mikeysauce is offline Junior Member

When does water retention occur?

When taking gear that puts on alot of water weight..when actually is the water entering the muscle to give you the bloated up look...is it during actual workout or in muscle recovery??? I seem to notice that while in the gym the pumps I receive are awesome from blood flow but tbe following day I seem to start blowing up...which is during muscle recovery...anyone know anything about this...

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    mine came the 5-6th month

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The gear-related water retention is independent of working out... It is a side effect of estrogen...formed when testosterone aromatizes

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    The gear-related water retention is independent of working out... It is a side effect of estrogen...formed when testosterone aromatizes
    exaxctly,..that is why womens BF and water retention is much higher than men.

o i understand...so with creatine...which has nothing to do with estrogen...does the muscle bloat occur during recovery...is the muscle beign saturated during muscle recovery...

because i find when i come off of gear and lose water weight inside the muscle...my muscles feel very dry sometimes when working out...when they are saturated they have a much better stretch and feel that they are much bigger

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I find excess water retention comes from eating too many simple sugars, not enough water intake during the day and alcohol... all these things will bloat me while on...

If you want a healthy way to bring water into the muscle, increase your intake of simple sugars with things like sports drinks (like, Gatorade)...

Thread Information