Thread: Test question

Shay-d is offline Junior Member

Test question

I was poking around on the countless websites that offer information on Test and came across this:

"We recommend that steroid novices stay away from all testosterone compounds. To make it very clear: Those who have never taken steroids do not yet need any testosterone and should wait until later when the "weaker" steroids begin to have little effect."

Everyone on this board suggests Test as a base for every cycle...beginner or not. Any comments?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    basically everything else is pretty hard on ur system or will shut u down or both.. some people willl suggest doin deca only for ur first cycle. but u will not get the best gains and u will have more sides then if u do just test. 500mg/wk of test. e. for a begginer is safe and u will see good gains, as long as everything else is in check

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

well

Quote Originally Posted by Shay-d
    I was poking around on the countless websites that offer information on Test and came across this:

"We recommend that steroid novices stay away from all testosterone compounds. To make it very clear: Those who have never taken steroids do not yet need any testosterone and should wait until later when the "weaker" steroids begin to have little effect."

Everyone on this board suggests Test as a base for every cycle...beginner or not. Any comments?
    i can tell you my very first cycle was deca , halo, winny back in the day. ok the halo, but no eth,prop,susp, or cycp in my first cycle. made very good gains for what i wanted to accomplish with that cycle.
    i think everyoen immediately says, "500mgs of test minimum first cycle". i, and bask8case lean towards low does cycling.why should you take more if you can get away with less to acheive you goals.
    **** my training partner and friend has never done any gear besides deca and winny for the last 2 years and went from 170 to 212 ane very lean. no test in there...to each his own...figure out your goals and your patience level for success

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    those quotes are old and incorrect.......testosterone is the most crucial hormone for muscle mass/strength and sex drive....all steroids shut down your natural test, therefore it is very wise to take testosterone injections......else, lots of problems

TheCobra is offline Banned
    i'm always told, test should be the base of any cycle you do
    Last edited by TheCobra; 04-28-2005 at 08:50 PM.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCobra
    i'm always being told test should be the base of any cycle you do?
    very wise thing to do

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    thats because it is.....

Shay-d is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCobra
    i'm always being told test should be the base of any cycle you do?
    Yes, I see the same thing, and after much research I firmly believe this. I'm still a little foggy with the reasoning behind the "jumpstart" with D-bol theory. I'm not saying it doesn't work...I just want to know why it works.

Aside from that, I just wanted some more opinions on the Test. Thanks to all who replied.

sevenmann is offline Associate Member
    Deca alone, not a good idea!! not even for a beginner, ask around. Deca works well, works best, when stacked. I used it alone, and didn't have great results.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Okay, there are often a lot of gaps in the communication. I think most of the people have good advice on here, but sometimes lack articulation skills, and the ability to clearly indicate ALL their motivations. The assumption being, if they are experienced, do it their way without question.

First to address something that strikes me as misinformation... the guy who mentioned that good gains were made with small doses over long periods of time... and that Test wasn't always necessary... Let me explain why this is WRONG. You see, it is going to be hard on your body REGARDLESS of what you do. Anything that causes you to get results will proportionately cause side affects. There are sometimes slightly favorable or unfavorable PERSONAL biases, but overall the continuum is rather accurate. The thing is this; IF YOU ARE GOING TO SUPPRESS ENDOGENOUS TEST PRODUCTION, GET SOME GOOD GAINS TO SHOW FOR IT! Basically, there are two types of people here. Those who think they can never be big enough, and those with a particular goal in mind of what the ideal is. If your goal is to continually work towards becoming as big as you can be, it's irrelevant. At some point a person with that objective is going to do pretty much the maximum they can withstand in terms of side affects and health risks. If however you're the person who has a finish line... as in, once you get to that "magical appearance" you will begin a more maintaining approach rather than looking to grow. For me, I suspect my image of perfection will be roughly 350 pounds of lean body mass at 6-3. I KID! No, really, more like 225, shredded lean, and I'm 6-3. So, my choice would be either... take slow drugs like primo or EQ alone and gradually creep up to my goal over the course of about 6 years. Or, do Test based cycles for a year or two, then begin my other goals such as cardio and flexibility and other things in addition to ressistance training. (I'm an ectomorphe, my biggest challenge is getting enough calories (and gear that's not fake, read my other posts... LOL)) But the trade off isn't really intelligent for the slower route ... because there are certain MINIMUM sides you will get from an anabolic coefficient that is noticeable. In other words, weaker drugs don't necessarily cause less side affects below a certain point. 100mg a week of Test will have pretty similar sides as 500mg... You will be testicularly shut down. The difference is, you're likely to gain much less on 100mg because its only slightly higher than your normal production.

And heres the kicker ... the safest bet to get gains appears to be test. So other steroids may or may NOT be affective for you, or as affective for you as for other people... but you are [almost] guaranteed to get gains on test. And with such a high likelihood of efficacy is worth giving it extra consideration as the drug of choice. All in all, you should probably just read until you can't stand reading about the subject. If you don't have enough interest to log in here daily and learn, you might not be a good candidate for a cycle in the first place.

Anyway, hope that was helpful...

T

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Okay, there are often a lot of gaps in the communication. I think most of the people have good advice on here, but sometimes lack articulation skills, and the ability to clearly indicate ALL their motivations. The assumption being, if they are experienced, do it their way without question.
    To an extent...I agree with that. But those that "sometimes lack articulation skills" as you put it, I could kinda see and relate how that comes off.

