Reptile is offline Associate Member

drawing question?

i havnt tried this yet, but i was just playing with my vial and the stopper popped off, now i was thinking,

wouldnt it be easier to just remove the rubber stopper and draw directly from the vial? instead of going through the stopper, this way i wouldnt have to change the needle either and wouldnt run the risk of getting rubber peices in the gear,
    im sure this is not a good method tho or else more people would do it, so why isnt this a good idea?

why cant i just take the stopper off and draw it that way?

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    if the stopper came off very easily you wanna be careful that somebody else didnt draw out the gear and replace it.

Cygnus is offline New Member

Popping the stopper

I'm no expert by any means but it would seem to me that unless you were in a controlled environment, that any airborne particles could in theory, get into the vile which in turn would get into the syringe and could enter your body/bloodstream. While i'm sure that most of these "potential" particles would probably pose no threat to you, I would think the stopper is just a way to keep the gear as clean as possible. With all of the crap thats popping up these days, I dont mind the added "insurance" of the stopper. IMO..... I could be way off base and if I am, i'm sure someone on here will no doubt let you and I both know about it.

MrKadugen is offline Junior Member
    No. That's why there is a stopper in the first place. It prevents pathogens (bacteria and shit) from getting into the vial and contaminating it. Cause if you get some pathogens in the vial, then suck it up into the syring then inject it, you could get one NASTY ASS infection, either at the site of injection or in your blood.

So my advice would be to leave the stopper on the vial. Cause if you take the stopper off, it will allow for contams to enter the vial every time you withdraw.

And I don't think you'll get any rupper peices in ther gear.

And the syringe shouldn't dull much from passing through the rubber stopper. Cause the new syringe tips are pretty sharp and won't dull much fron going through the rubber. Like when you go to the doc's office/hospital they never switch tips, the use the same for withdrawing and injecting...just as sterile, and personally I don't notice a difference in how easy it is to inject.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    For some reason I couldnt draw it the other day so I pulled the top off. I didn't have any problem.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    For some reason I couldnt draw it the other day so I pulled the top off. I didn't have any problem.
    did you inject air into the vial first to create a vaccume?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Yes, I was thinking the seal was compromised. This was the fourth draw out of the same one.

Thread Information