researching.

LL

Thread Information