Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pburghstillerz is offline New Member

Post Var only, first ever cycle

Fellas,
    I've been doing alot of research on your forums. I noticed that some questions do not get answered exactly how the member asks, all that i ask from you is not to send me to the search button, but give me a good link or solid short answer. Thanks.

Overview,
    Weight: 143 Lbs
    Height: 66.5 Inches
    Serious years weight training: 5 +

I know how some people feel about var and they don't think that it should be used alone, however I made the disicion that I rather start with var only for my first cycle, then after this I will make my way from beginner to noive to intermediate and so on.

I have read that its recommended that I get 0.125 mg per pound. Weighing only 143 that would put me at approx 20 mg a day. I have researched and it says that a dosage of 20-80 mg is recommended for maximum results.

As far as PCT goes with var only , I seem to be getting diffrent views on if it is needed and so on.

So heres my questions:
    1. How long should the cycle last? 6,8,10 weeks? more?
    2. How many mg ED would I take weighing 143lbs?
    3. After question 1, would I take that dosage intitally or work my way up and how should I do it through the cycle. Will I have to start to decrease towards the end of my cycle to wind down off it?
    4. Is PCT needed? If so explain.

I know these are rookie questions to you and you may be annoyed by this post but I would like to have my questions answers tailored to my weight.

If you have advice please post, if another tips are recommemded feel free to leave them.

ThaNKS

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    what is your diet like? Do you get enough protein?

hardgainer1,

the diet is in check. daily protein intake around-285g + or - daily.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    I'm new here too, but have researched a lot about Var. I will attempt to answer your questions, but the answers I will provide will be what seems to be the general consensus from the experienced members who answered similar questions.
    1. How long should the cycle last?
    Most have said 8-10 weeks. Var is an oral steroid , so it can affect the liver, even though it is one of the least harsh, so most have recommended no longer than 10 weeks, though I've seen up to 12. Milk Thistle can help here. Anyway, seems 8-10 weeks is best.
    2. How many mg/day?
    This is the most difficult to answer. As you have found, the profile suggests 0.125 mg/lb ED. Most people here have suggested at least 40 mg ED all the way up to 60-80 mg ED. I've read from several people that once you reach those higher values the returns seem to diminish and might not be worth it, especially since Var is so expensive. So 40 mg ED seems to be good for your weight.
    3. Increase/Decrease dosage?
    Take the same dosage throughout the entire cycle seems to be what most everyone does or recommends.
    4. Is PCT needed?
    Always do proper PCT. It's not worth the risk to skip it. Those aas with lower chances of side effects and less harsh ones still have a chance of side effects. Some people's bodies react differently to different things and you might be prone to certain side effects. Most I have read suggest doing PCT, but it can possibly be reduced a bit. Most cycles need something like this for PCT:
    Day 1: 300 mg Clomid
    Day 2-14: 100 mg Clomid
    Day 15-21: 50 mg Clomid
    There are many other PCT's. I just used Clomid as an example. The PCT starts the day after your cycle for Var. It's half-life is 9-12 hours. I've seen several posts that say lesser amounts of PCT are needed for less harsh aas like Var. Something like this could be used instead:
    Day 1-21: 50 mg Clomid
    Or
    Day 1: 100 mg Clomid
    Day 2-21: 50 mg Clomid
    Or even run it for only two weeks, but basically it's not worth the risk of going without PCT, especially since it is not very expensive.

Again, these answers are what I have gathered from the experienced members who have posted answers to similar questions here. I have just formed general answers based on many of theirs. If anything I posted seems wrong or needs tweaking, please let us know (for all the experienced members). Hope this helps.

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    To me, Var only as a basis of a cycle seems like a waste, unless you can get a good price, because I know I can't afford it. For a medium dose you could be spending about $30 a day on something that doesnt really have much anabolic effect. But if you can afford it, go ahead and try the cycle and let us know of your results. At least the cycle should be pretty safe...

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    I think for a first cycle you would have better luck and success with Test E or Test C at 500mg per week for 12 weeks. Maybe use var towards the end of it or something, you cou ld get up to 160lbs easy solid mass, and if you PCT right you can keep most of it

Cmore,
    Thanks for the great reply. I have found that information also, and that being repeated to me helps me even more. Once again thank you!!

Sasquatch,
    It may seem a waste, but I have the money and the price is right! Like i said im going to start from the bottum up, I have tried to tell my source I wanna stack my first cycle and he said I mis well just work my way up. I will definetaly keep you posted on the results. Thank you.

hardgainer1 I think for a first cycle you would have better luck and success with Test E or Test C at 500mg per week for 12 weeks. Maybe use var towards the end of it or something, you cou ld get up to 160lbs easy solid mass, and if you PCT right you can keep most of it
    Hardgainer1,
    Thats what i was going to go was use a first cycle stack of test and var. I was going to start at 250 mg/week to 500 then back to 250mg/week with 35-40 mg of var towards the end. However this is great advice, maybe for my next cycle. Its really appreciated. I am now understand the importance of PCT for recovery and ability keep the gains. Thanks Again.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    Keep us updated on what you decide on and how it goes.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by pburghstillerz
    Hardgainer1,
    Thats what i was going to go was use a first cycle stack of test and var. I was going to start at 250 mg/week to 500 then back to 250mg/week with 35-40 mg of var towards the end. However this is great advice, maybe for my next cycle. Its really appreciated. I am now understand the importance of PCT for recovery and ability keep the gains. Thanks Again.
    yeah going up and down w/ dosages will put u in a world of hurt best to stay consistant w/ 500mg wkly

TheMindOfRoss is offline Banned

Good job!

