jimihendryx is offline Associate Member

Specifics of cycling too soon

Ok, I've probably read over a dozen threads on here now telling people not to do AS before they've been lifting a long time, reached genetic plateau, etc.

I'm still not exactly sure where the authors of these posts are coming from, though, so could someone let me know if I'm on the right track here? Here's a few things I think I've got so far:

If someone is too young, their test levels are high anyway, so they'd be screwing with a system that already has high levels of free test, and might damage their body's ability to naturally produce.

If someone hasn't established the discipline of proper diet, and a good weightlifting routine, the AS will be wasted because they won't be building enough muscle without those fundamentals.

Depending on the AS (I suppose) natural gains are more likely to stay long term, so you want to make sure you have a good foundation before using AS to add gains that may dissipate after done cycling.

That's about all I've absorbed so far. I may even have those wrong. Are there other specifics as to why it's best to wait a certain period?

andrewzz is offline New Member
    If the bones haven't reached their full length, the growing might stunt (stop)

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Ahh, yeah... left that one out. I had read that, actually.

Assuming your over 21, though...

... have I hit the points or are there others...

... or nuances of the above I've missed?

Thread Information