I pulled this out of the steroid profile but everytime I take a quote from there to contradict or reenforce something I find people telling me it is wrong or out of date.
QUOTE FROM STEROID PROFILES: As for the duration of application the opinions of athletes vary greatly. Some use Triacana for only 4 weeks, mostly because they are afraid of a thyroid dysfunction. Others take it over a period of months. When looking at the physiological character-istics of the substance tiratricol, it becomes easier to make more accurate indications as to a possible duration of intake and the potential health risks that go along with the use. When taken in a dosage of 0.6 mg/day the reduction in the body's own TSH release can be obtained; with increased dosages it can be com-pletely suppressed. The fear that the TSH release will be continu-ously disturbed or suppressed after using the medication is with-out reason since this is a reversible, temporary process. 'Already 2-3 weeks after the intake is discontinued the TSH release is com-pletely normalized" (from Vidal 1994, page 1498). With this back-ground knowledge and based on the experiences of several ath-letes we would choose an intake interval of 10- 12 weeks.