dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member

short higher dose cycles vs. long and low

I have been reading that a lot of people are starting low dose (250-300mg)
    test cycles. now given a period of time would the end results be the same?
    for example: would a 10 week 600mg cycle produce the same results as a 20 week 300mg cycle?
    now for cutting would a longer lowdose be better? just giveing enough test to keep muscles from withering away on a low cal diet?
    and for side effects, does a person get more sides from longer time on?
    right now I am planning a 20 week 750mg cycle, but the main goal is to lean out not put on a lot of mass. I have a few 15 week cycles under my belt and am now secon guessing what I am going to do here. my last cycle was 1250mg/week and I put on major size. now it is time to cut.
    what do you experienced bros think?

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    I think for cutting a longer cycle definitely makes sense. That way you can lose the weight slowly and keep most of your LBM.

so how would the length of the cycle effect pct?
    I was also going to use hcg during the cycle

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    300mg for 20 weeks seems way too low. In my opinion most people by week 12-14 would stop getting gains and would just become test reliant. So when coming off it would take a while for your natural test levels to even out. PCT would be more important.

well lets put the question a better way.
    I want to do a long cutting cycle. I was thinking 20 weeks, now originaly I was thinking of 750mg/week, but now Im thinking 500mg. right now I am 5'8" 230lbs at about 13-14%bf. the main goal here is to try to hit 9-10% as fast as possible.
    all my cycles in the past have been bulkers and now I am out to cut.
    what do you bros think would be a good way to go abou it?
    and yes, trainning and diet are very good, just trying to sort out the supplements

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    well lets put the question a better way.
    I want to do a long cutting cycle. I was thinking 20 weeks, now originaly I was thinking of 750mg/week, but now Im thinking 500mg. right now I am 5'8" 230lbs at about 13-14%bf. the main goal here is to try to hit 9-10% as fast as possible.
    all my cycles in the past have been bulkers and now I am out to cut.
    what do you bros think would be a good way to go abou it?
    and yes, trainning and diet are very good, just trying to sort out the supplements
    here's my 2:

Dropping bodyfat is accomplished in 1 of 2 ways on cycle...1, gain lbm(in effect dropping bf% even though you may have lost no actual fat at all)...2, retain lbm while dropping bf.

Sounds like your up for option 2. A very simple cycle would be just straight prop for anywhere from 12-16 weeks. Cardio and diet will be your best weapons. Clen and/or t3 are also options since your on test. You're only trying to lose about 10 lbs of fat by my calculations based on the numbers u gave. This will put you at 220. Nothing unnatainable about that. 12 weeks should be more than enough time. Doesn't have to be fancy either, just straight prop with diet and cardio and of course lifting should get u a net loss of 1lb/week easily. luck.

Thread Information