Trooper5 is offline New Member

Do you reuse DRAWING needles??

Ive been using the same 21 guage 2 inch drawing needle for like 3 years now. It never touches anything except the rubber tops which i always swab with alcohol before I draw. Do you think this is bad practice, I havent had a problem yet, in 3 years (knock on wood) just curious what you guys thought, and if anyone else here used specific needles for drawing. It saves a lot of time using that huge spear than actually drawing with a 25gX1 or 26gX 5/8 that i use for injecting.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    i never reuse any pin,syringe,or drawing pin jmo though. rather be safe than sorry

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    As long as you change your pin before injecting it shouldnt be a problem, however, I would change your pin after 3 years!

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    oh and 3 years??? thats a hell of a long time i hope your joking

Scrub is offline Member
    Needles are so cheap. I don't know why there is any reason to reuse them. Even if it's only for drawing from the vial.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy20
    oh and 3 years??? thats a hell of a long time i hope your joking
    Its also unsafe and increases risk of infection

mass junkie is offline banned
    Needles are so cheap and easy to come by......why would you reuse?

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Needles are cheap I always use a new one!

I was exaggerating a little bit with the 3 years, it has been awhile, but not THAT long. And obviously no one knows where i live, but where im from, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get pins, it is hard enough to get gear, but pins are even harder, trust me, my older sisters (TWO) BOTH work in hospital/doctors office, and its like Mission Impossible to get them. I have to go sooo out of my way to get pins its not even funny. I wont order them online either. Just too nervous to order anything drug related online. I guess ill just take my time and be patient drawing with the little guys.

juice4life is offline Associate Member
    What's wrong with ordering pins online??

There is nothing illegal about it!

English Power Lifter is offline Junior Member
    3 years, lol. But seriously don't you have needle exchanges where you live? We do here, all the free pins and barrels you want. Needle exchanges are for people like you who reuse a syringe, its to stop infections and other health risks from occuring. Only problem with the needle exchange points is you get alot of crack heads lurking about the place, who knows how many times they've used the same pin and even shared! Be safe and never use the same pin twice.

yenstrol is offline Junior Member
    online is fine

badmoto is offline Junior Member
    just get new pins bro, I had a buddy who had to get his chest cut open from an injection infection. Mayby was dirty gear but still sucked.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    no never reuse pins are way too cheap to risk infections

Def gave me a lot of food for thought ... Thanks guys, ill start using what I have to draw ... Im running 25gx1 and 26gx 5/8 ... Those are the sizes Ive always used for everything from test E, sust, deca , to EQ, fina, primo ... delt and thigh injections. I take my first poke sunday the 15th ... :-)

Live4thePump is offline Associate Member
    Man...that is crazy! That needle is probably dull as hell and it's tearing up the rubber stopper. Everytime you inject a needle into a vial it carrys in just a little bit of contaminants...especially if you inject air into the bottle to give it a little pressure. They are so damn cheap that I don't see the reason why anyone would even risk something like that. twice maybe three times.....but 3 years? I guess it must not be that bad if you've been using the same needle for 3 years...still...get you some new pinz. Good Luck.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    I draw/shoot with the same pin.

he's not talking about shooting with the pin....at least i hope not. He's just talking about constantly re-using the drawing pin. Who really shoot's with a 2 inch needle?

sauceman19 is offline Junior Member
    whats the big deal with using the same drawing pin? i mean 3 yrs is a while but to just have 1 drawing pin for a cycle is nothin bad at all

true...1 cycle probably won't kill ya...but that needle is gonna be kinda dull after a couple pokes on the rubber stopper. don't wanna tear that stopper up too much.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    5/8"? Come on... seriously... sounds like you are using someone's insulin or allergy pins. Order online, and get what you need, not just what is readily available.

If you want to keep it simple, buy a box (100) of 3cc syringes with 21ga 1-1/2" pins on them, for drawing, and a box (100) of 25ga 1-1/2" pins for shooting. 23ga if you run really thick oils or some water based gear such as winny. The extra length is nice for glute shots, and you just don't stick it all the way in for site injections. That enables you to get by just fine, using proper inj technique, buying only two products. You will probably spend about $26 for a box of rigs and a box of points, plus $5 shipping. That gives you 100 injections... enough for several cycles. DON'T re-use ANYTHING! That's just so wrong!

candog22 is offline Junior Member

why reu$e?

Pins are soo cheap, why would you reuse them?????

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I draw some alchol into the needle, put it back in protective guard a redraw wuth it next time, different syringe of corse

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    5/8"? Come on... seriously... sounds like you are using someone's insulin or allergy pins. Order online, and get what you need, not just what is readily available.

