buffedude is offline New Member

A solution for scar tissue at injection sites

Many of you might have been experiencing significant scar tissue in cases of repeated injections or after injections of anabolics with high benzyl alcohol content. This makes repeat injecitons into those adhesed scar tissues difficult and painful.
    One solution would be to inject hyaluronidase into the area of adhesions/scar tissue. Hyaluronic acid is part of the ground substance of connective tissue and hyaluronidase can help break it up. I have had good success by local injection of hyaluronidase into the affeced area followed by asking the patients to perform friction massage to the area to help break down scar tissue. The results have been pretty good: much less painful and smoother subsequent injections. I am also considering adding collagenase for injections and will post the results.
    I don't think these injecions would be easily available. May want to ask your doctors for these injections.

Thumbs up

Bump

ironmover is offline New Member
    Just what I was looking for. After many many injections (especially in those who are over sensitive to benzyl alcohol) that darned needle insetion gets harder and harder pushing it through the tough scar tissue. Does this work short term or the effects last a long time?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    My GF just got some new tits and there are very large and prominent semicircular scars in her armpits. Would this work for that? Maybe hit her right in the scars with an insulin rig loaded with that stuff, a couple times per week?

ironmover- honestly I can't address the long term efficacy of it. Not too many people use it for this purpose, and it was an idea that I had an it is working quite well so far. But patients have not gone more than 3 weeks so far for me to know how long its effects will last. Theoretifcally, once the scar tissue breaks, subsequent collgen remodeling should be closer to the that of the normal tissue. I suspect some degree of remnant tissue abnormality regardless. We'll see.

Baron- the axillary scar of your GF's augmentation mastoplasty is causing pain or is an appearance issue? Is she forming hypertrophic scars or keloids? In general I've used mixture of hyaluronidase/corticosteroid mixture with good success to help shrink the scars and decrease the pain. Passage of time by itself could be quite helpful too if she just had her procedure done.

ironmover is offline New Member
    I'm sure a lot of bros here have scar tissues. Any chance that a "research" company could make this available to us?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Interesting post I will look into this.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member

Talking

Please keep us informed.
    Last edited by boywonder10101; 05-04-2005 at 11:03 PM.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    Nice to see someone else here with a medical background(and who isn't afraid to show it)

NICE POST BUFF.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    My GF just got some new tits and there are very large and prominent semicircular scars in her armpits. Would this work for that? Maybe hit her right in the scars with an insulin rig loaded with that stuff, a couple times per week?

Tjelle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    lol, u just made my day=)

This is no cure for the problem, but I'd say there's at least an 80% improvement with a single deep tissue injection of H-ase. I'm really amazed with the results though. I started using it only 3-4 weeks ago and do not know if the improvement is long-lasting or not. It's definitley worth trying though. I am also considering using collagenase by itself or in addition to hyalurinidase to see if there is any added benefit.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by buffedude
    Baron- the axillary scar of your GF's augmentation mastoplasty is causing pain or is an appearance issue? Is she forming hypertrophic scars or keloids? In general I've used mixture of hyaluronidase/corticosteroid mixture with good success to help shrink the scars and decrease the pain. Passage of time by itself could be quite helpful too if she just had her procedure done.
    No pain at the incision, but some painful scar tissue internally that tries to adhere to the implants. She was advised by her surgeon to keep massaging it and not let it attach there. But our concern is the visible scars. She also had SRS a few years ago, and some scarring down there is still evident. Not on the neovagina itself, but where some excess skin was taken up, at the natural crease of the top of her thigh. She is extremely light-skinned. Those scars faded so that they are not obvious in dimly lit environments, but they are obvious under reasonably bright light or daylight. We figure the breast augmentation scars will behave similarly. It would be nice to reduce them even further, as well as maybe help the SRS scars to fade a bit more. It looks quite nice down there, and she has had sex with many women who did not have a clue that she might not have been born female. If she doesn't tell, they don't know, generally. BUT... she shaved down there recently, and is thinking about going to work as a dancer in a strip club. Minimizing these scars, both top and bottom, has taken on a new importance.

The mammoplasty scars do pucker somewhat, and make prominent ridges, if that is what you mean. The older scars are now mostly smooth and flush with the skin, with only minor dimpling or puckering, but they looked similar, immediately post-surgery.

Could you provide more detail on how you administered the hyaluronidase/corticosteroid mixture, what contraindications, if any, we should watch for, and possible sides? I don't think we will be self-medicating, but it might help if/when we go to a plastic surgeon.

Thread Information