Thread: Pain

kn0bbme is offline Associate Member

Pain

Not sure if this is the write thread to post this question in but here goes. Usually when i do my preacher curls i get a sharp apinin my wrist and fore arm. Just last week the pain became so unbarable that i coudnt do preacher curls. What is this pain and why? Is it like carpule tunnel syndrom or sumpin?

oc pitbull is offline Member
    I know exactly what uyou are talking about, i think it is because there is no blood in your foreamrs when you are doing that, maybe i am crazy and thats the stupids thing you have heard but i know what you are talkign about i had to switch cusase it hurt to bad

kn0bbme is offline Associate Member
    i dont think it has anyhting to do with blood. I get a pretty good pump in my forearms when i do preacher curls. ANyone Else

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I had the same thing. I quit doing preachers for a couple months and when I started up again it was gone.

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    i had a pain in my wrist , same feeling, went to the doctor after i felt myself limited to certain exercises. I ended up having a torn tendon in my wrist , had to wear a wrist guard for 2 weeks, i was out of the gym. It was unbearable doing reverse curls, preachers and skull crushers, I still to this day , 2 years later wear that wrist guard in the gym when i work out for a (just in case)

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    You have a good case of tendonitis. I go through periods of it. When I get it I do 2 weeks of nothing involving Bars for my bicep workout. This helps it. Good Luck

GreatOne is offline New Member
    bump

zx10racer2 is offline Junior Member
    Exactly right...it is just tendonitis. You just need to substitute the exercises that hurt your wrist/forearm with something that doesn't hurt. Here's a word of advice, don't arm wrestle with anyone, or if you do, don't sit there with your arm upright straining to beat the other guy for a while, without moving at all...either win or give up. This will cause a MAJOR case of tennis elbow, or tendonitis. I was completely out of the gym for 4-5 weeks due to the excrutiating pains when I attempted to work out...just my 2 cents

Thread Information