Good decision! You will not be dissapointed! At your age, weight, and training experience, an 8 week cycle of ONLY ANAVAR will yield 15lbs of ROCK HARD, solid muscle. Don't listen to the DOGMATISTS of the board who INSIST on TEST ONLY cycles for 1st timers--this is disastrous. Slow and steady always wins the RACE! ALSO, as for your dosages, once again--TOO HIGH...here is your plan buddy:

Week 1: 25mgs
    Week 2: 30mgs
    Week 3: 35ngs
    Week 4: 40mgs
    Week 5: 40mgs
    Week 6: 35mgs
    Week 7: 30mgs
    Week 8: 25mgs

**Using this dosing scheme will yield greatest gains. It is important to TAPER OFF your dosage so that your body can become acclimated with its newly aquired mass. Furthermore, any MINOR disturbances Anavar would cause to your HPTA would be minimized further by the Tapering method. Run Tribulus extract(Tribex, Tribestan)starting 1 week prior to Clomid treatment and throughout, as this will substantially increase in effeciacy of Clomid treatment because there will already be a LH/FSH signal being modulated.
    GOOD LUCK!!

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Using taper methods are a bit outdated wouldn't ya say???

Quote Originally Posted by TheMindOfRoss
    Don't listen to the DOGMATISTS of the board who INSIST on TEST ONLY cycles for 1st timers--this is disastrous.
    Disasterous??? Come on.

The TAPERING Method HAS and always will be a very effective, especially when using anabolics like oxandrolone, or dianabol . and YES, when I see newbies posting "NO SEX DRIVE", or "TEST E. and GYNO!", I call that DISASTROUS. One case of gyno or impotence is ONE TOO MANY. Be safe.

YOU ONLY GET ONE BODY.....

"GIVE a man a fish, he will eat for a DAY. TEACH a man to fish, he will eat for a LIFETIME.."

The TAPERING Method HAS and always will be a very effective, especially when using anabolics like oxandrolone, or dianabol . and YES, when I see newbies posting "NO SEX DRIVE", or "TEST E. and GYNO!", I call that DISASTROUS. One case of gyno or impotence is ONE TOO MANY. Be safe.

YOU ONLY GET ONE BODY.....

"GIVE a man a fish, he will eat for a DAY. TEACH a man to fish, he will eat for a LIFETIME.."
    LMAO@ the give a man a fish bs, no sex drive is caused by lack of test. Also the reference of gyno if you actually skim all those threads deca seems to be a big concern, same with dbol ... Anavar does not cause a lowering of sex drive, or temporary impotence if not used with test? Come on, there are a few guys who have tried it on here so come clean and quit guessing.

no

Having NO SEX DRIVE while ON CYCLE is NORMAL--and because I don't use TEST as a BASE, I go through this ALL THE TIME. However, I ALWAYS HAVE MY SEX DRIVE POST CYCLE!!! If these KIDS, or GUYS, use TEST as their 1st cycle, there is a GOOD chance of GYNO and NO SEX DRIVE POST CYCLE. This is NOT the case in VAR, or Primo, or even EQ....

By the way, Anavar only is my favorite cycle, because it can be used in so many different anabolic schemes due to its fascinating nature.

If these KIDS, use TEST as their 1st cycle, there is a GOOD chance of GYNO and NO SEX DRIVE POST CYCLE.
    I see you are trying to school kids... also good chance of gyno is lack of education either by dose scheduling or on AI or SERMs. So you believe in short cycling, tapering doses up and down, do you even believe you should do a post cycle therapy ??? My guess is you do not believe that either.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    No Wonder You Call Yourself The Mind Of Ross..!! I Agree With You Tapering Methods Seem Safe They Were Used In The Past With Great Results,,and Now All The Newbies Are Like Those Are The Old School Days..and Outdated Methods..roids Have Bee Around For Years And It Might Work Best For Some Who Use A Steady Dosage Threw The Entire Cycle...and It Also Might Work For Others Using The Tapering Methods...there Is No One Right Way.... There Are Also Alot Of People In This Forum That Have Alot Of Disastrous Sides....i Read Em Everyday..

Thanks for the reply, mind of ross!
    I dont want to get this into a argument bored. Stress your point and back it up thats I ask.

u guys rock.

*looks at dirtyvegas* Oh my GOD another one...

Dont Even Start Fu*kin With Me I Didnt Say Anything About You At All Or Your Advice I Just Sadi Ther Is No One Right Way...

