Thread: Diet Question

Spider is offline New Member

Diet Question

I know this is the seroid question forum but I asked this question in the diet forum and no one answered.

This morning I got up and went to my gym to do my morning cardio on an empty stomach (which is what posts on this site say is best for cutting) and when i was through I bumbped into the lead trainer. I told him how I have my diet under control and that I am doing my cardio now first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He then went on to say that there is no better wa to lose muscle then doing your cardio (or any exercise for that matter) on an empty stomach.

Could someone please inform me of the truth.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    The truth is he is WRONG. Hopefully it wasn't one of those Beyond Fitness idiots. As long as your cardio is low impact 65-75% MHR you are fine.

its just that he comes off as being really educated. Matter of fact, he told me he was very educated.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0smate
    The truth is he is WRONG. Hopefully it wasn't one of those Beyond Fitness idiots. As long as your cardio is low impact 65-75% MHR you are fine.
    i do my cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and my muscles are growing just fine

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    people in a perfession will always say they are educated. cardio is best done on an empty stomach. and if diet and trainning are in check then muscle loss will not be a problem.
    do a search for some of "swole Cats" threds. he really knows his s**t.

Thanks everyone

geesler is offline New Member
    The body will turn the protein in your muscles into glycogen if you do do cardio in a glycogen depleted state.

Low impact/light cardio (incline walking for 40 minutes, fast walking, etc) is believed to not so much target muscle protein but use fats more for this energy, but high intensity cardio will definately turn to muscles for glycogen needs though. Just my .02.

Thread Information