Thread: juicing age

james7 is offline New Member

juicing age

Im 19 and Ive been told that is too young because I still have natural development left. Is it not possible to go through natural development while also experiencing the massive gains of steroids ? or will steroid use at my age ultimately hold me back from reaching my natural potential? Anyone have some opinions on this, if 19 is too young where do you draw the line then? Thanks

kfont12 is offline Associate Member
    23-24 is a descent age to start IMO. some say alittle later though.

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    imo i'd say no its not too early, 19 is good..
    my overall rule was 18+..
    i know others wont agree with me - but thats my opinion, when ur 19 your pretty much filled out..
    get other peoples opinion, before u base a decision.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    What is the purpose of the cycle?

What are your current stats?

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    the male body does not stop growing till around 21.
    you dont wanna close the growth plates early

stats

Ive never juiced before but I am thinking of taking anavar or dynabolon... My stats are pretty weak

6'1'' 182 lbs, 12-14% bodyfat

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I did my first cycle at 17, and I have grown quite a bit since then. I also agree that 19 is fine.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james7
    Ive never juiced before but I am thinking of taking anavar or dynabolon... My stats are pretty weak

6'1'' 182 lbs, 12-14% bodyfat
    IMO you don't even need steroids yet then.. You could do very well from a good training program and an improved diet.. BTW, as someone else stated.. your growth plates are not closed till you are about 21 or so..

I know that idealy and real world are two different things.. If you had told me you were about to compete in an NPC BB event I would have said go for a smaller cycle.. (although I think you are too young).. but given the fact that you are so far below your genetic potential.. I would advise you stay away for another couple of years...

Good luck..

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boywonder10101
    I did my first cycle at 17, and I have grown quite a bit since then. I also agree that 19 is fine.
    consider your self a luck one. I am not saying that it will happen to everyone,
    but there is a chance

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    yeah 17 is pretty young to start - could cause trouble.. you are lucky!! haha
    personally, ive been the same height since i was 14.. in grade 8.. and pretty thick - im 5'10.5''... now im 19.. and still the same height..
    thats why imo 18+, is the rule i and others i know go by..

any other opinions?

Im in college basebll offseason right now and that is why i was thinking of starting my first cycle. Sounds like I should wait until the offseason of my junior to senior year. Im looking to play professionally so that is why I have such a great desire to get stronger, but it sounds like I have quite a bit of time to make some natural gains, thanks for the posts guys, keep em rolling if you have anything else to say on the matter

Reptile is offline Associate Member
    bro, im 19, and im running gear right now, because i know i wasnt getting any bigger naturally.

if youve been lifting for a long time on a very regular basis, and you cant gain anymore which could very well be the case, than you may be ready for as.

i lifted for 5 years solid before i started my cycle, i was plateaud beyond any return, i hadnt seen significant results in a very long time, no matter what i tried. This is because od how young i started lifting at, and how long ive been lifting, i was bigger than most 23 year olds when i was 16, and i was as big as my body would naturally get by the time i was 18. If youve been lifting for a long time than you are as big as your gonna get, regardless of age. Like i said, when i was 16 i was bigger than most 23-24 year olds, because i started young, hence, i reached my maximum potential young.
    if you are at this point, and you know your not getting any bigger naturally, (u kno what im talkin about if uve been doing this for long enough, you know your body well enough at this point) than you are ready for as.

as far as height goes, its not actually the gear that stumps your growth as you would imagine, it is actually the conversion to estrogen that is responsible for growth halting. Estrogen fuses over the growth plates, this is irreversable, and once this occurs your done growing. This is the reason that girls stop growing so much sooner than man, which is why they are so short, because of the high estrogen levels.
    if you want a good gauge at how much potential growth you have left, take a look at your father, older brothers, grandfathers, ect..
    this is a pretty dam good indicator, especially your older brothers if you have them. Now this certainly doesnt mean that you dont have the growth potential to pass them, but at age 19, believe you me your growth spurts have long since come and gone. You may have a little bit left in the tank, but its unlikely that youll be depriving yourslef of any noticable height by juicing now.
    but of course, waiting is the health conscious thing to do, and the gear will always be there, your growth plates are gone once they fuse over, so if you think that you still have some growth left, than wait. but if u just couldnt wait like me and you need to start now, dont depress yourself by thinking that you could have been yao ming if u didnt juice.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I started when I was 18, 3.5 years and 7 or so cycles later I kinda wish I had started later on. I kept getting taller through my cycles for some reason, I probably could have grown alot taller naturally. You should go for it, especially since you are going into college baseball. If I had a sport going for me in college then I wouldn't have second guessed my choice. Go ahead and take the plunge.

