stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

case of flue.. when to gym??

I came sick yday and now I would like to know when I can get back in the gym. I dont have fever, my throat is sore and I'm coughing alot. I also feel a lil weak but dont wanna stay away from the gym unless very necessary. Dont wanna waste any of my cycle but dont feel well enough to train yet, so this is frustrating.. So i guess what I'm asking is that if anyone knows when it is beneficial to hit the gym again... If not on cycle I definetly wouldnt go 4 a couple days but dunno if diffrent logic applies here...

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    bro theres no way i let sickness get in my way of going to the gym unless maybe im dying then i just would go light on the weights

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    been sick the past week, same symptoms as u, thats y i had to delay the start of my cycle. Sure as hel didnt stop me from hitting the wieghts though. Just do it.

TDS
    TDS is offline Associate Member
    imo i would stay home and eat big. iv read that when on the flu, raised body temp only makes the flu stronger. just look at it as time to eat and grow.

I have a vague idea on reading that if you are sick then training could be even counter productive but dont know if that is completely true and even if it is how does being on cycle change that..

KeyMastur is offline VET
    get your rest and use this time as your break from the gym.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOATNUTS
    bro theres no way i let sickness get in my way of going to the gym unless maybe im dying then i just would go light on the weights
    This is stupid. Your body needs to recover from your sickness before it can recover from muscle fatigue and rebuild anything. It will concentrate all of its energy on fighting off the virus instead of building new muscle. Going to the gym now will be detramental.

ok.. can you go the first day you feel good or as some sources say that you should have 1-2 days of being healthy in between .. thx 4 the answers BTW..

yerg is offline Associate Member
    Go to the gym!!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Do you think its test related(test flu) ?I got it bad in my 2nd week, stomach sickness, then on third week got the cough, just went away 5 th week. If you think its test related I cut my next couple of shots of test down alittle, now guys will say this is no good, but not getting back in the gym as soon as possible is worst. Once I started feeling better, just happened to be when my cycle started kicking, I just up the mg of my test for the next couple of shots once I felt better and i fyou feel you missed out by cutting dosage you can run your cycle a week or two longer. If its not test related, keep eating no matter what and get rest, push ups and some home training in the mean while should help keep pump up!JMO good luck!!Also get good multi vit, drink lots of oj and jump start immune system
    Last edited by BG; 05-01-2005 at 10:20 AM.

yerg is offline Associate Member
    I get short periods of time where I feel like crap too. Its from the test..

Naah... really doubt that its directly test related since have a fever now and feel like CRAP (lying between the blankets)! No chance of hitting the gym today possibly not even 2moro.. Trying to eat as much as I can but since feel so crappy not doing a very good job. Shakes are helping out a lil since they are easier to down but man this is so FRUSTRATING.. Weight has gone down couple of pounds...

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    bro everyone is different but what helps me is getting out the house and being active. when i used test the first two times i got the test flu. the first go around i stayed home and relaxed and the second time i just went about my days as normal. the honest truth my symptoms went away quicker the second time.

Thread Information