Reptile is offline Associate Member

wow, i drew blood from glute while aspirating!

i heard it was very rare to enter blood vessal in glute,
    well i just drew some blood while aspirating, it was weird cause at first i got air bubbles and it looked cool, but i pulled back a little more and blood came it, so i withdrew the needle, and i can see drops of blood floating around in the syringe,
    im gonna go try again.

Jakspro is offline Member
    How far did you pull back altogether, just wonderin
    Also was it easier to pull back than normal?

AAJB is offline New Member
    I have had that happen three times in the past year. Been taking shots twice per week for a year. HRT. Last time I actually got a squirter. Got blood when I aspirated, so I pulled it out and blood squirted out of my glute!

cb25 is offline Banned
    it happens. this is exactly why we aspirate first, always. so good job.

move on, pick another area and do your inject there.

i pulled it back quite a bit, and i felt about the same amount of pressure pullin back on the plunger as usual, but then i saw some blood come in and i yanked it immediately,

i think im gonna go into my quad this time, cause now im havin trouble even reachin back and aspiratin it, i just tried twice and ended up withrawing it,
    havin too much difficulty aspiratin it, and i dont want to move the needle around to much,

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    That's odd that you saw blood. If you would have stopped aspirating when you saw the bubbles, you would have never saw the blood. I aspirate until I see a bubble or 2. Should I be pulling back more when I aspirate?

terbo16 is offline Junior Member
    yea how far should u pull on the plunger before injecting???

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    I usually pull back till I see bubbles as well just a nice tug....

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AAJB
    I have had that happen three times in the past year. Been taking shots twice per week for a year. HRT. Last time I actually got a squirter. Got blood when I aspirated, so I pulled it out and blood squirted out of my glute!
    thats happened to me too. sometimes its scar tissue and not necessarily a vein.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Im no expert, but its possible you
    were pretty close to a vein, and with the
    slight movement of aspirating, might have hit it.
    Just a thought while reading this..

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Use a 1 1/2" pin instead of a 1" into the glute... It will help ensure not to hit a vein.

P Rock is offline Member
    as long as u pull back and see air bubbles, your good to go, no need to keep pulling, if you nicked a vein , like i have in the past, the blood would come into the syringe the second you pull back. if you see air bubbles, start shooting because thats what you want.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Haven't used gear yet but the thought of fukin up and shootin a vein for my first cycle creeps me out -- ehh

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    ha ha! my last injection i had my gf shoot me up in my glute and she aspirated shes pulled kinda hard but there was this big red blob of blood that went striaght into the needle and then i was like oh no! and made her take it out then I had her do the other glute and when she aspirated i saw the reliefe of bubble and got a good injection and i used a 1 1/2 needle

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a friend who did his glute inj in the bathroom stall at the gym... he had yellow shorts on and hit a vein... i couldn't stop laughing when he came out with a big blood stain on the ass of his shorts.... needless to say everyone knew what was up...

Quote Originally Posted by SS1476
    Im no expert, but its possible you
    were pretty close to a vein, and with the
    slight movement of aspirating, might have hit it.
    Just a thought while reading this..

i thinks thats what happened as a matter of fact,
    its difficult for me too reach around and aspirate the needle with a steady hand, so it moves around some, i believe this may have been why i saw bubbles as first, then as i pulled back a little more, it must have moved and clipped a bv, and blood came in.
    it was weird lookin at the syringe tho with all the blood in it, because it stays in bubbles in the oil, it doesnt mix in with it. It basically looked like a bunch of red air bubbles,
    lava lamp sort of effect,
    anyway i just went ahead and injected into my quad althogh i dont fancy quad inj. cause it makes me limp the next day.
    be careful bros,

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    i thinks thats what happened as a matter of fact,
    its difficult for me too reach around and aspirate the needle with a steady hand, so it moves around some, i believe this may have been why i saw bubbles as first, then as i pulled back a little more, it must have moved and clipped a bv, and blood came in.
    it was weird lookin at the syringe tho with all the blood in it, because it stays in bubbles in the oil, it doesnt mix in with it. It basically looked like a bunch of red air bubbles,
    lava lamp sort of effect,
    anyway i just went ahead and injected into my quad althogh i dont fancy quad inj. cause it makes me limp the next day.
    be careful bros,
    Do you hit your quads sitting or standing? I started injecting while standing puuting slight pressure on the leg im injecting in and the difference in pain is like night or day. although i have been getting those damn red dots latley

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    That's odd that you saw blood. If you would have stopped aspirating when you saw the bubbles, you would have never saw the blood. I aspirate until I see a bubble or 2. Should I be pulling back more when I aspirate?
    Maybe this is a good reason for NOT using 25 guage needles... they have a hard time suckng blood and do show some air bubbles even though blood comes in the buttom... I did it... lets say when you feel there is scar tissue developing and also your muscle is still sore and swollen a little from last injection, this is very likely time to hit blood. I am glad I finally figured out how to do glute shows and its not too bad except totally have to figure out how to use one hand to hold needle, aspirate adequately, and push everything thru... quads are way easier but mine are too scared and need long break for a while.

Thread Information