Thread: Bench Shirts!!!

Safety31 is offline Banned

Bench Shirts!!!

do bench shirts really work as in increasing your bench press???

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I don't see where a shirt will help you.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    mentally....... yeah, sure, why not. In all reality..... wanna buy some iceberg's in Arizona?

yea so no they dont work then?

I doubt it. I'd say it's more of a mental thing than anything.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I have a shirt that give's me the ability to lift the back of a avalanche up!!

lol

You could lift the back of an Avalanche up without a shirt. Ever seen "mystery strength" type things on the news? Things like a 140 lb. chick lifts the back of a Tahoe off her 2 year old daughter type things. The mind is a powerful thing.... lol Ya never know what you could do in the right situation. As far as getting hammered one night an going car tipping, I doubt it though.. lol

I bet some of you could flip over a Kia Rio on your own though... lol

If by bench shirt your talking about a sleevles I think it might just be mental....or is there some new shirt I just don't know about yet?

X ARMOR SH*T?

come on u guys keep makin jokes but im serious....i keep seeing alot of ads for bench shirts and alot of people ive talked to say that they heard they work...anyone who really knows and just isnt assumming it doesnt work

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    some bench shirts are so tight that the wearer cannot lower his arms... there are single ply, and there are multi layer neoprene ones with elastic that will hold up 135lbs on its own... I have seen a few powerlifters need 3 guys to get them in and out of the shirt and are left with welts and bruises...

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    And how is this related to a steroid question. Cmon, you've got to be kidding, bench shirts. Sounds to good to be true. I could probably wear one with my squat pants.....

Quote Originally Posted by Safety31
    do bench shirts really work as in increasing your bench press???

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    And how is this related to a steroid question. Cmon, you've got to be kidding, bench shirts. Sounds to good to be true. I could probably wear one with my squat pants.....

ROLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

powerlifter007 is offline New Member
    Yes, they work! They are hard to use, though. It will take some getting used to.

i mean i bench 385-395 and im trying to get to 405..if i get one how will that affect my max..think ill be able to hit 405??

powerlifter007 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety31
    i mean i bench 385-395 and im trying to get to 405..if i get one how will that affect my max..think ill be able to hit 405??
    445 if the shirt fits right and you learn to use it.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    wtf are squat pants? are those for when you squat so much you don't have to worry about crapping your pants or what? ... maybe its only me with that problem

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    squat pants.......better hurry and get a patent on that one

You guys better not steal my idea......

Quote Originally Posted by Natural1
    squat pants.......better hurry and get a patent on that one

Are squat pants the ones with extra cloth in the crotch area so you don't "bust a nut" trying to lift more than you can ? Kinda like insurance you don't lose the "boys?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter007
    Yes, they work! They are hard to use, though. It will take some getting used to.
    Yes tell me about it, the first time i used it i almost put the bar on my neck.

it's got a built in sh it catcher and deodoriser.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    it's just for competitions, right? Cause once you take off the shirt your fvcked

Shirts are used for competing...They work wonders,but really take away from the whole idea of powerlifting for me. They can add 100+ with a seriously advanced user. I wouldn't use one for any other reason then competing. ........Btw...There are already squat suits......

yes bench shirts work...they are pretty much used for competing and like one rep maxs....they are just super tight....i mena u can help boost ur ego if u wanna wear it in the gym...but thats about all it will boost...

kfont12 is offline Associate Member
    yeah they work I've used them in comp. but they are not comforatble and I would not train with them

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    i can hit about 415-430 raw. (no equipment) Last week with a shirt i hit 485 easy then missed 515 because my shirt ripped. If you know how to use them they help a ton

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    they are already ahead of you, they make squat suit, and they can give you 100-200lbs on your best raw squat, and yes the shitrs work. i powerlift at 198lbs i am good for 405 raw, with a shirt,(double denim)i can hit 500 ,515 area. you have to train different to use the shirt, you focus on doing lock outs and more tri work because the shirt is doing all the work on the lower end of the press. if you compete i recomend it, but i wouldn't use it in the gym just for fun.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 05-18-2005 at 07:52 AM.

bowser is offline Associate Member
    unless you are training to be a power lifter all of these things seem pointless. the shirts and pants are what is increasing your numbers. once you take it off though, the numbers will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser
    unless you are training to be a power lifter all of these things seem pointless. the shirts and pants are what is increasing your numbers. once you take it off though, the numbers will be gone.
    well said!

kuad is offline Member
    is someone pulling my third leg?

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    http://www.karinsxtremepower.com/catalog.html

here's a link to karin's, they have both denim bench shirts and squat briefs, but be careful not all federations allow the use of denim shirts. The single and double poly shirts don't give as much as an advantage as the double ply denims do tho.

You need to do some training in the gym with your bench shirt on, same with a squat suit, you can't expect to do a few sets of lockouts and think you will 150lbs on your max. You would most likely get almost no benefit without training in the gym, you have to get used to the shirt, find your groove in the shirt etc.

If you don't get an adjustable shirt you should get a couple of them. One a little looser to wear while training and one that's really tight for competition. If you aren't going to compete I really don't think you should bother buying a shirt.

Jay J is offline Junior Member
    I am a powerlifter. Yes a bench shirt will help. The first time you use it expect about a 10% jump from your raw bench, with 4 to 6 months training you can get around 100 pounds out of a single ply poly shirt. The bench shirt serves dual porposes 1. It adds weight to your raw bench. 2. It also adds safety for the lifter. When you get 500+ on your bench it is easier to tear a pec or blow a shoulder out. The shirt keeps everything tight & compact thus lowering your chance for injury. Gene Rychlak just set the world record bench at 1005lbs he does in the 700s raw. Go over to www.fortiediron.com and go to the powerlifting section & ask those guys if bench shirts help. Shawn Lattimer is a member over there and has a 900+ bench.

besides that closest reply with the link anyone know of any good bench shirts that are cheap???if anyone could provide a link that woule be helpful

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Those shirts will boost your bench by about 20%!!! I´m a former swedish champion and I quit couse those shirts, it really sucks that they are alowed

juice4life is offline Associate Member
    That is pretty gay that they are allowing stuff like that in competitions...Oh well everybodies on steroids anyways

In a few years they will probably have something that makes guys able to bench 2000lbs!

it does suck but what do you do? the technology ruined powerliting, forced us all to use the equipment. but to let you know , some organizations offer raw divisions, so you don't have to use the equipment.

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Bench shirts definitely helps a lot.

It`s the same thing as with squat suits.

My shirt gives me about 30 pounds in the bottom of the lift. I can then build up some speed in the bottom and put most of my effort on my triceps seeing how this is the muscle I need to lock out the weight.
    Most people get about 40-70 pounds on their shirts after a while of training with it. A lot has to do with the fact that a really tight shirt means you don`t have to train a lot of chest, but can focus like hell on the triceps.

I`ve only tried one shirt, the Titan Fury, but I really like it. It doesn`t mess up my lifting style, it`s not too uncomfortable and it supports like a mother****er in the bottom of the lift. I know a lot of people really like the Fury. The price isn`t too bad either.
    Here`s a link for those interested: http://www.titansupport.com/

phalanx is offline Associate Member
    wow
    good post hahaha

Thread Information