Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    newbrew is offline Senior Member

Will you admit that you draw/shoot with same pin?

I just drew and shot with the same pin for the first time and it was absolutely painless.

I did, however, swab the top of the vial really well before doing so.

Someone have any advice for talking me out of making this a habit?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i draw with an 18 guage so i do not inject with the same pin.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I just drew and shot with the same pin for the first time and it was absolutely painless.

I did, however, swab the top of the vial really well before doing so.

Someone have any advice for talking me out of making this a habit?
    Exactly how I do it.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    do whatever you want, but i perfer it draw with a 20g and shoot with a fresh 25

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I always change the pin I draw with from the one I inject with. Is it necessary? probably not. How many times I've gotten shots at the Dr. office and they always drawn and shoot with the same pin. But with the amount of injections I do, the chance for problems is expounded. So I spend a few dollars on 100 extra pins or so and that's that. It's all where your priorities lie I suppose.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    why risk infection over something that costs fu*kall man?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I draw with a 20-21 guage and inject with a 23 guage... I do this for ease of withdrawing the oil. It is 100% ok to use the same pin you draw with as doctors and nurses do it all the time.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    hmmmm, never really considered that

so, you use a removable 18 guage for eg, then put on the regular 22 removable on the same pin that you drew with to inject?

yah, cause it does dull it abit eh?

RA
    [QUOTE=symatech]I always change the pin I draw with from the one I inject with. Is it necessary? probably not. How many times I've gotten shots at the Dr. office and they always drawn and shoot with the same pin.

Exactly, you never see nurses draw then switch then shoot.

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=roidattack]
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I always change the pin I draw with from the one I inject with. Is it necessary? probably not. How many times I've gotten shots at the Dr. office and they always drawn and shoot with the same pin.

Exactly, you never see nurses draw then switch then shoot.
    Like syma said.....You also don't see them injecting you a million times. Your chances for getting a bunged up tip, or having a needle with infectious stuff on it go up when you inject often. Neccessary no, definitely can't hurt anything.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossroadS
    Like syma said.....You also don't see them injecting you a million times. Your chances for getting a bunged up tip, or having a needle with infectious stuff on it go up when you inject often. Neccessary no, definitely can't hurt anything.
    Poke the test and draw, poke the deca and draw, then inject. Havent had one problem.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

This is why I don't

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    i usually take one pin and draw 6 or 7 different syrenges full then discard the draw pin, recap the syrenges and use a fresh pin each time i shoot. but i am shooting every day.this saves alot of pins

hill8985 is offline Associate Member
    I always used the same pin, then I saw that picture Justin just put up....changed my mind

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane

This is why I don't
    These are not pictures of pins that went through rubber!

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    For peace of mind, I switch pins also before
    the shot. For the pennies they cost, stocking
    up with various sizes is pretty easy...IMO

Once Blown SC posted that PIC above, that did
    it for me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    These are not pictures of pins that went through rubber!
    I pulled this pic from another thread I was reading. Why do you say they were not put through rubber... I mean, I know the pics look pretty nasty but how do you know?

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    I pulled this pic from another thread I was reading. Why do you say they were not put through rubber... I mean, I know the pics look pretty nasty but how do you know?
    If you think about it a shot would cause a lot of trauma to a pin. Pushing through a rubber stop would not cause the same amount. If it were true, most of my shots would look like the third pin.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    If you think about it a shot would cause a lot of trauma to a pin. Pushing through a rubber stop would not cause the same amount. If it were true, most of my shots would look like the third pin.
    well, I am far from an expert so I appreciate your opinion.

innocent_criminal is offline Junior Member
    Just my .02 cents here!! On my first cycle, i used the same pin to draw and shoot with. No problems for the longest. Rotating spots and everything like I should be doing. Well, there torward the end, I started noticing it got a little harder to put in. It did not hurt at all when it went in but it got pretty hard to get it in. Couple of times it even made a little pop sound goin it. Well, my last week of shooting, I got some extra needles and changed out after drawing. I could tell they went in a little easier than they had before. So, IMO i think a new needle will go in a little easier. Both felt the same going in most of the time. The difference was me having to push less hard with the new needle. The difference was not huge, but there was a difference.

I_C

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    As of this point in my CAREER, I switch....we will see what happens

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    I have been giving injections in the hospital for 8 yrs and I do not change the needle. I give my gear injections the same way and I have never had a problem. If it makes you feel better to change it, then change it.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    draw with a 1 1/2 inch 22 gauge, shoot with a 1inch 25 guage, like butta

gixxer600 is offline Member
    Why even bother?? They are so bloody cheap anyways! Think what it would cost if you got an infection. More than just the cash value. It would cost :
    1. your cycle would be wasted
    2. couldn't workout for a while
    3. it would be so painful and a pain in the ass to take care of

For what? a couple of dollars? if that even??

SensP is offline Associate Member
    I admit it.

