adam-cole is offline New Member

am I overtraining?

I work out twice a day. In the morning I do bench, curl variations, and pulldowns. Then in the afternoon I do 3 dif. shoulder workouts, pull-ups tell failure, shrugs, and dips. My coach says im over training but I dont really ever get that sore so any help would be appreciated Thanxx.

hell yeah your overtraining. Thats WAYYYYYY too much in one day. You'd be much better off splitting it up

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    There is a training forum on this board. But it sounds like you just are not intense enough while you are in the gym... If you have to go twice per day and are not sore or spent.

Hell Awaits is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    hell yeah your overtraining. Thats WAYYYYYY too much in one day. You'd be much better off splitting it up
    truth

chinups Guest
    I don't call it over training..I call it under juicing!!!

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    I only work out every other day and I get amazing gains. My work outs are usually about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and very intense. I don't think you are doing heavy enough weight. peace bro

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_fusion
    I only work out every other day and I get amazing gains. My work outs are usually about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and very intense. I don't think you are doing heavy enough weight. peace bro
    Isnt it true that cotisol levels become so high that after an hour and 20 min of training it does more harm than good? I read something like this someplace, anybody know?

jwillfcsl is offline Associate Member
    i have heard the same, plus, the way one feel after a workout past an hour, personally, i just to not have the same drive and explosiveness, that is enought to tell me its time to go home

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Isnt it true that cotisol levels become so high that after an hour and 20 min of training it does more harm than good? I read something like this someplace, anybody know?
    I worry about overtraining when i go home not while in the gym. It just seems rediculous to me to say i have to be out of here in an hour, i have already done 12 sets for chest better not do anymore are else i will overtrain.
    Go in train hard and then worry about rest.

adam-cole is offline New Member
    but i rest every other day and two days on the weekend
    mon-off tue-on wed-off thur-on fri\sat-off

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    That is a terrible workout.

What are your goals?

This is the wrong forum by the way.

firest0rm is offline New Member
    Well from what I've read, you get past a certain point where free radicals enter your body and break down muscle fibres, resulting in doing more harm then good.

Are you growing from this training? Are your muscles getting big and toned? If not then you're doing something wrong, if they are then you're doing it right.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    do you ever work legs?

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    if ur on juice and u did post in the steroid question then its very hard to over train....i like wat one pro said i think it was badell u cant over train if ur getting enough rest and geting more than enough nutrients in ur body

Thread Information