juicegorilla is offline Junior Member

What happens to the oil after you inject?

I had a friend ask me what happens to the oil after one injects steroids in an oil base and I didn't know the answer. Does it stay there? Is it broken down? If it stays there, for how long does it stay? Please go into as much detail as possible if you don't mind.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    it dissapates... as in does not stay in a clump but spreads. Depending on the length of the ester, it breaks down over a period of time. Some oils don't come with an ester, some come with a short ester, some come with a long ester. An example of a long ester is deca /test e, example of a short ester is tren /test prop, example of no ester is winny. You shoot short esters more often than long esters due to their half-life (time when the steroid is halfway out of your system).

Basic info man. Look around, research. And it might not be spelled ester... but I think it's close.

Does it spread through the blood stream or some other way?

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Actually the oil isn't an ester at all - it's just a medium for holding esterized hormones. I would imagine that ultimately it is treated like any other lipid in the blood stream, but I've always wondered exactly how it was broken down.

bump. this question is more complicated than it looks, eh?

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    Actually the oil isn't an ester at all - it's just a medium for holding esterized hormones. I would imagine that ultimately it is treated like any other lipid in the blood stream, but I've always wondered exactly how it was broken down.
    well i was talking more about the anabolic chains in the oil, I have no idea what happens to the oil itself. Never really bothered to look into it, only know to heat the stuff and inject.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    The oils themselves are long chain fatty acids, a carboxylate group at one end, and the rest of it is a long hydrocarbon chain. I assume the oil eventually makes it way into the bloodstream and is then metabolized.

Thread Information