dragon69 is offline Member

why such difference of opinion

why is there such difference of opinion regarding beginner cycles? I'm speaking about those who recommend test only cycles for a first and those who say that test should be avoided for beginners since "their bodies simply do not need such a powerfull steriod yet".
    This is quite conflicting info, all posted on profiles and how to columns on sites like this. I am confused by the conflicting info and want to make the right decisions regarding my 1st one.

I do understand tests' role in a stack cycle and all, but I still am not all that certain as to the precise reason why most experienced guys here say 500mg test-e 1st cycle. Especially with the conflicting reports I mentioned above. I know many people here really know their shit, but I absolutely need to know 100% what I'm doing before I poke.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    test is a powerful steroid , but it still is safe in moderation..it will shut ur natural test production down, but u will gain lots of muscle that is keepable. lots of people say without test u will be shut down, when they say this they basically mean u will not get boners, who wants that. test is a good base to every cycle..

Streitingen is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    why is there such difference of opinion regarding beginner cycles? I'm speaking about those who recommend test only cycles for a first and those who say that test should be avoided for beginners since "their bodies simply do not need such a powerfull steriod yet".
    This is quite conflicting info, all posted on profiles and how to columns on sites like this. I am confused by the conflicting info and want to make the right decisions regarding my 1st one.

I do understand tests' role in a stack cycle and all, but I still am not all that certain as to the precise reason why most experienced guys here say 500mg test-e 1st cycle. Especially with the conflicting reports I mentioned above. I know many people here really know their shit, but I absolutely need to know 100% what I'm doing before I poke.

I've the same problem. I'm doing my reseach on different boards, big international like this and some small norwegian.
    I've been reading alot of newbie posts, posted my own question for an hopefully easy answer and read alot of sticky's. The main stream of experienced users recommand use of any Testosterone in all cycles often @500mg EW. But there is also (expecially in Europa) some users that recommand less use of test or no test at all, often "only" @200-300mg EW. This low dose will keep relatively low on the sides and keep your test level high enough for good gains. And stack drugs, with your wanted gains an sides caracteristics. Here you have to do your reseach and read drug profiles/descriptions!

I thing the PCT is one of the things that should be done the right way - anyway!!! After some reseach I've discovered a lot of newbies don't do their PCT as they should, and loose all there gains from the cycle... and some more Expecially when cycled heavier drugs with good gains achieved, then the sides and losses is also bigger.

Sorry I can't answer your question on the head.
    But everyone is different from body to mind. So advices will always be different because of different experiences. Do up your own mind, for your needs and keep safe! Good luck

dragon69 is offline Member
    Done some more research. I'm starting to get the distinct impression that some posted info on profiles and 'how to' columns on smaller sites are written by dummies who DIDN'T do THEIR research. Sounds like some people eat at mcdonalds everyday during their test-e cycles then whine that they get fat and blame the AS.
    I have heard fairly consistent info on this site for the most part and Hookers post have been wonderfull. This is the place to be!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    test is mandatory IMO if you want to make the most of any cycle.

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    I agree, test is the best and most useful hormone. I think the male body can make more positive use of test than any other substance. I will never do a cycle without some amount of test.

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Test

Dragon 69:

I am not for (or against) test in every cycle and every beginner cycle, but here is some perspective for your question.

I don't know if there is one exact, or correct, answer to your question. That is probably the source of the confusion. Just like in any field, you will find experts who disagree. I also think it is a situation where different things have worked for different people. If it works for a specific person, who can argue with that ?

There are a lot of people on this board who are big proponents of test and having test in every cycle. (some posters call them the "test police" !)

I am not an expert on steroids . However, I have been doing them off and on (mostly off) for twenty years (I started at 21) and have no bad side effects, problems, or anything like that to show for it. In fact, the steroids have been a fantastic supplement to push me far beyond my natural peak. When I was younger, they helped me be a much better football player as I was bigger, stronger, faster than I ever could have "naturally" become.

My first cycle (in 1984) did not have test and I made great progress, loved the cycle, etc. It was administered by a doctor (who is now deceased). This doctor was similar to the BALCO guys of recent scandal in that most of his patients were college and pro athletes, body builders, etc.

So I did consider this doctor an "expert" as he monitored hundreds of athletes using steroids, over numerous years, for progress, side effects, etc. The monitoring was done via blood tests, urine tests, sperm tests, etc.

This doctor did not feel test was mandatory in every cycle, and none of his beginner cycles had test.

His beginner cycles were simply anavar if the patient was not looking for a lot of size and mass. If the patient was looking for a lot of size and mass, his beginner cycle was dianabol .

One problem with dianabol (as I am sure a lot of posters will point out) is that the gains you make while on cycle you almost entirely lose when off cycle, while with test you do keep a lot of your gains if you do proper PCT.

So ultimately, the choice is yours. That is not an exact answer but I hope it helps.

4spain is offline Associate Member
    You will find that most people are split on the 250mg/week & 500mg/week first cycle issue. I am very happy with my gains & I am doing 250mg/week

rfbulletdude is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spain
    You will find that most people are split on the 250mg/week & 500mg/week first cycle issue. I am very happy with my gains & I am doing 250mg/week
    how bout the sides at that dosage??

I am on week 5 and I am feeling great. A little water ret, but nothing to bad, thinking about starting Nolva or Letro for added water ret protection, no signs of gyno, but I have never had a problem. I am taking sust 250, 125mg e2d.
    Last edited by 4spain; 05-26-2005 at 02:15 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    What have you gained and how long have you been on your 250mg/wk cycle?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    125mg/EOD is 500mg/wk?

Quote Originally Posted by bigswiftos
    125mg/EOD is 500mg/wk?
    oops 125mg e2d

Quote Originally Posted by bigswiftos
    What have you gained and how long have you been on your 250mg/wk cycle?
    I am on my 5th week, haven't check stats since end of 3rd week, will do it tonight & post. Stregnth is starting to jump. I will be posting results every 3-4 weeks pictures & all

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopcat528
    Dragon 69:

I am not for (or against) test in every cycle and every beginner cycle, but here is some perspective for your question.

I don't know if there is one exact, or correct, answer to your question. That is probably the source of the confusion. Just like in any field, you will find experts who disagree. I also think it is a situation where different things have worked for different people. If it works for a specific person, who can argue with that ?.
    right on the money baby... i agree...im going to run test prop for my first cycle..good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    right on the money baby... i agree...im going to run test prop for my first cycle..good luck man
    Welcome back! How was your vacation?

Welcome back! How was your vacation?
    haha now thats funny... was good i celibrated my 25th birthday last wednesday..thanks for askin though

Right on, I live in Phx, visit Vegas often. Use to live there 6 years ago, still have a lot of friends in the club scene there.

yeah its great here just hella hot ass in the summer i think its like 116 right now it sucks i hate the heat here in th summer other then that i love it here. lol

we are 2 degrees hotter than you all the time. I think we hijacked this guys thread, sorry guy!!

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    test is mandatory IMO if you want to make the most of any cycle.
    Listen to Taiboxa
    He's one of the more knowledgeble people on this sight
    This fella knows his stuff

Thread Information