beastrg is offline Junior Member

Injecting question

Before i inject its best to pull the skin on the glutes to 1 side sowhen u pull out blood etc does not flow out. My question is when u pull the skin to 1 side, u then penetrate the skin, and then next should u release the skin or keep holding it to 1 side until u pull the needle out??? (I.e the Z-track technique!!)

I think u release the skin as u wont have a hand to aspirate with then!!

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Pull it and keep it there. If you don't the pin will have a mind of it's own. Also if you're using a small guage like a 25 it could break.

Pull skin to one side, stick, aspirate , inject, pull out, release skin, you're done.

HTH,

how do u do that when 1 hand is holding the skin and 1 hand the syringe...and then aspirate ?? use the hand holding the syringe to aspirate aswell?

Also is it worth using this technique or just jab straight in?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I dont ever pull the skin. Jab it, aspirate , and shoot. If it bleeds a little, so what?

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I dont ever pull the skin. Jab it, aspirate, and shoot. If it bleeds a little, so what?
    This is my exact feelings as well.

Sometimes I don't even aspirate . I just wipe and stick. Most of the time I don't see any blood but when I do it's about the size of a pen head.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beastrg
    Before i inject its best to pull the skin on the glutes to 1 side sowhen u pull out blood etc does not flow out. My question is when u pull the skin to 1 side, u then penetrate the skin, and then next should u release the skin or keep holding it to 1 side until u pull the needle out??? (I.e the Z-track technique!!)

I think u release the skin as u wont have a hand to aspirate with then!!

Are you serious? It is not brain surgery and there is not all that much blood to be found.

Take the needle like a dart. Look in the mirror and pick a spot in the upper quarter of one buttocks. Stick it in slowly. Aspirate (hold syringe with one hand, pull up with other.) Inject. Wipe off blood that squirts out if you cut through a capillary on the way in. Go to the gym.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    there is no need to pull the skin at all bro just stick it. you'll bleed less in the glute most likely anyway.

thanks guys!! didnt really wanne use that z- technique anyways!! thanks for the input

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    tape is cheap and i hope you have cotton balls.. just tape one on .. sheash..

4spain is offline Associate Member
    Have your girl hold it for you!

Thread Information