Habanero is offline Junior Member

Injectables vs. Orals as it relates to Drinking Alcohol

I know that the rule of thumb is "do not drink while you are on cycle" - I know there are a whole host of reasons for this, including but not limited to liver function, estrogen levels, water retention, test levels, dietary concerns, gym lethargy, etc.... However, my question is if you are only concerned about the liver function part of the equation is it REALLY THAT harmful to drink alcohol while on an injectable only cycle. Again this is only a liver related question as noted above.

The reason I ask is because back in the late nineties I did a test/deca cycle and did not know a damn thing about steroids (I know, bad decision) and I drank a ton during that cycle (third year of law school) (yes I was one of those "spring breakers" that get so much sh*t on this board). Bottom line though is that I had pretty damn good results and I felt great the entire time and very rarely missed the gym. I know everyone's system is different but I wanted to hear of some other's experiences.

Scrub is offline Member
    It all depends on what injectables your talking about. I wouldn't suggest using winny if you plan on drinking.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt say ur liver is screwed already, but i wouldnt make a habit of it. if u were on orals i would say dont touch alcohol at all.

Reptile is offline Associate Member
    steroids and alcohol dont mix, peroid.

now everyone juicin knows (or certainly should) this, yet i see so many threads started by people looking for someone to tell them otherwise, hoping that they will hear its ok to drink and its really not all that bad while juicing, even though they know this isnt true. (im not sayin this thread is doing that)

kfont12 is offline Associate Member
    I don;t understand why it is so hard for people not to drink. when i go out yes i would like a drink or two but think about how i would prefer to spend money on other think and be healthier, so i learn to have fun without alcohol.

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    steroids and alcohol dont mix, peroid.

now everyone juicin knows (or certainly should) this, yet i see so many threads started by people looking for someone to tell them otherwise, hoping that they will hear its ok to drink and its really not all that bad while juicing, even though they know this isnt true. (im not sayin this thread is doing that)
    Nah, I'm just not naive enough to believe that there are not a ton of people on here that cycle and drink. I am just trying to get anecdotal evidence of the various experiences people may or may not have had. I myself have cut WAY down at this point - just want to hear good and bad stories of people who have imbibed while "on". Nothing more nothing less.

Thread Information