Thread: 20 too young?

runner87 is offline New Member

20 too young?

hey guys...i just started my first cycle and was wondering if 20 was too young. I'm 6' 1" and I don't care to grow any taller. How many of you guys started when you were 20 or younger?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Kind of late to be asking if it's too young after you've already started your cycle. Most people will say that 20 is too young, but to each his own. I personally started younger than that.

100m champ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runner87
    hey guys...i just started my first cycle and was wondering if 20 was too young. I'm 6' 1" and I don't care to grow any taller. How many of you guys started when you were 20 or younger?

20 IS A ?.. But what does your cycle look like?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    its not to young. wouldnt worry that much. just some people like to milk out there natural gains.

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    20 IS A ?.. But what does your cycle look like?
    prop/deca cycle

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    i did my first cycle when i was 20, but some people say it is too young. i never had a prob with it at that age

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    did my first younger then 20

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    depends, how much do you weigh? If you only weigh 150lbs or so, then youre too young and need to build a solid base first

flexgolf is offline Member
    observe who has responded in this thread....no senior members....why risk it? dont take a chance at ruining your health, and heres an idea, trying doing a search. do you think you are the first person to ask this question?

not everyone starts aas at the same time- some start at 40 while others start at 18, this bro asked for advice from those who started at his age or younger, just because a senior member hasn't responded yet doens't mean sh!t. I think that i'd value advice from someone who has been and the same boat with first hand experience over someone who has a higher post count and an opinion.

hckykrt91 is offline Associate Member
    IMO, if you have done your research and know what your putting into your body and have been working out for a couple of years, then go for it. i started my cycle at upper 18 almost 19. i was 190lbs and i stayed at that weight for the past 2 years, so i decided to get on roids and i gained a solid 10lbs i do not regret starting when i did either.

Quote Originally Posted by hckykrt91
    IMO, if you have done your research and know what your putting into your body and have been working out for a couple of years, then go for it. i started my cycle at upper 18 almost 19. i was 190lbs and i stayed at that weight for the past 2 years, so i decided to get on roids and i gained a solid 10lbs i do not regret starting when i did either.
    I'd value his newbie input more then i would a senior member who posted something like-Don't do it you'll ruin ur life because thats what i hear around and theres no way a young adult could possibly cycle steroids effectively

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I started when I was just turning 19, don't regret it.

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    imo - my rule along with ..some.. of my buddies is 18+..
    it really matters about how mature your body is, and how well you have everything down (diet, training).. and especially having a strong, well built NATURAL base before starting aas..

Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    not everyone starts aas at the same time- some start at 40 while others start at 18, this bro asked for advice from those who started at his age or younger, just because a senior member hasn't responded yet doens't mean sh!t. I think that i'd value advice from someone who has been and the same boat with first hand experience over someone who has a higher post count and an opinion.
    I cycled when I was 20....hmmm I think I am in the same boat. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have never cycled and can offer better input than most people on this board....you know why....cause they still know more. Having gone through the same situation as this guy does not necessarily qualify you to give advice. And I am not saying I am perfectly qualified...but I am certain that there are members on this board that can teach a lot more than you and I.

i'm sorry...thats just a horrible arguement. i am not trying to be rude, but you have provided no reasonable justification for a 20 year old to begin AS.

As a message to everyone: Just because you were able take AS at a young age, doesnt mean everyone can. Doing your research, knowing what your putting in your body, and lifting for a few years is simply not good enough criteria for making this decision.

then what is good enough criteria for makeing the decision-not trying to b a smart A$$ or argue but rather curious

hckykrt91 is offline Associate Member
    yeah well thats what i made my judgement on and so i went with it. was the best criteria for me and it worked with no regrets. what more do you need, your parents approval?

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    then what is good enough criteria for makeing the decision-not trying to b a smart A$$ or argue but rather curious
    training history (id say atleast 4 years of hardcore training in the gym), knowledge of both nutrition and training

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, know how your body reacts. Know what training styles you respond to, and what diet you respond to (like proten/carb/fat ratio). Because everyone is different you gotta find these things out BEFORE you start cycling to maximize your gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman
    training history (id say atleast 4 years of hardcore training in the gym), knowledge of both nutrition and training

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, know how your body reacts. Know what training styles you respond to, and what diet you respond to (like proten/carb/fat ratio). Because everyone is different you gotta find these things out BEFORE you start cycling to maximize your gains.

I would like to know some additional information. How much does this guy weigh? How have his gains progessed throughout his training history? Does he think he has reached his maximal height? How far along is he in natural physical maturation? What are his testosterone levels ? Even these tidbits of information may not be sufficient.

yeah well thats what i made my judgement on and so i went with it. was the best criteria for me and it worked with no regrets. what more do you need, your parents approval?
    keep scratching...

Froggy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runner87
    Yes...IMO...it is too young...

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Didn't start until I turned 22yrs, it was a blessing running AAS the first time. I think it would have been better to wait a couple more years, but what the hell

Thanks guys....I've been training for a long time and and the past year i've been on a plateau and can't gain any more strength or size. I think i'll be okay. thanks for the opinions.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i would say 20 is a lil young, most start at 21-23yrs of age. but since u have already started if ur not that far into ur cycle i would drop the deca .. test only is the only think i would recomend for a first timers use but thats JMO i think u should see how ur body reacts to the substance and or "A" substance b/f putting multiple substances into it JM .02cts

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    and oh ya i woulda went with test e 500mgs/wk for 10wks instead of the prop, but i guess ur in it as it is so like i said drop the deca if possible and finish out the prop cycle and be sure to run proper pct

Thread Information