DarkKnightAZ is offline Junior Member
    I did it on my first cycle.. 23g to draw and then shoot. But once I got some 25g to shoot with.. I always draw with 23g and then change to 25g to shoot.

goes right in with no pain what so ever....

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    the instructions to swap needles before injecting actually come from a time when the quality of needles wasn't as good. as you can see at the the doctors office, this is no longer the medical standard, modern steel pin points won't degrade with a single draw.

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    the instructions to swap needles before injecting actually come from a time when the quality of needles wasn't as good. as you can see at the the doctors office, this is no longer the medical standard, modern steel pin points won't degrade with a single draw.

I agree. I think those pictures are pretty outdated. Modern stainless steel needles do not degrade like that. In fact I would think you would have a greater risk of infection by changing the needles because your are handling the syringe that much more and the steroid is exposed to open air that much longer when you remove the first needle. Just make sure to wipe down the top of the vial every time. I never swicth needles. Too much work and too risky imo.

From the center for disease control (AMA and WHO say the same thing):

"Persons administering vaccines should follow necessary precautions to minimize risk for spreading disease. Hands should be washed with soap and water or cleansed with an alcohol-based waterless antiseptic hand rub between each patient contact. Gloves are not required when administering vaccinations, unless persons administering vaccinations are likely to come into contact with potentially infectious body fluids or have open lesions on their hands. Syringes and needles used for injections must be sterile and disposable to minimize the risk of contamination. A separate needle and syringe should be used for each injection. Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is unnecessary. Different vaccines should never be mixed in the same syringe unless specifically licensed for such use."

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5102a1.htm

The CDC, AMA, and WHO all say it is unnecessary to change needles between drawing and injecting. Modern stainless steel needles will not be dulled to a point where you will be able to notice a signifigant differnce in sharpness by pushing them the rubber stopper once. So draw, inject, then throw your needle away. A drawing needle is not necessary. All the top medical authorties in the land are not wrong.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is unnecessary. .
    Thats enough for me.

I agree with the above. Ive often thought about how sanitary it is when I am switching pins and actually handling the pin itself. I think its also a fairly valuable point to mention that the substance is exposed that much longer to air and any possible nonsense floating around.

I can't see dulling of the needle to be a valid argument. The only valid argument I see is perhaps sterility issues....but how unsterile can the top of a vial be after swabing?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Nothing wrong with using the same pin. I use a big pin for drawing and a small one for jabbing simply as an issue of comfort and ease. I HAVE drew with a 23 and injected with the same pin, but my regular habit is to buy syringes with 21ga pins attached, draw with that rig, then change to a 25 or 23 for shooting.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I draw with an 18-20g and shoot with a 25-27g. Why on earth would I shoot with the same pin I draw with, I'm no masochist.

Besides, pinz are cheap as fu*k.

dgthekid is offline Junior Member
    i draw n inject with the same one. 1 inch 22g. never had a problem

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    nope

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I draw with a 20g and shoot with a 23g... I ran out of 20g's once and used the same pin, it made me feel like I was living dangerously! lol... but really pins are what? 5 cents each? I'd pay a nickle to lower my chance of infection by 1%

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    I'd pay a nickle to lower my chance of infection by 1%
    Not to mention lowering the amount of scar tissue you build up. I don't care how much the pin is blunted by going through the stopper, it's blunted some. And that translates directly to more scare tissue with every injection.

PINZ ARE CHEAP!

brian2489 is offline New Member
    I just got done getting about 40cc of puss taken out of my right delt and was running a fevor for 5 days. Why?? drawing with the same 18ga pin i have been using this whole cycle and using a fresh 22ga for inject. from now on new stuff every time i draw and inject including the plunger. My friend was the doc who did the procedure on me and is into the bodybuilding scene and he told me that was what happen. So take it from me change them lol. Here is the pic of my e.r. bed after they took that shit out of my delt bros
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will you admit that you draw/shoot with same pin?-picture15.jpg  

innocent_criminal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian2489
    I just got done getting about 40cc of puss taken out of my right delt and was running a fevor for 5 days. Why?? drawing with the same 18ga pin i have been using this whole cycle and using a fresh 22ga for inject. from now on new stuff every time i draw and inject including the plunger. My friend was the doc who did the procedure on me and is into the bodybuilding scene and he told me that was what happen. So take it from me change them lol. Here is the pic of my e.r. bed after they took that shit out of my delt bros

Dam bro!! That sucks. I hope all is well with you now.

I always open and use a new draw needle and then open a new needle to inject with everytime. I take no chances. If i even bump the needle with anything besides what it is suppose to touch............I change. No chances here. And those things are cheap enuff that I dont care if i waste some.

I_C

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    dwar 18, stick 25, saves time, less air, a bit sharper all for 7 cents

RA
    Its not about the price. It is more sterile, it doesnt blunt the needle, and if you shoot air in first it takes 10 seconds to load. I havent heard a good argument yet to start swapping pins out.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    How could drawing with the same pin the shootting with the same pin then discarding it cause any type of infection? Clean the bottle with alcohol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information