thebrakes is offline Associate Member

albuterol revisited....feedback?

i've read every thread i saw on the topic, but i didnt find one person who has used albuterol tabs in a manner conducive to fat loss and muscle gain. there's an extended-release version (that's really cheap) described at this link:

http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Volmax_Exte...e_Tablets.html

which all but eliminates the concern over dosing frequency. couple this with the lipid-improving properties of albuterol/salbutamol and the "potential" for less risk to the heart that clen (which i am a big fan of otherwise), and my interest is piqued.

anyone have feedback?

bump for feedback....surely someone has?

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    i'll bump for you

Syr
    Syr is offline New Member
    I'm very positive about Albuterol. I'm going to try it with a transdermal bi-daily application in DMSO.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I also would like to hear about other B agonists than Clen ... R they ne good in comparison?

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    albuterol doesn't do shit for fat loss

BigBoy10019 is offline Junior Member
    That's true Red Monster, I've been taking Albuterol sinse last year, I have not noticed a reduction of my bodyfat (neither tabs or spray), but I did when I used Clenbuterol . I have never heard of someone using Albuterol to loose fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    I'm very positive about Albuterol. I'm going to try it with a transdermal bi-daily application in DMSO.
    um...its oral half-life is like 12 hours.

some guys like albuterol just as much as clen . some even like it better. the simple fact that it's a beta-2 agonist with a potential for fatloss and can actually IMPROVE health (rather than hurt it like clen) makes me at least curious to try it. plus its dirt cheap.

7COCU7 is offline New Member
    Speeding up your heart rate and increasing contractility isn't going to make you lose weight as drastically as a drug that uncouples the ETC in mitochondria. Plus you are going to be shaky as shit...which is going to interfere with your workouts. It's basically going to be like drinking a lot of coffee. Think about it, how many people do you see with asthma that are really cut...

Quote Originally Posted by 7COCU7
    Think about it, how many people do you see with asthma that are really cut...
    that's a pretty silly argument...like saying "how many people with diabetes are jacked as fcuk from insulin ?"

do you have resources for the uncoupling ability of clen ? i have only read that it functions by beta-2 agonism.

Diabetics take insulin to replace a compound that is either missing in the body or because their cells have become unresponsive. Either way, there is no excess of an exogenous compound, only replacement of a lacking endogenous one.

Asthmatics on the other hand are adding an exogenous compound to their bodies to counteract a maladaptive sympathetic response. So really, asthmatics bodies don't NEED beta stimulation any more than yours does, and the results should be the same, assuming similar does.

Diabetics take insulin to replace a compound that is either missing in the body or because their cells have become unresponsive. Either way, there is no excess of an exogenous compound, only replacement of a lacking endogenous one.

Asthmatics on the other hand are adding an exogenous compound to their bodies to counteract a maladaptive sympathetic response. So really, asthmatics bodies don't NEED beta stimulation any more than yours does, and the results should be the same, assuming similar does.
    do you feel smart having regurgitated some crap and using lots of multisyllabic words, while at no point addressing the invalid nature of your argument?

o.....k.......but "how many asthmatics are cut?" as an argument against albuterol use for fat loss is completely inane. in their case, the same health problem that requires its use prevents them from engaging in activities that are critical to weight control.

besides - albuterol in pill form and albuterol inhalers:
    a) are very different in terms of dosing (90mcg avg inhaler dose versus 4-8mg pills)
    b) have completely different half-lives, especially the extended release pills.

still waiting on clen 's supposed uncoupling ability.

and i'd love to hear from albuterol users. found a few on other sites who report very good things.
    Last edited by thebrakes; 06-13-2005 at 02:39 PM.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    long time ago, i dont think they made Clen here in the US, so all i could get my "doc" to call in for me was Albuterol...i have no scientific data to support my claim, just a relay of how it affected me personally, which was: IT DIDNT DO SHIT! ive heard this explained all smarty-pants-like somewhere before, sorry i cant recall where...bump for some other input

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    For me personally i dont have to go above 40mcg of clen to see results i dont see heart failure coming from that

No need to get nasty.

Just trying to point out that if albuterol had any cutting properties, asthmatics would see it the same as bodybuilders, and that you can't compare insulin use and albuterol use because one is replacement therapy.

I use albuterol (from a puffer) on and off all winter for asthma and have never seen any difference. Again it may be the mega dose that gives you the effect, but I'm just trying to give you a friendly warning that it will likely make you so shaky that it will be hard to lift...Why get all mad and defensive?

As for the uncoupling, that was the explaination given to me by the doctor I work for. It's main properties (for which it is prescibed) are as a beta-agonist and anti-bronchospasmotic. The uncoupling is a side effect and accounts for the marked increase in body temperature. Just passing along what I was told by what I consider a repuable source (endocrinologist).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    long time ago, i dont think they made Clen here in the US, so all i could get my "doc" to call in for me was Albuterol...i have no scientific data to support my claim, just a relay of how it affected me personally, which was: IT DIDNT DO SHIT! ive heard this explained all smarty-pants-like somewhere before, sorry i cant recall where...bump for some other input
    did you take one very 4 hours?

to be honest, i can't remember exactly how i took em, arent they dosed differently? like 1mg tabs or somethin'? pretty sure i took 'em spaced out through the day, cuz that's how i run clen ...

