TheCobra is offline Banned

does gear screw your stamina

Gear good for building mass or lean muscle for sports that require strength and explosive power but what types of gear effects or improves your stamina, for example, intervals or runs 2-7miles, or the abiltiy to go 10 rounds worth of sparring.

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCobra
    what types of gear effects or improves your stamina, for example, intervals or runs 2-7miles, or the abiltiy to go 10 rounds worth of sparring.
    all gear messes with my stamina.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    From what Ive heard and friends have said VAR seems to be the pick of athletes but thats just an opinon

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes it most definetly does, tren most notabley... the only reason var isn't so bad for it is because its so weak.

Taking creatine on cycle will help quite a bit to counter the problem

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Yes it most definetly does, tren most notabley... the only reason var isn't so bad for it is because its so weak.

Taking creatine on cycle will help quite a bit to counter the problem
    Wont the creatine make you bloat???

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSTARTINGNY
    Wont the creatine make you bloat???
    Creatine doesn't make me bloat at all, if it did just take a good AI with your cycle like Letro or Aromasin

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Gear good for building mass or lean muscle for sports that require strength and explosive power but what types of gear effects or improves your stamina, for example, intervals or runs 2-7miles, or the abiltiy to go 10 rounds worth of sparring.
    Yes it "messes" with your stamina. Your RBC count goes up and your blood gets sluggish, your heart has a harder time moving the blood around the body. So, oxygen takes more time to get to the places it should, carbon dioxide is removed more slowly and lactic acid builds up in the absence of oxygen (see below), which makes exercise more painful.

---------------------------

NOTE: More on lactic acid:
    When energy is required to perform exercise it is supplied from the breakdown of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP). The body has a limited store of about 85 grms of ATP and would use it up very quickly if we did not have ways of resynthesising it. There are three systems that produce energy to resynthesise ATP: ATP-PC, lactic acid and aerobic.

The lactic acid system is capable of releasing energy to resynthesise ATP without the involvement of oxygen and is called anaerobic glycolysis. Glycolysis (breakdown of carbohydrates) results in the formation of pyruvic acid and hydrogens ions (H+). A build up of H+ will make the muscle cells acidic and interfere with their operation so carrier molecules, called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), remove the H+. The NAD+ is reduced to NADH which deposit the H+ at the electron transport gate (ETC) in the mitrochondria to be combined with oxygen to form water (H2O).

If there is insufficient oxygen then NADH cannot release the H+ and they build up in the cell. To prevent the rise in acidity pyruvic acid accepts H+ forming lactic acid which then dissociates into lactate and H+. Some of the lactate diffuses into the blood stream and takes some H+ with it as a way of reducing the H+ concentration in the muscle cell. The normal pH of the muscle cell is 7.1 but if the build up of H+ continues and pH is reduced to around 6.5 then muscle contraction may be impaired and the low pH will stimulate the free nerve endings in the muscle resulting in the perception of pain (the burn). This point is often measured as the lactic threshold or anerobie threshold or onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA).

Reference for note: http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/lactic.htm
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 04-29-2005 at 08:23 PM.

TheCobra is offline Banned
    when you say "messes with your stamina" does that include short burts of high intensity anaerobic exersise like 100m or 400m sprint intervals, circuit training or short runs no more then 3miles?

when you say "messes with your stamina" does that include short burts of high intensity anaerobic exersise like 100m or 400m sprint intervals, circuit training or short runs no more then 3miles?
    Cobra, your hear is going to work harder, your blood pressure will most likely be elevated and I've already described some of the other results of steroid use in relation to exercise.

You can condition yourself and improve your performance through training while on steroids . But be aware that these other silent things are happening in your body at the same time.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    This is once again just a personal observation but if some1 has the knowledge to either back it up or prove me wrong, plz do. I've noticed when sparring I seem to tire more easily BUT I'm also able to recover a lot more better. Since I can rest while sparring (on the mat) I seem to get sorta second winds easier and I think my overall performance is better. Not saying that this applies to all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    This is once again just a personal observation but if some1 has the knowledge to either back it up or prove me wrong, plz do. I've noticed when sparring I seem to tire more easily BUT I'm also able to recover a lot more better. Since I can rest while sparring (on the mat) I seem to get sorta second winds easier and I think my overall performance is better. Not saying that this applies to all sports.
    There is a lot going on in the body besides what I mentioned. People wouldn't use steroids for sports performance if they didn't increase recovery time, help people get faster and stronger. The original poster in this thread asked a question in the title of the tread: "Does gear screw with your stamina?" The answer is yes, it does.

There are tons of studies available that show how steroid can improve performance, that's a given. But not everyone is aware that steroids can ALSO decrease performance due to some of the things I mentioned.

Each person is affected by steroids differently. If you want studies for a simple question like this, then go search on the internet, you should be able to find pleanty of them.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Each person is affected by steroids differently. If you want studies for a simple question like this, then go search on the internet, you should be able to find pleanty of them.
    Do you have a good resource link where there is a lot of research material? I've used pubmed but one problem I've encountered is that I havent found many articles with doses like BB use.. Many are done with physiological doses or slightly above.. I could be wrong but I feel that its not quite easy to get studies on high dose AAS use and its effects.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah
    Last edited by bigcut77; 09-27-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Do you have a good resource link where there is a lot of research material? I've used pubmed but one problem I've encountered is that I havent found many articles with doses like BB use.. Many are done with physiological doses or slightly above.. I could be wrong but I feel that its not quite easy to get studies on high dose AAS use and its effects.
    The studies you most likely will find will be about the basic affects of steroids on health and will suport the various things I've stated in this thread. I'm not going to search for them, since this is an easy, straight forward subject. If you take time you'll find them.

When people present studies in support of thier statements, you should take time to understand that the conclusions (based on these studies) that are drawn by steroid users are still speculation. You're not going to find many, if any, legitimate studies about steroids used by humans the moderate to high doses that are commonly used during a bodybuilding cycle. Furthermore, you won't find any studies pertaining directly to humans when the drugs in question are produced and legally used only in veteranary medicine.

It's good that people take time to look for and refer to studies, but there are only a few animals that can be used in studies to mimic the drug reactions that would occur in humans. The reaction of a rat to a drug may be similar to a human, but VASTLY different than a cow's reaction to the same drug.

So, be dilligent. Find your studies. But, becareful how you use studies or abstracts to support your steroid theories. Unless an experiement is specifically designed to address an issue or has been investigated systematically and impartially to address a specific issue, then that experiement and its conclusion should not be bent to support our steroid use theories. At best, the studies that available can be a SLIGHT, but not conclusive indication of what humans versus animals may experience while cycling certain steroids or when using physiological versus supraphysiological doses.

Thread Information