Having said that...me and U read here everyday, those replies are usually given "in that manner" to those that dont bother to do any homework...AT ALL. I mean...c'mon...Its obvious by many here that people find this site, and in this go fast world....they want a quick reply...

From experience on another forum, different hobby...I get tired of the "newbies" asking, but not spending 5-10-30 minutes reasearching....or something takes a toll....you know

just my 2cc worth

TEST doses, everyone is differnt, but I plan to always include it.

All in all, you should probably just read until you can't stand reading about the subject. If you don't have enough interest to log in here daily and learn, you might not be a good candidate for a cycle in the first place.
    AMEN to that

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    I like what TrumanHW and SS1476 have to say. Very good points.

As for test. I started out my first cycle about 15 years ago with Test. I started with low doses and have always seemed to respond to low doses (meaning 300mgs per week). Of course it is usually stacked with EQ @250pw or Winny 50mgs EOD. You know what I mean, test is a part of it just never at big doses.

oc pitbull is offline Member
    iss 500mg to much a week for a beginer?

Its my first pitbull, Im going with 400
    we both read here anywhere from 300
    to 500..I split it

oc pitbull is offline Member
    i love how horny test makes you!

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oc pitbull
    iss 500mg to much a week for a beginer?
    I would think as a beginner you may not need 500mgs per week. Try it at 200-250 for your first cycle. If you do not respond well than up it on your next cycle to 300-400 and so on.

I respond well to low doses and so might you. No sense using all that gear if you don't have to.

Jayman,

Im not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that

Nice Avatar

Dude, NO ****! Man, is that YOU in the avatar? If so, you're just a smidge bigger than I'd want to get, but you have fvcking GOOD genetics and muscle connections. You're fortunate. No anobolic will change that.

Anyway, here's the thing with picking a test dosage in my VERY humble opinion ...

What you WANT are all the anabolic affects, and only SOME of the androgenic affects. So, my recommendation would be to start with something like, 400mg a week minimum. Not much sense in running less unless you're willing to risk a fruitless cycle in which you will get endogenous test production supressed, for sure! So, with that GUARANTEED suppression, if you're willing to risk mild gains, you can TRY to see if your body responds well to 250mg of Test... but I wouldn't even consider running less.... as it does little more than replace your natural level if you do any less. Anyway, continuing on... IF you do a long ester, FRONT LOAD! The whole point to considering doing a low amount of test is to avoid sides, and two things control the sides of ANY drug - volume and duration. The motivation for frontloading is getting the amount released DAILY to the goal amount quickly. It will still take your body some time to respond, but at least you are giving it the intended amount from day 4 on. What you inject in other words, is not the primary concern - what is is the amount that is released on a daily basis. The reasoning is as follows.

1. If you had fake or underdosed gear, you'll know faster, and can take action.
    2. Without doing this, you'll be waiting around 40+ days for the sh1t to kick in.
    3. You can have a SHORTER OVER ALL DURATION which will result in being endogenously shut down for less time, and thus will suffer LESS testicular atrophy, which is the slight ache you'll feel in your nuts from them whithering away.

There are probably other good reasons... but thats a start.

Anyway, my other idea about this is with regards to playing with the androgenic value you can tolerate. You COULD (and if someone has a good reason to not do this please correct me) play with the doses... starting at something modest, then, during weeks 4 and 5 (assuming you front loaded otherwise it would be even later) you could up the dose 100 mg per week until you start to feel some sides that are beyond your prefered level of tolerance. Then, back off a bit, but know there will be some lag time. Also, as your first cycle, I have heard you should NOT run nolv UNTIL you see some sides developing, then offset them with it. The idea being to figure out your sensitivity to gyno. I don't know if thats such a good idea, but it is an idea to kick around. Anyway, you'd want to pick one or the other IMHO however... as doing both might be a recipe for disastrously big titties. LOL. Anyway, if you figure out what you can take before you get sides, you know what you SHOULD take to get the max gains WITHOUT sides... but you know, this all comes back to what your goals are. Ultimately, you should create a road that leads you to YOUR goal.

Peace dude...

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS1476
    Jayman,

Im not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that

Nice Avatar

simmer down now

Me simmer down?

MS421 is offline New Member
    I did a test e only cycle 500mg/wk for 10wks and gained a good 20 lbs and kept 15 of it. I had big strength gains and minimal sides, just breaking out on my back really. But just as importantly now I know how my body reacts to the test and I'm looking forward to throwing a couple of other things, including deca , in for my next cycle. I'm sure you would see some decent gains with a deca only cycle and I know a few people who have, but Id recommend starting with test as your base, and working off that for the future.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

That is old advice given because now anti-estrogen technology is more advanced. You should not take any testsoterone without having an anti-estrogen available so you can prevent gynomastia (growth of female like breasts). Testosterone is primarly taken to prevent testosterone deficiency which is sure to happen when you take ANY type of steroid. Effects of testosterone deficiency is: sexual dysfunction, inability to get hard, inability to have sex, clinical depression, suicidal thoughts, extreme acne outbreaks, just to name a few!

That does seem to be the consensus... And the thing is, the reason you come here... is looking for a group opinion thats consistent. I mean, isn't agreement of the experts (root work of experience) what we regard as fact? Short of having tested on yourself and already knowing your reaction, why not start with what people agree will work well with regards to the balancing act of gains/sides/risks/goals...

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member

where'd u come across that? gearhaterz.com?

Crispy, thats actually a really common sentence. A lot of places have it as their description of it.

Thread Information