7cocu7...dood, i hope you didnt think i was being nasty, just giving my exp. with the stuff, which wasnt very positive...peace
    Last edited by Alpha-Male; 06-13-2005 at 03:41 PM.

No need to get nasty.

Just trying to point out that if albuterol had any cutting properties, asthmatics would see it the same as bodybuilders, and that you can't compare insulin use and albuterol use because one is replacement therapy.

I use albuterol (from a puffer) on and off all winter for asthma and have never seen any difference. Again it may be the mega dose that gives you the effect, but I'm just trying to give you a friendly warning that it will likely make you so shaky that it will be hard to lift...Why get all mad and defensive?

As for the uncoupling, that was the explaination given to me by the doctor I work for. It's main properties (for which it is prescibed) are as a beta-agonist and anti-bronchospasmotic. The uncoupling is a side effect and accounts for the marked increase in body temperature. Just passing along what I was told by what I consider a repuable source (endocrinologist).
    bro i am staying on the science. if i feel the need to criticise your verbose answers because they dont answer the question, then so be it. i come to this board for solid info, not to be coddled to. this isnt the "emotional reassurance" forum.

16mg a day is not considered a mega-dose, and that'd be the amount you'd get w/ 4mg pills every 4-5 hours. i have found some bros who really like using it this way for fat loss. i myself am still waiting for my order.

clen doesnt uncouple, at least not in the sense that (we have come to know as) "uncouplers" (DNP /UA) do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    to be honest, i can't remember exactly how i took em, arent they doese differently? like 1mg tabs or somethin'? pretty sure i took 'em spaced out through the day, cuz that's how i run clen...
    tabs are anywhere from 2-8mg from what i've seen. u space clen out through the day? like, more than twice?

well, i only get up to 80mcg when i run it (4 tabs), so i just take one tab at a time...it's okay to take all at once, but if i do that personally, i dont like the shakes i get, so i space 'em

Whos mad and defensive haha im not either

Hollywood Harv is offline Junior Member
    Albuterol is a long acting B2 agonist that relaxes the smooth muscles of your lungs, it comes in suspended particles and as a result 20% of the drug is depoisted into the lungs the rest is swallowed. It has a large 1st pass effect...it doesn't produce the "shakes" ask any asthmatic...it also doesn't produce the thermogenic effects of Clem, and it doesn't have Clem's anti-catabolic effects either. The ONLY thing is does is relax the smooth muscles of the airways...anyone who claims it has it has fat burning properties is just experiencing a real powerful placebo effect. I'm a licencsed pharmacist...the idea of using asthma medications for getting ripped has crossed my mind...but after doing my homework I know its just a waste of time and money.

its ruff i tells ya! - By : Larry Burns

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    I saw a pic of a cow on albuterol and he looked like a friggin hulk

cow's r cool in any case... on albuterol or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Harv
    Albuterol is a long acting B2 agonist that relaxes the smooth muscles of your lungs, it comes in suspended particles and as a result 20% of the drug is depoisted into the lungs the rest is swallowed. It has a large 1st pass effect...it doesn't produce the "shakes" ask any asthmatic...it also doesn't produce the thermogenic effects of Clem, and it doesn't have Clem's anti-catabolic effects either. The ONLY thing is does is relax the smooth muscles of the airways...anyone who claims it has it has fat burning properties is just experiencing a real powerful placebo effect. I'm a licencsed pharmacist...the idea of using asthma medications for getting ripped has crossed my mind...but after doing my homework I know its just a waste of time and money.
    um....nobody is claiming inhaler albuterol will shed fat; the administration is all wrong and the doses are way too low.

the fact that as a licensed pharmacist u r calling clenbuterol "Clem" is frightening. also, the fact that, as a pharmacist you think u know DICK about the clinical indications of drugs beyond what the bottle says is also frightening.

and in fact, i can prove you wrong on just about every count with clinical studies in humans. do you want me to do that, or will you just take it back and save me the trouble?

man, i am aggro in this thread but this dumb shit is provoking me to it, i swear.

i was also a little skeptical about the pharmacist calling clen clem

Quote Originally Posted by thebrakes
    um....nobody is claiming inhaler albuterol will shed fat; the administration is all wrong and the doses are way too low.

the fact that as a licensed pharmacist u r calling clenbuterol "Clem" is frightening. also, the fact that, as a pharmacist you think u know DICK about the clinical indications of drugs beyond what the bottle says is also frightening.

and in fact, i can prove you wrong on just about every count with clinical studies in humans. do you want me to do that, or will you just take it back and save me the trouble?
    man, i am aggro in this thread but this dumb shit is provoking me to it, i swear.

