JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Need help dramatically

What's up brothas? I know this question is best suited in the workout forum but since this is the most active forum and my question is linked to juice anyway, I thought I'd give here a try since I'm not getting any feedback in the workout forum...

I was wondering, how often should your workout routine change when off juice? On juice? And what are the best workout routines for mass on juice? And lastly, what are the differences my workouts make if on juice? What should change and what shouldn't?

Thanks a lot brothers,
    -Matt

cb25 is offline Banned
    the only real change, IMO, is that you should be able to handle a bit more volume - a few more sets, etc. i don't think you should completely revamp your entire lifting philosophy...your strength should go up, so keep pushing yourself at a very high intensity, and maybe add in a few more sets in each workout...see how you handle it, and keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    the only real change, IMO, is that you should be able to handle a bit more volume - a few more sets, etc. i don't think you should completely revamp your entire lifting philosophy...your strength should go up, so keep pushing yourself at a very high intensity, and maybe add in a few more sets in each workout...see how you handle it, and keep going.
    Thanks bro,

anymore feedback out there? bumpppp

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    im a big believer in low reps.. high sets..
    like lee priest training workouts..
    20 sets total per bodypart.. aim for 5-8 clean reps per set..
    adds strength and mass crazy.
    imo dumbells is where its at. all dumbell exercises are key, and squatting is king..
    alot of dumbell presses, and make squats a major part of all leg days..
    hope that helps.. peese bro

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Training is more art than science. It never ceases to amaze me how some program that I KNOW could not POSSIBLY work, works for someone. So I will say that avoiding really wierd stuff, sticking with proven methods, and FOCUSING INTENSELY and APPLYING TOTAL EFFORT to your training will get you results.

One responder says that increased volume is a good idea on gear. Yes, it is a good idea. OTOH, Dorian Yates reported getting his best gains on only ONE SET of each exercise. Tevite Aholelei (sp?) likes multiple sets with reps in the 20's. Arnold trained every day at one time, doing upper/lower split with no days off. I have personally got good results with a push/pull/legs split training E3D for a 9 day exercise cycle. I have also done a 10 part split training every day. I have also done push/pull/legs, training ED with only an occasional day off. If it works for you, do it. If it doesn't, try something different. If NOTHING works for you, your diet is screwed, or your recovery sucks, or you simply are not putting enough effort into your efforts. Remember also that even when you are doing everything right, your gains can be so slow that you don't think you are making any improvements. Sometimes you just got to be patient.

NO NEED to change your program as long as it is still working!

Sometimes changing your program when you are stagnating helps by easing boredom and making your workouts exciting and challenging again. That goes back to focus and intensity and truly applying yourself. Some say muscle is built in the gym. Others say at the dining table. Some others say you build muscle in your bed. I say you build muscle with your brain. Attitude is the edge that separates the successful from the unsuccessful. Knowledge and intuition will help you to adjust your form for optimum results. Experience tells you what has worked for you in the past and what has not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Training is more art than science. It never ceases to amaze me how some program that I KNOW could not POSSIBLY work, works for someone. So I will say that avoiding really wierd stuff, sticking with proven methods, and FOCUSING INTENSELY and APPLYING TOTAL EFFORT to your training will get you results.

One responder says that increased volume is a good idea on gear. Yes, it is a good idea. OTOH, Dorian Yates reported getting his best gains on only ONE SET of each exercise. Tevite Aholelei (sp?) likes multiple sets with reps in the 20's. Arnold trained every day at one time, doing upper/lower split with no days off. I have personally got good results with a push/pull/legs split training E3D for a 9 day exercise cycle. I have also done a 10 part split training every day. I have also done push/pull/legs, training ED with only an occasional day off. If it works for you, do it. If it doesn't, try something different. If NOTHING works for you, your diet is screwed, or your recovery sucks, or you simply are not putting enough effort into your efforts. Remember also that even when you are doing everything right, your gains can be so slow that you don't think you are making any improvements. Sometimes you just got to be patient.

NO NEED to change your program as long as it is still working!

Sometimes changing your program when you are stagnating helps by easing boredom and making your workouts exciting and challenging again. That goes back to focus and intensity and truly applying yourself. Some say muscle is built in the gym. Others say at the dining table. Some others say you build muscle in your bed. I say you build muscle with your brain. Attitude is the edge that separates the successful from the unsuccessful. Knowledge and intuition will help you to adjust your form for optimum results. Experience tells you what has worked for you in the past and what has not.
    great words brotha. Thanks a lot fellas

Thread Information