Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

OK I am dumb but when do you need the belt thing?

OK I never went over this with a trainer. When do you need to put that hernia preventing belt on? I know this is not quite a steroid question but seeing I am lifting ever heavier and heavier as a result of steroids and not using a belt now. Exactly what type of exercises should I be using on to prevent hernia?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    if it isn't a steroid question, don't put it in trhe steroid forum.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I know this is not quite a steroid question
    Yeah, no shit... workout forum

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    deads, squats n i even c some who use it on bench

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman
    Yeah, no shit... workout forum
    this is even coming from an anabolic member.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yung-priest
    deads, squats n i even c some who use it on bench
    Thats what I thought... I see some guys wearing them the entire time they are in gym, even on machines. So it had me wondering, wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something. One guy was saying you should wear it on a weighted ab crunch machines but seems the belt gets in the way.

powerlifter007 is offline New Member
    If the lift you are about to attempt will make you strain like shit, then you use a belt. A belt is really only needed when you are doing a squat, leg press, or deadlift. A heavy good morning is also a lift you would want to have a belt on for. If I feel like the lift could make me strain enough to shit my pants, I usually wear a belt. If you wear a belt all of the time you will just make your abs weaker and as a result develop back problems. Never wear a belt throughout the whole workout.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    just wear your belt when you need to don't have it on all the time like a tool

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter007
    If the lift you are about to attempt will make you strain like shit, then you use a belt. A belt is really only needed when you are doing a squat, leg press, or deadlift. A heavy good morning is also a lift you would want to have a belt on for. If I feel like the lift could make me strain enough to shit my pants, I usually wear a belt. If you wear a belt all of the time you will just make your abs weaker and as a result develop back problems. Never wear a belt throughout the whole workout.
    Exactly. Belts work by stabilizing the mid-section through pressure, but they also work by causing a natural neurological response in your abdominal wall - the pressure of the belt causes the abdominal wall muscles to tense up and push out against the belt. I have read that nerve damage in the abdomin can occur from over use of a weight belt. I cannot remember where I read it though...I will try to find the source.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    just wear your belt when you need to don't have it on all the time like a tool
    Again...exactly.

rawdog is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    OK I never went over this with a trainer. When do you need to put that hernia preventing belt on? I know this is not quite a steroid question but seeing I am lifting ever heavier and heavier as a result of steroids and not using a belt now. Exactly what type of exercises should I be using on to prevent hernia?
    i'm no post nazi...but no answer for you wrong forum

Thread Information