tempbrit is offline Member

Responsible Pin Disposal

I now fully realize why there is so much risk associated with Drug addicts disposing of their used needles on the beach and other public areas.

Disposing of your pins responsibly is not as simple as it should be. I guess that is the key point.

I am well into my first cycle and took a look at my box of used needles and decided to get rid of them. I took them and wrapped them thick in Duct Tape and placed them in a metal can, similar to a coffee can.

Originally, I called a few clinics to see how to dispose of them and all informed me that fees applied and only minimal drop off locations existed.

Thinking about how difficult this process is for a professional guy who is thinking clearly, only makes me very concerned knowing that these similar steps will never be taken by people who have substances clouding their brain shortly after injecting.

Wish things were different.

Are things different in Florida?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    wrap it in the metal can tightly and drop into a garbage???

tempbrit is offline Member
    Sorry, I did not make that clear. I did not drop it into the garbage. Did not feel comfortable with that.

I am going to drop it off at a location about 45 minutes away. However, fees and access are not at all simple.

My point is....WHAT a PAIN in the ASS!

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    got it

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    Brother, you are overreacting big time. My regular doc, the one who prescribes b12 for me, tells me to snip the needles with a pair of pliers and then put everthing in jar, run some bleach through the jar and then toss the jar (with just the pins, no bleach) in my own trash. No one's going to reuse them with busted pins. And if they want to get at the bodies, so be it. They can't do much with them. And with regard to the environmental aspect, once you run the bleach through them, they are no more dangerous than a box of new pins.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

personally

i throw it all in an N-Large tub and dump it ob the garden state parkway

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    A sharps container costs $3 at Walgreens. Don't put anything in but the pins... no caps, syringes, wrappers, etc. It will take a looooong time to fill up. When it is full, take it with you on your next visit to your doc, or ask a local hospital or fire department about disposal of sharps.

pitbull4 is offline Junior Member
    mine go right down the sewer or in a dumpster

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i throw it all in an N-Large tub and dump it ob the garden state parkway

those are yours?? lol jk

i usually take the pin off the syringe leave it in the cap and roll it on a toilet papper and throw it out in the garbage at the gym...

smegs is offline Member
    i use my old protein bottles, throw them all in there then take it to a garbage dump at the end of my cycle

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull4
    mine go right down the sewer or in a dumpster
    there was a thread about flushing pins, not a good idea. why doesn't everyone just use a sharps container, or at least an old protein tub ,they're dirt cheap.

Thread Information