Thread: blood in stool

Drkodiak1 is offline Associate Member

blood in stool

My friend bought some omnas and said he recetly had some blood in his stool according to him about a half pint of blood not to sure what that could mean, can anyone help? Helpful advice appreciated

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    um tell him to stop eating out of the trash...
    actually if he has that much blood in his stool he needs to see a doc cause he could have a hemmorage in his intestine or a possible tear,cyst rupture etc.

nolaboy43 is offline Junior Member
    go to the ER..now

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Could be roids.(not the kind you like) Yeah, he should see a dr right away.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    if i had that much blood in my stool i wld b seeing a doctor right away... better safe than sorry

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkodiak1
    My friend bought some omnas and said he recetly had some blood in his stool according to him about a half pint of blood not to sure what that could mean, can anyone help? Helpful advice appreciated
    Half a pint???!!! doctors pretty pronto!!

Drkodiak1 is offline Associate Member
    thats pretty much what i told him but i wanted to make sure that it absolutley wasnt related to the juice at all.

SoSwole is offline Junior Member
    This happened to me as well. But not that much. Also it was because I was taking T3. Is he taking T3?

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I have a little bit of blood in there sometimes but never really thought anything of it. should i?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i wld think a little bit cld b caused by hemroids. but a 1/2 pint, that cld b serious.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Go see a doctor immediatly.

You could also PM the medical advisor on AR, "HeartDocMD", he helped me with a problem I had with my eye.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    could be some internal bleeding, nothing to kid round bout. see the doc.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah thats BAD- doc goto now immediatly your friend YEP

Sometimes if you shit too much you can rip your asshole and have blood. You than have to take a stool softener. But your friends condition you should see a doctor.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    if he is havin THAT much blood in it, then he may wanna get a colonoscipy (sp?) just to make sure he doesnt have somethin like crohn's or ulcerative colitis. i have ulcerative colitis and thats was the first thing that happened to me, blood in stool.

Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    if he is havin THAT much blood in it, then he may wanna get a colonoscipy (sp?) just to make sure he doesnt have somethin like crohn's or ulcerative colitis. i have ulcerative colitis and thats was the first thing that happened to me, blood in stool.
    What is that from?

it is not somethin that u really get FROM anything, it's a condition that u are born with can b pasted from family or just a fluke thing. i had mie my whole life and never knew it until i was 21, 8 months ago. mine was onset by the use of Vioxx and Celebrex, pain killers, for a torn tricep. diff substances can onset the flare up for diff people, i went from 215 to 175 in like a month and a half just simply from blood loss in stools and loss of apeitite

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I have bloody stool now from a different type of roids, starts with "hemer"

znak is offline Senior Member
    A half pint of blood and he is asking what to do? How do these people feed themselves?

If I had a quarter of a pint of blood dripping out my ass, I think I would see a doctor.

Keep this guy away from sharp objects.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Maybe he exagerating in any case if it more than a few drops (piles etc) it's time for the Doc.

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    I hate to say this but i must, i have heard this response over and over on this board and it troubles me, I have this problem, i have that problem, which i might add are serious, but people are afraid to go to the Dr's because they are juicing, listen, grow up, is your life or health really worth lying to your Dr that you took some juice? I am not saying tell him you did, when they do the blood work they will figure that one out on their own, it could be a host of things, but since you are doing something that your not quite sure about to begin with your brain tells you, its the juice.
    I personally would not even think of putting anything in my body unless it was (A) Scripted by a Dr. or (B) Tested by a lab. Sure if u need it tested by a lab it will add another deuce on to your cycle, but isn't piece of mind worth it? JM2C worth.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I have Crohn's, really bad, too, and I have never passed that much blood at once... usually only a few tablespoons at the most, during a bad attack. A half pint is pretty serious. He may as well stop eating solid food right now, go on clear liquids like apple juice or white grape juice and maybe some pedialite or similar, and of course get his ass to the doc pronto. They will probably want to do a colonoscopy so may as well start the prep now. After two days on clear liquids, you usually purge with a full bottle of phospho-soda, and next morning flush out with several serious enemas. They have to have a clean colon to see WTF is going on up there. They give you a shot of morphine and demerol to give you a nice floating numbness but keep you conscious. Then they stick that thing several feet up your ass, and if you are lucky, you get to watch the monitor and see what the doc sees. Kinda neat, but it hurts. Even with the dope, I was still in a lot of pain. Not blunt trauma from the probe, but from the air they pump in there to expand the walls for easier passage of the probe.