If you want to keep it simple, buy a box (100) of 3cc syringes with 21ga 1-1/2" pins on them, for drawing, and a box (100) of 25ga 1-1/2" pins for shooting. 23ga if you run really thick oils or some water based gear such as winny. The extra length is nice for glute shots, and you just don't stick it all the way in for site injections. That enables you to get by just fine, using proper inj technique, buying only two products. You will probably spend about $26 for a box of rigs and a box of points, plus $5 shipping. That gives you 100 injections... enough for several cycles. DON'T re-use ANYTHING! That's just so wrong!
    good idea, going to use it!!!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    wat is it like 7cents a needle.. 3 years... of your doing wat 3-5 injcts a week .. lets say.. rufly 245 shots a year if your on non stop
    so lets times that by 3 so we have ~735 needles
    and multiply that by 7 ... HOLY HELL dood you saved over 50$!
    but lets talk about excess alcohol used to sterilize the needle..
    so u use about what 1.2 cents worth each time or even 3 cents worth
    Multiply that by 735 because thats how many times you do it and it comes out to be about 20$ so

u saved your self 30$$$$$ gj !!!

all i have to say.... draw/shoot with the same needle.

its nonsense to think that you will get an infection that way. and using that 'this is a used needle" image is even more nonsense.

FireBush is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    all i have to say.... draw/shoot with the same needle.

its nonsense to think that you will get an infection that way. and using that 'this is a used needle" image is even more nonsense.

Draw and shoot with the same pin? Dont know how safe that is bro. I order syringe with drawing gague pin, and extra for injections. Makes things alot easier...always draw with the same gague but I use diff pins when I inject diff muscle groups.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBush
    Draw and shoot with the same pin? Dont know how safe that is bro. I order syringe with drawing gague pin, and extra for injections. Makes things alot easier...always draw with the same gague but I use diff pins when I inject diff muscle groups.
    I dont see where it can be unsafe. Some might say that the top of your vial is not sterile and that may cause infection. Im sorry, if your vial is THAT dirty, you shouldnt be drawing from it in the first place.

On a side note, I have a huge bottle of BA and I like to swab the top of my vial before use. My vials tend to have a bit of juice on the top after use so I figure its a good idea. Other than that, I cant see where any issues of sterility can occur.

Some are going to throw that pin picture around, but I just dont buy it. They feel fine to me. Also, do doctos ever switch pins? Ive never seen it happen.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    i always reuse drawing pins and switch with an injecting pin because its quicker and i dont like to waste my pins and its not bad if your only drawing with it now if you reuse injecting pins then you might have a problem becuases it will become dull and hurt your fragile bum when you stick it in but as long as you switch your injecting needle you should be fine!! everyone else is just crybabys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyschomab
    i always reuse drawing pins and switch with an injecting pin because its quicker and i dont like to waste my pins and its not bad if your only drawing with it now if you reuse injecting pins then you might have a problem becuases it will become dull and hurt your fragile bum when you stick it in but as long as you switch your injecting needle you should be fine!! everyone else is just crybabys!!!
    The only thing I see about reusing drawing pins is the chance of bacteria building up inside the pin itself from all of that exposure to an unsterile environment.

I think just recently a guy posted his pics of his bi's with abcesses due to using the same drawing pin throughout his cycle. I was actually using the same drawin pin over and over till I just sucked it up and found out that using the same pint to daw/shoot with didnt hurt.

I hope there is no debate on whether i reuse the same pin to inject, I ALWAYS have a new pin to inject i was just resusing a pin to draw from, every time i injected i used a brand new different pin and srynge. And for whoever (THE BARON) said why use a 26Gx 5/8 is an allergy pin or insulin needle??? i dont get that. Ive been using 26X 5/8 pins for 3 years now, for injecting everything from testprop/test enant/test cyp/eq/fina/primo/deca SO why not use that size? It works fine, it flows perfectly thru it, never had a jam yet or a problem. I dont see why i would use a 21 or 22 Guage by inch and a half when a 26G x 5/8 works fine. Anyway i have plenty of 26 Guages and i used it to draw out for my first shot and then switched the top and put a brand new pin on to inject and it all went fine, again, so i DEF stopped reusing my drawing pin.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox

Except that is not 4 uses through a RUBBER STOPPER.

And what brand needle is that?

Perhaps 4 uses through a dead leathered cow.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    It's just information. Take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Except that is not 4 uses through a RUBBER STOPPER.

And what brand needle is that?

Perhaps 4 uses through a dead leathered cow.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper5
    Ive been using the same 21 guage 2 inch drawing needle for like 3 years now. It never touches anything except the rubber tops which i always swab with alcohol before I draw. Do you think this is bad practice, I havent had a problem yet, in 3 years (knock on wood) just curious what you guys thought, and if anyone else here used specific needles for drawing. It saves a lot of time using that huge spear than actually drawing with a 25gX1 or 26gX 5/8 that i use for injecting.
    dogg, 3 years,..change your needle,..save 5 cents to get a infection isnt worth it

Thread Information