Georgie is offline Member

Letro Vs Anastrozole (Bask8kace Help Plz)

Posted by Bask8kace:

Both Arimidex /Ldex/Anastrozole and Femara/Letrozole hurt your cholesterol. The way these 2 anti e's work is they inhibit the aromatase enzyme. By inhibiting the enzyme which converts testosterone to estrogen, you reduce or even come close to eliminating estrogen production. We need some estrogen to be healthy. The major drawback to this is without estrogen, your lipid profile gets F***ed.

Aromasin (Exemestane) works differently. It does not stop the body from producing estrogen. Rather, it makes it so the estrogen is unable to bind to receptors by deactivating the binding enzyme. If the estrogen cannot bind, you simply will not get bloated or get gyno. The estrogen is crippled due to exemestane. However, since the estrogen is still floating around, it will not negatively affect your lipid/cholesterol profile.

Anastrozole (Arimidex) doesnt cause a rebound effect, and neither does exemestane, but letrozole does. This means after you stop the letrozole, your estrogen rebounds and goes pretty high for a while, eventually it normalizes. You can avoid this by tapering your letro dose down before stopping it, but that is a pain in the ass. Higher than normal can mess many things up post cycle when you stop. Since the HPTA has a feedback loop is primarily controlled by estrogen, high estrogen will tell your HPTA to produce less testosterone, because it thinks the high estrogen is caused by too much testosterone. This is fact. Now post cycle, dont we want to raise our test levels, not lower them? Of course! So, rebounds are bad. If you use letro taper the dose off to zero over a couple weeks.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ighlight=letro

Q1 Bask8Kace or anyone else that knows can you explain why Anastrozole does not cause an estrogen rebound while letrozole does. I could be mistaken but I thought those drugs worked in very similar ways, so I can't understand why one would cause an estrogen rebound while the other would not? Also why does letro diminsih sex drive with the other does not.

Q2 Does anyone have any experience using both ARR's letro and liquidex (anastrozole)? Which did you prefer and why? I have had great success with ARR letro in the past, but am thinking about trying the liquidex in my experiments. My reasons for this are my rats want to avoid an estrogen rebound and will aslo be running nolva as well to help improve their lipid profile. Nolva hurts the strength of letro where as I have not found any info on nolva reducing the strength of anastrozole. Any comments? (edited) i'm an idiot I re-read that article and nolva does diminish the strentgh of anastrozole. But the rebound question still stands.
    Last edited by Georgie; 03-31-2005 at 11:15 PM.

Bump, sorry to bump my own message.....

Ne1?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Good Questions, I do not have experience with letro or the knowledge to answer. But... I will bump this thread.

I'll bump these questions as well. I would be interested to know this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Good Questions, I do not have experience with letro or the knowledge to answer. But... I will bump this thread.
    thanks, bump

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    "Also why does letro diminsih sex drive with the other does not."

I think that has to do with the fact that you need a little estrogen in your system for libido, and letro is so strong that it shuts down your estrogen almost completely.

no one knows, huh?

tallyjuice is offline Member
    this is a great question, considering that i'm on letro right now, and I had no idea about the rebound effect. Should i switch to nolva mid cycle?

Oh yeah, bump this ****

I dont think my anti E education is half what i know about AAS, threads like this are great for just about anyone and everyone on this site. Bump.

thewallop is offline Associate Member
    ill give it a bumb , im on letro right now and im takin .25 mg eod right now , i dont know if the low dosage does much , but if i go to .5 eod or even ed it shuts me down , cant have sex worth a ****

Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    I dont think my anti E education is half what i know about AAS, threads like this are great for just about anyone and everyone on this site. Bump.
    Thanks, now if we could just get some answers.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Great question. Bump for any experts on these. Pheedno where ya at?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    Great question. Bump for any experts on these. Pheedno where ya at?
    bump

supersteve Guest
    From all the studies i've read letrozole doesn't eliminate estrogen ... in fact it's somewhere more in the vacinity of 50-60%, which means it's not all that far below the normal range if your estrogen is high to begin with.

In the study of letrozole given to teens @ 2.5mg ED there was also no significant rebound. Estrogen levels did increase significantly, but they were only in line with normal levels.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    From all the studies i've read letrozole doesn't eliminate estrogen ... in fact it's somewhere more in the vacinity of 50-60%, which means it's not all that far below the normal range if your estrogen is high to begin with.

In the study of letrozole given to teens @ 2.5mg ED there was also no significant rebound. Estrogen levels did increase significantly, but they were only in line with normal levels.
    This was without concurrent use of anabolic steroids ?

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    bump this $hit to the top!! Anyone got some answers?

supersteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    This was without concurrent use of anabolic steroids?
    Yes your right, the studies were'nt with the concurrent use of steroids .
    However, the second study i mentioned with the teens was the one where they were given test. injections for the first 5 months of letrozole therapy ... estrogen levels were slighly lower then they were taking letrozole only, no significant difference though.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Can you site a link for this study or attach it. I would really like to read up on it. Thanks supersteve.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    bump for info

papa pain is offline Associate Member
    bump im in the same boat using letro and nolva but know nolva affects the strenght of letro.