You modified my sentence to ommit the words "OR GUYS".

Post cycle THERAPY is the SINGLE MOST important part of your cycle. During this time, your body is in a vulnerable state to muscle loss, as catabolic hormones are high, and anabolic hormones are low. (AND, if one uses AROMATIZING steroids like TEST, ESTROGEN levels will be supraphysiologically high, so Arimidex must be used.) One MUST maintain a high calorie, high protein diet, while also undergoing Clomid treatment. A Tribulus Terretris extract (Tribex, Tribestan) should be used in conjunction with clomid, starting 1 week prior to final steroid dose. Using tribulus will substantially increase the effeciacy of clomid, as there will already be an existing LH/FSH signal being modulated.

Any other questions?

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've done Var with Prop as my second cycle 40mg/day for 12 weeks. I think that was too long for an oral, even Var, so sticking with 8-10 weeks is a good idea.

Personally I don't think it's a bad idea to do Var only as a first cycle, just keep in mind it will eventually start to lower your natural test level, like any AS. That's why it's a good idea to keep the cycle shorter. I'd say play it by ear and if you feel like you're not making any more gains cuz your test levels have fallen, end the cycle there and start your PCT.

Good luck.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    And can't we all just get along? What is this, Elite Fitness?

Any other questions?
    Yes who are the guys you said you consult with? I mean if they are pros and elite then we should know who you school.

3-1 Thats All I Got Too Say. I Think This Thread Is Over And Hommies Got All The Advice He Needs To Do The Right Thing.. Later Bros

needmassx3 is offline Junior Member
    i agree with ross 100%. i found out the hard way. def play it safe i think var would be a great decision

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    3-1 Thats All I Got Too Say. I Think This Thread Is Over And Hommies Got All The Advice He Needs To Do The Right Thing.. Later Bros
    Ok, good bye little man, Var only is for girls... You might get more answers in the female section.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Ok, good bye little man, Var only is for girls... You might get more answers in the female section.
    its the guys first cycle, easing in to it will allow his endocrin system to adjust without jamming it full of different stuff its not used too. your endocrin system is extremely sensitive dont listen to this meathead, stick with the var.

Quote Originally Posted by needmassx3
    its the guys first cycle, easing in to it will allow his endocrin system to adjust without jamming it full of different stuff its not used too. your endocrin system is extremely sensitive dont listen to this meathead, stick with the var.
    How many cycles have you done? What were they? What kind of success did you have? Do you even have any experience?

Mesomorphyl

Listen. You need to relax. What are you HERE to PROVE? Are you THAT OUT of SHAPE that you need to compensate by trying to DOMINATE these boards? You are obviosly MISEDUCATED, and MISINFORMED about the use and SAFETY of AAS! I declare all of your advice DANGEROUS and DETRIMENTAL to new members of the board. I repeat, do not give MEDICAL advice to these people. THIS IS NOT A GAME. THIS IS YOUR LIFE.

Listen. You need to relax. What are you HERE to PROVE? Are you THAT OUT of SHAPE that you need to compensate by trying to DOMINATE these boards? You are obviosly MISEDUCATED, and MISINFORMED about the use and SAFETY of AAS! I declare all of your advice DANGEROUS and DETRIMENTAL to new members of the board. I repeat, do not give MEDICAL advice to these people. THIS IS NOT A GAME. THIS IS YOUR LIFE.
    i second this.

the mind of ross is a complete and utter jackass, I have learned alot of things by research and experience. You still have not told us who these elite and pros you consult are. Answer up cock sucker of put the dick back into your mouth. I know you are just mad as I had already deamed your advice lacking in education or experience... If you know so much I have asked you to post it up... nothing. Exactly what you are.

i second this.
    STFU are you his bitch or something? You still have not explained any of your experiences, cycles, successes, gains... So until then get back down on your knees in front of the mind of ross.

the mind of ross is a complete and utter jackass, I have learned alot of things by research and experience. You still have not told us who these elite and pros you consult are. Answer up cock sucker of put the dick back into your mouth. I know you are just mad as I had already deamed your advice lacking in education or experience... If you know so much I have asked you to post it up... nothing. Exactly what you are.
    grow up.

LOLOLOL

grow up.
    That from a 150lbs 18 yo that still lives with his momma.

LOLOLOL
    You seem to be saying will kiss some ass to get me banned. Well, the only thing you SEEM to DO is EXPRESS your OPINIONS in this FASHION. Oooooo, fancy pants. Listen, you have no experience yet you believe you are qualified to give it. You are not. So you can get with saluu your brother and follow his policy... It is if you do not like it you can suck it policy

That from a 150lbs 18 yo that still lives with his momma.
    are you really 36? i didnt realize a 36 year old could be so ignorant.
    anyways ive said my piece
    Last edited by needmassx3; 05-17-2005 at 03:02 PM.

are you really 36?
    Cant you do math stupid? 35 will be 36 so show some respect before I bitch slap you. Well,

SLAP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information