bfit01 is offline New Member
    The key issue is the color of the blood. I'm assuming that since he said a half pint that it was red. Typically, this is caused by a fissure (a tear in the rectal tissue) or possibly a a ruptured hemorrhoid (sp). While it is disconcerting, it is usually not a big deal.

Your friend needs to increase his fluid and fiber intake. Cut down on heavy squatting movements for a couple weeks, and if it continues to happen see a doctor.

Black "tarry" stool on the other hand, is a concern and indicates some type of internal bleed.

p.s. I am not a doctor, I just play one at work.

Bfit01
    HM1/USN
    "DevilDoc"

Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    it is not somethin that u really get FROM anything, it's a condition that u are born with can b pasted from family or just a fluke thing. i had mie my whole life and never knew it until i was 21, 8 months ago. mine was onset by the use of Vioxx and Celebrex, pain killers, for a torn tricep. diff substances can onset the flare up for diff people, i went from 215 to 175 in like a month and a half just simply from blood loss in stools and loss of apeitite
    Thanks for the info bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    I have Crohn's, really bad, too, and I have never passed that much blood at once... usually only a few tablespoons at the most, during a bad attack. A half pint is pretty serious. He may as well stop eating solid food right now, go on clear liquids like apple juice or white grape juice and maybe some pedialite or similar, and of course get his ass to the doc pronto. They will probably want to do a colonoscopy so may as well start the prep now. After two days on clear liquids, you usually purge with a full bottle of phospho-soda, and next morning flush out with several serious enemas. They have to have a clean colon to see WTF is going on up there. They give you a shot of morphine and demerol to give you a nice floating numbness but keep you conscious. Then they stick that thing several feet up your ass, and if you are lucky, you get to watch the monitor and see what the doc sees. Kinda neat, but it hurts. Even with the dope, I was still in a lot of pain. Not blunt trauma from the probe, but from the air they pump in there to expand the walls for easier passage of the probe.
    oh yea i almost forgot how much fun that is . oh yea the phospho-soda, if u have to have it done, make sure u mix it with a drink that u dont like too much cause after u drink it with the phospho-soda then u wont ever like the taste of the drink agian (mighta just been me though)

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSwole
    This happened to me as well. But not that much. Also it was because I was taking T3. Is he taking T3?
    Is this true...

dtr98 is offline Member
    a buddy of mine had blood in stole and it turned out to be colon cancer. get to the doc bro

Teegunn is offline Banned
    I had blood in my stool last fall. Scared the HELL out of me, too. Ended up I have some mild ulcerative colitus, which is in complete control with a drug called Asacol. I also had the colonoscopy done, but requested to be put completely under. However, I woke up at the very end and vaguely remember them sliding that damm thing outta my ass. Nasty. At least the nurse was hot. Damm hot. Anyway - with that much blood you need to see a doctor. Pronto.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    This might be a little more detail than I needed during lunch.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    let me start off by saying that this is by far the most disgusting post i ever read. im sure your friend over exagerated when he said half a pint. thats alot of blood to loose in your stools and its very unlikly unless he has a serious problem. but if he had enough to even say a half a pint then its common sense that he needs to go to the er immediatly. they will stick 2 fingers all the way up inside him and when they pull it out and examine it they will be able to tell if and how much blood is in there. sorry i had to leave out a few words but its 3:45am and i really dont even like to think about this while im laying in bed

Thread Information