Letro can reduce your estrogen to undetectable levels. Thus perhaps the body overcompensates while the letro clears your system, and this results in a "rebound" or slightly higher estrogen level.

All of the other drugs mentioned leave you with some estrogen in your body. Letro doesn't. I'm writing the profile on Letro right now for the profiles forum, but if you go to www.bodybuilding4life.com and look for the thread titled "What do you use letro for, and how much do you need?" you'll find some studies on it....also you can look in my "Ancillaries" post on that same board....or you can do a search on this board for my name and letro studies, because I think I posted a ton of them here, or people have posted them in my name (b/c I found them for people who asked, like Lion and Cutie).

I've Used AR-R 's products and they are excellent, by the way.

send me a pm hooker when the profiles done. are you also going to be putting half life and when blood becomes stable in the profile?

What on Earth are you talking about?

I usually use "Active Life" in my profiles, in lieu of half life figures...and I have no idea what you mean by "when blood becomes stable"...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Letro can reduce your estrogen to undetectable levels. Thus perhaps the body overcompensates while the letro clears your system, and this results in a "rebound" or slightly higher estrogen level.

All of the other drugs mentioned leave you with some estrogen in your body. Letro doesn't. I'm writing the profile on Letro right now for the profiles forum, but if you go to www.bodybuilding4life.com and look for the thread titled "What do you use letro for, and how much do you need?" you'll find some studies on it....also you can look in my "Ancillaries" post on that same board....or you can do a search on this board for my name and letro studies, because I think I posted a ton of them here, or people have posted them in my name (b/c I found them for people who asked, like Lion and Cutie).

I've Used AR-R's products and they are excellent, by the way.
    Hey Hooker, I admire a lot of the info you post and often use it as a base and starting point for my own research, because you often back up your info with studies and evidence. Thank you, keep up the good work!. I logged onto the above site and tried to find that thread but was unable. Can you post a direct link to that thread. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    I logged onto the above site and tried to find that thread but was unable. Can you post a direct link to that thread. Thanks
    http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...ead.php?t=6476

http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...ead.php?t=3995

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    What on Earth are you talking about?

I usually use "Active Life" in my profiles, in lieu of half life figures...and I have no idea what you mean by "when blood becomes stable"...
    i meant how long it takes for blood levels to become stable with letro.

wich is 60 days i read in the profile thanks

Posted by Bask8kace:
    Aromasin (Exemestane) works differently. It does not stop the body from producing estrogen. Rather, it makes it so the estrogen is unable to bind to receptors by deactivating the binding enzyme. If the estrogen cannot bind, you simply will not get bloated or get gyno. The estrogen is crippled due to exemestane. However, since the estrogen is still floating around, it will not negatively affect your lipid/cholesterol profile.
    This is totally incorrect. Aromasin (Exemestane)is a steroidal suicide aromatase inhibitor, which means that it lowers estrogen production in the body by blocking the aromatase enzyme, which is the enzyme responsible for estrogen synthesization. (1)(2)(3)

Aromasin averages an 85% rate of estrogen suppression (4), so it is certainly not still "floating around".

References:

1. A predictive model for exemestane pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics incorporating the effect of food and formulation.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2005 Mar;59(3):355-64.

2. Exemestane for breast cancer prevention: a feasible strategy?Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Jan 15;11(2 Pt 2):918s-24s.

3. Endocrinology and hormone therapy in breast cancer: Aromatase inhibitors versus antioestrogens, Anthony Howell1 and Mitch Dowsett2
    1CRUK Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
    2Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
    Breast Cancer Res 2004, 6:269-274 doi:10.1186/bcr945
    Published 6 October 2004

4. Eur. J. Cancer. 2000, May;36(8):976-82

5. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1995;36(3):287-97.

papa pain is offline Associate Member
    so is nolva not needed with letro ?

Chief is offline Junior Member
    If you need to taper off the letro, what about Gyno or bloating during the tapering period?

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    Since the HPTA has a feedback loop is primarily controlled by estrogen, high estrogen will tell your HPTA to produce less testosterone , because it thinks the high estrogen is caused by too much testosterone. This is fact.

i thought clomid worked by signaling to the HPTA that there was excess estrogen, making the body compensate by producing MORE testosterone to even things out.

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver_48
    Since the HPTA has a feedback loop is primarily controlled by estrogen, high estrogen will tell your HPTA to produce less testosterone , because it thinks the high estrogen is caused by too much testosterone. This is fact.

i thought clomid worked by signaling to the HPTA that there was excess estrogen, making the body compensate by producing MORE testosterone to even things out.

The discussion is not about clomid. Clomid is not an AI, we are talking about AIs.

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    The discussion is not about clomid. Clomid is not an AI, we are talking about AIs.
    bro, my point was in questioning the truth of excess estrogen signaling a shutdown of testosterone production. i was under the impression that clomid was a weak estrogen with a high affinity for the hypothalamus, and that gave the body the false signals of having high estrogen levels, which the body then responds to by producing testosterone.

if this is not how clomid works, then please explain how it does. otherwise, if i have it correct, then how could a letro rebound do the exact opposite?

Thread Information