Heracles74 is offline Senior Member

Question Chlomid vs. nolvadex

bro's:
    I am on week 5 of a test E cycle 750 mg/week took 40 mg per day of D-bol through he first 3 1/2 weeks or so. I plan on running about 12 weeks with the test and then switch to suspension 1cc / ED for about 23 days then start pct.

I have plenty of HCG and Nolvadex , but a buddy of mine at the gym tells me I shouldn't take the nolva -- only the HCG and the chlomid?? He said the nolva is only if I got b!tch titties which I don't have. I never really see many pct running just chlomid on this board. Can someone give me some advice for how I want to come off??

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by MMA_Maddawg; 05-24-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Scrub is offline Member
    You'll want to run the clomid like this:

Week 1 300 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg
    Week 2 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 100 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg
    Week 3 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg, 50 mg

In addition run Nolva at 20mg a day for 3 weeks

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Run Clomid and Nolva for PCT as follows,

Correct PCT should consist of:

wk 1-2 Clomid 100mg/ED
    wk 2-4 Clomid 50mg/ED
    wk 1-4 Nolva 20mg/ED
    wk 1-4 Creatine 5g/ED
    wk 1-4 Tribulas 4g/ED
    wk 1-4 L-Glutamine 10mg/ED

MultiVitimins and 1000mg/ED Vit C should also be included with Omega-3's and a Zinc and Magnesium supplement.

The HCG will not be needed IMO as the cycle is less than 15 weeks. Run the PCT as follows and make sure you train hard, eat hard (increased calories) and get plenty of rest (8-9 hours) and you will maximize the chances of keeping your gains.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswiftos
    Run Clomid and Nolva for PCT as follows,

Correct PCT should consist of:

wk 1-2 Clomid 100mg/ED
    wk 2-4 Clomid 50mg/ED
    wk 1-4 Nolva 20mg/ED
    wk 1-4 Creatine 5g/ED
    wk 1-4 Tribulas 4g/ED
    wk 1-4 L-Glutamine 10mg/ED

MultiVitimins and 1000mg/ED Vit C should also be included with Omega-3's and a Zinc and Magnesium supplement.

The HCG will not be needed IMO as the cycle is less than 15 weeks. Run the PCT as follows and make sure you train hard, eat hard (increased calories) and get plenty of rest (8-9 hours) and you will maximize the chances of keeping your gains.
    Thanks bro, so it looks like I really need to get me some chlomid then. I'll do that... what do you think I woul dbe ridking if I just did the nolva? It seems according to your schedule there it looks like the chlomid is actually more important than the nolva... what's the difference between the two really? What does each of them do specifically?

The Clomid is a VERY important part of PCT, it starts you natural Testosterone levels up again after them being shut down. Your body is no longer producing Testosterone , due to you injecting it (Test E). During PCT you want to get your natural Testosterone levels up again to keep/maintain the gains you have made during the cycle. Clomid is what does this.

"Hooker's" Profile on Clomid will also give you more of an understanding:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=167828

The Nolvadex will block estrogen your body is producing, this will in turn help your body overcome a catabolic state during PCT. 20mg/ED (as above) is sufficient run for 4 weeks. Nolvadex also reduces sides such as gyno and slightly reduces water retention whilst on a cycle.

"Hooker's" Profile on Nolvadex may also help:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=167802

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    kinda sounds retarted to bring this up, but if ur taking vit c dont go over 1gram a day. a couple days ago i was taking 1.5 to 2 grams and day for like 3 days and had the worst diarhea. then my dad said it was from to much vit c.

thanks bro. BIG TIME helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Maddawg
    thanks bro. BIG TIME helpful.
    No problem.

I prefer nolv.

China Dawg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I prefer nolv.
    Ditto. I don't see a need for you to get the Clomid. You can run PCT just fine with the Nolvadex . I've done it twice and recovered fine, no Clomid. The NEED for Clomid in PCT is just tradition being regurgitated over and over again...

Nolvadex increases testosterone just as much as Clomid but at a lower dosage (20 mg vs 150 mg). Research - Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen , in normal and oligospermic men. Vermeulen, Comhaire. Fertil and Steril 29 (1978) 320-7

Clomid de-sensitizes the pituitary over time which thus makes less LH while Nolvadex actually sensitizes the pituitary which makes more LH. Research - Disparate effect of clomiphene and tamoxifen on pituitary gonadotropin release in vitro. Adashi EY, Hsueh AJ, Bambino TH, Yen SS. Am J Physiol 1981 Feb;240(2):E125-30

Clomid increases SHBG (which means less "free" testosterone) while Nolvadex does not. Research - The effect of clomiphene citrate on sex hormone binding globulin in normospermic and oligozoospermic men. Adamopoulos, Kapolla et al. Int J Androl 4 (1981) 639-45

Notice that all of these studies are more than 20 years old! But the tradition is to use Clomid in PCT always, regardless. That's fine, it sure won't hurt you to buy the Clomid and run it if you feel insecure about it. However, many people also only run Nolvadex and this should work fine as well, which is supported by the scientific research.

Thread Information