go4gold is offline Member

Var only cycles?

Just wondering what type of results people got on var only cycles. here is a cycle i am thinking about, this is all i have acess too. I have heard people have gotten good results, just not sure what those results were exactly. I am looking to mabe gain 5-10 lbs LBM and shed fat off and hopefully get a bit vascular. Also have some great strength gains. Not asking for much i hope.

Here is what I want to do for a cycle:
    Oxandrolone- 40-50 mg/ed 1-10 wks
    Clenbuterol - work up to 120 mcg/ed 1-10 wks
    Benedryl- 25-50 mg/ed for 1-10 wks before bed
    Clomid- 50 mg/ed for 11-13 wks
    novadex- 20mg/ed for 11-13 wks or just when needed.

Milestone is offline Junior Member
    Hey Im no pro here , but hope my imput helps, but I think the Anavar could go up to 50mg + and then only run it for say 8 weeks and also I dont know if you will get much out of Clen over 10 weeks ?? search for the Clenbuterol Handbook thread , and also have a look at http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=112543

hope this helps

i may cut the var and clen to 8 weeks proable more then likely. but I feel that at 150lbs, 40-50mg of var should be plenty for my body weight.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    You should look into using turnabol I think its better then var and cheaper.

Milestone is offline Junior Member
    I also think maybe you should run some test eg Prop for cutting , if this is your aim , but most important is try and get more research in before you start this cycle I think it needs some serious adjusting and maybe post your Stats so the guys can get a idea on your Base levels , I have heard people can put anything from 0-15 lbs of Anavar alone , but diet and training have to be spot on, but check the thread I posted above for better help here.

good luck

Sta11ion is offline Member
    IMO Anavar is overrated for the money. I get the same results from a good diet.

If i gain 5-10lbs, i am very happy, will of course diet though also. Just not into the needles anymore and just want the least sides. Looking to get harder, more vascular, a lot stronger, and cut the abs up a bit ( they are not that bad now).

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    If you want the least sides, an oral steroid such as Anavar will be a bad choice. I understand the "sides" that you're talking about are gyno and water retention, but those can easily be subsided and Test Prop doesn't result in those sides anyways. Anavar, while it doesn't harm you much compared to some orals, is still an body-harsh oral.

If you do go with the Anavar, you really shouldn't take it more than 8 weeks, even 6 weeks for you would probably be fine, because you can gain 5 lbs in just a few weeks with a solid diet and no var whatsoever.

If you do decide to go with Var and Test Prop, which would be my recomendation, the prop will aid in vascularity and muscle hardness, not to mention huge strength gains.

Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    If you want the least sides, an oral steroid such as Anavar will be a bad choice. I understand the "sides" that you're talking about are gyno and water retention, but those can easily be subsided and Test Prop doesn't result in those sides anyways. Anavar, while it doesn't harm you much compared to some orals, is still an body-harsh oral.

If you do go with the Anavar, you really shouldn't take it more than 8 weeks, even 6 weeks for you would probably be fine, because you can gain 5 lbs in just a few weeks with a solid diet and no var whatsoever.

If you do decide to go with Var and Test Prop, which would be my recomendation, the prop will aid in vascularity and muscle hardness, not to mention huge strength gains.

As far as I know bro anavar as the least sides over any other steroid. But I do like your suggestion of test prop and var its a great combo.

will the prop and var make for a good cutting cycle. and like i said before, want to avoid water retention. Don't want my face to get fat again. just want to gain 5 to 10 lbs solid muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by go4gold
    will the prop and var make for a good cutting cycle. and like i said before, want to avoid water retention. Don't want my face to get fat again. just want to gain 5 to 10 lbs solid muscle.
    Yes it would this work for you

test prop 50mg ed weeks 1-8
    anavar 30mg ed weeks 1-8
    Have nolva or something like armidex on hand for gyno reason.
    And for PCT Clomid 300/100/50

sound good to me man. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    i ran a var only cycle about 6-7 months back gained a good 10-12 solid lbs, ran it for about 6-7 weeks i planned on running it for 8 weeks but i miscalculated the amount i had and the dosage i was running, btw i was running 80mg ED, and i actually had people asking if i was taking something because the size i gained was quite noticeable, i plan on trying another var only cycle soon, except this time i think i'm gonna run it at 50mg ED for about 10weeks, i figured if my last cycle was stretched out longer my results would of been even better. good luck
    80 mg, thats alot, may i ask how big you are. I am hoping that 50 mg of var should be suffiecent enough for 150 pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    i'm sure it will be enough if u weigh 150, i weighed about 168 at the time and when my cycle was over i was about 184, but like i said if i do it again i will likely run it at
    50mg or 60mg for 10 weeks cuz i think i'm gonna notice better results with a longer cycle cuz most my gains were the last few weeks of my cycle, but anavar is pretty mild steroid if u ask me, theres lots of people that run it at 70-80mg some even run it higher, just make sure u run milk thistle with it as well to keep ur liver in check, better safe then sorry
    Yeah a guy I know ran var at 120mg eachday for 8 weeks. Crazy dose but he had no problems.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/img]) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif[/img].

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why.

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
    Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

1 - Flax Oil
    Consuming lots of omega fatty acids promotes overall health, as well as helping to keep your lipid profile from becoming too bad.

2 - Policosanol
    Used at 20mg daily to keep your HDL (good cholesterol) levels from crashing, and your LDL from becoming too high.

3 - Niacin
    Preferably the flush free variety. If you wish, niacin can be used at 1-2g ED for a short period post-cycle to normalize HDL levels. Do not use for more than 7-14 days, as liver toxicity can be an issue when using those dosages of niacin for long periods of time.

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/img]) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif[/img].

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why.

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

1 - Flax Oil
    Consuming lots of omega fatty acids promotes overall health, as well as helping to keep your lipid profile from becoming too bad.

2 - Policosanol
    Used at 20mg daily to keep your HDL (good cholesterol) levels from crashing, and your LDL from becoming too high.

3 - Niacin
    Preferably the flush free variety. If you wish, niacin can be used at 1-2g ED for a short period post-cycle to normalize HDL levels. Do not use for more than 7-14 days, as liver toxicity can be an issue when using those dosages of niacin for long periods of time.

this is some great info.....

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    I learn more and more each day in here, Thanks to post like this and many others.!

Gerkie66 is offline Female Member
    Great info...

I think I read somewhere it also increase colligen(spelling?) synthesis so it actually strenghtens/heals ligaments and tendons? Is there any truth to that?

Found it. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...agen+synthesis

Im about 230 pounds so thats about 105 kilos, 105 kilos times 3 (for mg needed to heal tendons) = 315 / 7 days = 45mg a day. Im actually thinking of a var only cycle now just to heal up the old knees, might opt for this over my originial igf only cycle. Im just curious as to what the strength gains on var only are?

Lift05 is offline Member
    good info

Lift05 is offline Member
    bump

the good guy is offline Junior Member
    bump

Thread Information