Thread: Scammed?

BarBell'd is offline New Member

Scammed?

I have to admit I'm a embarrassed by this posting...but, I need to do it. Last week I got an e-mail out of the blue from an alledged source. I have since learned on this board that there are those that lurk arounf on here looking for neewbies and then e-mail them a pricelist. Well....the prices were good but not suspiciously low. After e-mails back and forth for a few days...I decided what the heck and placed an order. He only accepted WU so I sent it.....206.00 including 25 for WU. At first he says he went to get the money and the computeres were down so there would be a delay in sending. Two days later he says his shipper was busted trying to get the packages out....and everyone should be careful cause the cops have our addresses. He says he will be up and running in a week and will send the goods or refunds. I told him the law wanted to come after me for little bit I ordered they could have at it. Finally, I told him he was a scam artist and I got what I deserved..at which he still claims he will send one or the other. I told him I'd believe when I see it. Comments? Input? Anything?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    have you pm a mod about this ??

kfont12 is offline Associate Member
    email a mood his name and find out if he is a scammer

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarBell'd
    I have to admit I'm a embarrassed by this posting...but, I need to do it. Last week I got an e-mail out of the blue from an alledged source. I have since learned on this board that there are those that lurk arounf on here looking for neewbies and then e-mail them a pricelist. Well....the prices were good but not suspiciously low. After e-mails back and forth for a few days...I decided what the heck and placed an order. He only accepted WU so I sent it.....206.00 including 25 for WU. At first he says he went to get the money and the computeres were down so there would be a delay in sending. Two days later he says his shipper was busted trying to get the packages out....and everyone should be careful cause the cops have our addresses. He says he will be up and running in a week and will send the goods or refunds. I told him the law wanted to come after me for little bit I ordered they could have at it. Finally, I told him he was a scam artist and I got what I deserved..at which he still claims he will send one or the other. I told him I'd believe when I see it. Comments? Input? Anything?
    Was he an underground lab???Or a person on the board??

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    have you pm a mod about this ??
    Thats probably the best way to handle it..

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yes pm a mod,you may have learnt the hard way but yiu wont do it again will you!

I did PM a mod and he said he never heard of him. I checked the list of scammers and he wasnt on it. Although we all know he can change that up anytime. I been receiving from overseas and figured....what the heck...domestic would be safer as far as getting here. Im sure the story about authorities having my address is to scare me off. Should I post his info and try to help others not get taken...should I wait and see if he does come through (doubtful)? And...you are right...I wont be doing that sh*t again. I'll take my chances with out of country.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    everyone makes mistakes mate just make sure you learn from them.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    You have definitely learned the hard way bro. The first time I ordered out of the country I thought I got scammed, about 2 and a half weeks later, I had my gear. Just don't freak out yet. I wouldn't have been as worried if it had just been for 206, but my first I placed was for well over $600.00. It is all about finding a source you can trust.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    he probably isn't a source but just wanted a quick 200 bucks off of a newb. Im pretty sure everyone one time or another has thought about how easy it would be to pull it off a couple hundred by scamming a newbie. Scammers that get greedy end up dead in a ditch, but think about pulling off one easy heist and moving on... too easy.

Not saying I have done it or plan on doing it, hell no... but it probably was just a guy that saw someone interested, and obviously you didn't do your proper research (like ask around if he was a reputable source) so you were also gullible into his lies. I got scammed off of $800 for some speakers online, that sucked... i learned from that.

MaNofSteeL is offline Associate Member
    I guess he could be telling the truth...or not.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    I dont know why U didnt PM a mod before even
    posting this...I mean..this could be a scam in itself
    for one reason or another....

Matters like this should be handled privately..IMHO
    If appropriate, the scammers are exposed, thats how
    I've seen it....

My 2 cc's worth

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Privately first. THEN go public. Things DO sometimes go wrong, and a source sometimes gets caught with his pants down and finds it for one or another reason, impossible to complete shipment to the buyer.

BTW, my policy now is that when I get an unsolicited price list from a supplier I have never heard of, I immediately place an order, and I insist on paying after delivery. I figure if they want my business enough and they trust me enough to send me the list, they can let me, who has never heard of them, after all, pay after receiving the goods. Funny thing... I usually never hear from them again.

Unless you are VERY well known, at least 99% of all unsolicited offers of gear are from scammers. If you ARE well known, maybe 95% LOL! The moral is, don't EVER order from someone you don't know without doing a thorough check on them first. If nobody has ever heard of your "source", then they probably don't have any gear to sell.

I appreciate the input. SS, Im not scamming in any way what so ever. Im not asking for sources nor will I ever do so. I did ask a mod about this guy...AFTER I ordered which I owe to my stupidity. I just related this story so other bros could see it and beware. Notice I have not mentioned any names until I am quite sure he ripped me. I'm just a regular guy getting serious about BB at the ripe age of 44 and I learned a valuable lesson.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    I Hate Scammers Hope He Gets His Nuts Caught In A Vice/meat Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Unless you are VERY well known, at least 99% of all unsolicited offers of gear are from scammers. If you ARE well known, maybe 95% LOL! The moral is, don't EVER order from someone you don't know without doing a thorough check on them first. If nobody has ever heard of your "source", then they probably don't have any gear to sell.
    I don't know if I'm very well known, but I get 5 or so source e-mails a week, giving me a pricelist, and stuff...I assume they are all scammers...

....not every new guy is a scammer, though...I had the privledge of starting off and helping 2-3 UG Labs get off the ground, and a couple more sources...i.e. I ordered from them, did some lab tests on their gear, and then told people about my experiences with them...one is still private, and the other is probably the guy most of the current batch of UG's get their powders from in one way or another (Couture Labs, etc...all get their powder from him).

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    scammers should be shoot.
    shot

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    shot
    Shooted.

Thread Information