TheMindOfRoss is offline Banned

As I told another guy:

When all of my friends were in high school doing juice at 16-17 years old, I was locked up. Yes, I was in several juvenile facilities. HOWEVER, it forced me to do ONE THING--STAY NATURAL. I worked out with a determination that even 1000mgs of TEST SUSPENSION couldn't give you.

When I got out, all of my friends were MONSTERS--they had BAAAD ACNE, some of them had gyno, but they were HUGE for 17 year olds. They were completely ASYMETRIC as well, only working some muscle groups while neglecting others. They looked strange--BUT I WANTED 20 inch arms TOO!

Well, I did NOT succumb to the PRESSURE! I continued training naturally for 4 more years, and I passed them quickly by the 2nd year. While they were deflating, having ERECTION PROBLEMS, my natural test levels were SOARING SKY HIGH at 19-20 years old, and I was making TREMENDOUS gains. I actually gained 20lbs the year I turned 20. i was symmetrical, balanced, and HEALTHY. I looked great.

SLOW AND STEADY ALWAYS WINS! DO not use steroids if no do not HAVE TO. DO NOT BE SELFISH and succumb to your INSTANT GRATIFICATION! You WILL REGRET IT!

So here is what you do:

1.) 1-2 grams of PROTEIN per LB of bodyweight!! This is DURING BULKING OR CUTTING! ALWAYS!

2.) EAT every 2 Hours-- Whether you are BULKING or CUTTING, eating every two hours is imperative to maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and maintain stable blood sugar levels. If you are BULKING, don't hold back, eat ALOT every 2-3 hours. If you are CUTTING, eat smaller portions every 2 hours. Drink lots of water at ALL TIMES.

3.) WEIGHT TRAIN!- (And for your at this stage--Moderate cardio) Weight training increases Metabolic rate for DAYS after exercise. As someone mentioned, if your DIET is in check and you are training with weights you will NOT BE FAT! I can not TEACH you how to work out in one post--but you OBVIOUSLY need to start hittin the SEARCH button. At your stage MODERATE cardio would be ok, though you are not excessively fat-you just need to start training.

4.) NO SHIT FOOD- No soda, Milk, SUGAR, candy, EMPTY CARBS (beer, chips)....

5.) And this is the MOST important....HAVE AN UTTER BELIEF IN YOURSELF!

Good luck..."

I Would never do roids at 18...

Reptile is offline Associate Member
    well 16-17 is definately too young to juice, but i think that 20 is acceptable, under certain situations with all variables considered however.

and i agree that it should not be used unless necesary, but if hes in the situation i was in than it may be necesary. If youve dont all the diets and done all the shocking routines and read arnolds book and so on and so forth, and your body still wont resond, than if bodybuilding is important enough to you and if the pros weight out the cons, than its time to roll.
    after a certain point the body will not grow anymore, muscles are very stubborn and do not want to grow more than they have too, and i think everyone gets to a point where growth is halted, it took about 5 years of solid lifting for me to reach that point.
    and sure, if yoy really slave away at every possible dieting detail and eat so healthy and regulalry than you may be able to add a litte more size to your frame once youve reached the ultimate platuea, but if you so much as oversleep one day and dont get that food in you, or drink beers one night or take a day off from the precise regimen, than that tiny gain youve accomplished is gone. At some point, if you want to get bigger, jucing, imho, is the only way. after so long you find yourself busting balls just to get a good pump and maintain size youve had for years. this lack-of-reinforcement will kill motivation and lead to slacking, and eventually loss.

dragon69 is offline Member
    wait till about 27. Males 'fill out' in their width at around 25-26, so wait till then. Train you darn butt to death till then. Once you have gained all that, gear will really be able to swell you WAY more than now. Wait.....
    Check other training methods people are using (the BIG, BIG people), train like 'em, you'll see what I mean, it'll come

Thread Information