Since when has Clem or Clen been a perscription drug dick wad?? Therefore its not in my field to know about such spellings...you can't prove me wrong in squat...I got access to every source you do...pubmed, medline...you name it...I ain't taking anything back fella...all my info is correct...now if you have ur panties in a bunch b/c you took an asthma pateints inhaler hoping it'll shed your beer belly...thats your problem not mine. And if nobody is claiming it'll burn fat...why take it cheif?? Oh yaa and a lil tid-bit for you Enstein the reason why your lil albuterol is safer for the heart as opposed to Clen is b/c of the large 1st pass, hence it won't bind to B1 receptors in the heart and cause an increase in heart rate or force of contraction...albuterol like any other B2 agonist is not specific for jus the B2...it'll non-specifcally bind to the B1 and B3...PM me if you need any further clarification chief.
    Last edited by Hollywood Harv; 06-13-2005 at 09:41 PM.

i come to this board for solid info, not to be coddled to. this isnt the "emotional reassurance" forum.
    We're certainly not EmotionalAssurance.Com...but there's no rule against being civil....

Since when has Clem or Clen been a perscription drug dick wad?? Therefore its not in my field to know about such spellings...
    Yeah...but you're a pharmacist and you can't spell "prescription" either....

Its called a typoe bro....you got a few in your steriod profile write ups...but if you wanna be my editor thats cool...anyways I only clarified my occupation to provide a backdrop and credibilty to my first post on this thread...i wasn't trying to suggest I have some sort of superior knowledge as opposed to anyone else on this board...I come here to learn and share like everyone else...so if I offended anyone including "brakes" my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Yeah...but you're a pharmacist and you can't spell "prescription" either....

judge_dread is offline Member
    so guys ...can we take Albuterol tabs instead of Clen ???

Its called a typoe bro....you got a few in your steriod profile write ups...but if you wanna be my editor thats cool...anyways I only clarified my occupation to provide a backdrop and credibilty to my first post on this thread...i wasn't trying to suggest I have some sort of superior knowledge as opposed to anyone else on this board...I come here to learn and share like everyone else...so if I offended anyone including "brakes" my apologies.
    Yes...in the hundreds of pages I've written, I'm sure there is a typo (*note the correct spelling) or 2. Probably not more than 10 in the hundreds of pages I've written though.

However, a pharmacist who can't spell "prescription" and can't spell "steroid " either...well....that's another story...it seems to cast aspersions on whether you really are one...

Quote Originally Posted by judge_dread
    so guys ...can we take Albuterol tabs instead of Clen???
    that's what i'm asking, and hope to find out shortly.

i assume we have all seen the studies that showed anabolism and improved athletic performance from albuterol. but i'm trying to collect some "brotelligence" so here are some links to user reports:

http://www.triedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522

more to come

As a side note, I was a mod on that board (Triedia) when it was actually Triedia...not the new version owned by the Cutting Edge Muscle staff...

do you feel smart having regurgitated some crap and using lots of multisyllabic words, while at no point addressing the invalid nature of your argument?
    bro i am staying on the science. if i feel the need to criticise your verbose answers because they dont answer the question, then so be it. i come to this board for solid info, not to be coddled to. this isnt the "emotional reassurance" forum.

Not trying to coddle you and I don't give a finger-fvck about your emotions...
    Just passing on a different perspective from pharm and phys texts, and the peer-reviewed stuff.
    Personally I agree with you and would sooner trust someone who has actually put this sh1t in their body than someone who wrote a text, but it doesn't hurt to hear what the research data say.
    My only point with my "verbose, regurgitated crap with multisyllabic words" was that you can't compare diabetics taking replacement therapy for insulin with anyone taking a beta-agonist for anything. There is no clinical lack beta-adrenergic action in asthmatics or anyone else. That's it. Now I'm gonna shut my mouth because arguing on the internet is like racing in the Special Olympics...win or lose, you're still retarded.

Jerzey, a mod at BB4L has had experience with Albuterol:

http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...newpost&t=7619

Just passing on a different perspective from pharm and phys texts, and the peer-reviewed stuff.
    Personally I agree with you and would sooner trust someone who has actually put this sh1t in their body than someone who wrote a text, but it doesn't hurt to hear what the research data say.
    My only point with my "verbose, regurgitated crap with multisyllabic words" was that you can't compare diabetics taking replacement therapy for insulin with anyone taking a beta-agonist for anything. There is no clinical lack beta-adrenergic action in asthmatics or anyone else. That's it.
    bro, my diabetic comment was to point out the inane corollary you presented with asthmatics being fat - their being fat has nothing to do with beta-2's, it has to do with incapacity for extended exercise. that's all i was saying. and in fact, there probably are some in-shape asthmatics out there (if you look at top-level bicyclists, some 60% claim it but that's another -EPO- story)

and bro, as much as i do like to assimilate clinical studies into my working knowledge and use of chemicals for aesthetics, you have yet to submit any of them.

another guy who likes albuterol:
    http://www.intense-training.com/foru...ight=albuterol

Thread Information