armzday is offline Junior Member

Prescription for Depo Testosterone

Lately my energy has been very low. Went to the doctors. Blood test shows low test. I will be given shots of Depo Testosterone . What can I expect from this? Anybody else been through this?

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Wow...I have the same diagnosis...same low test levels showing on a blood test and my doc wants to wait 3 months and redo the test before he will give me ANYTHING. You will probably feel energy and an increase in libido...you lucky bastard.

righton is offline Senior Member
    You should expect an increase in energy and libido in 2-3 weeks. The usual HRT doses are around 200-250mg/wk which with proper diet and training can yield good results and combined with either a oral or another injectable, very good results in terms of bb'ing.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been on HRT for a few years. It has done wonders for me...Better memory, increased sex drive, more energy, more relaxed.....It will take around 3 or 4 weeks to kick in.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    So this legally prescribed test will also add mass correct, just as anyother test?

armzday is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the input!

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural1
    So this legally prescribed test will also add mass correct, just as anyother test?
    The Test you have being that it is human grade made by a major pharmaceutical company is not only AS good, it is better than some of the animal grade stuff that people use.

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    its a good thing i work in a pharmacy and know the stuff is legit ;-)

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural1
    Well I was told by a doctor that testosterone in the long run is not all that anabolic , it probably helps u MORE with supression of cortisol which is the muscle destroying/fat gaining hormone then anything else.

Effects of low dose testosterone will be slow but steady and reliable. Its like this, testosterone probably will not directly effect you more then just simply adding about 5 lbs of real muscle, it will also in time directly burn off excess fat. At low THRT doses you dont need to worry about bloating. On the other hand you can be proud to know your gains will be 95% hard earned and not just because you "cheated". You CAN take advantage of cortisol suppression and extend your workouts more then an hour without worry of catabolism, but I dont think this effect will begin to happen for about 6 weeks, this same cortisol suppression effect that begins at about week 5 and 6 is the same reason why high dose cycles also seem to begin working at about the same time frame. But just remember TRT is not going to automatically make you a monster muscle boy, testosterone CAN loose muscle and gain fat if you choose to couch potatoe it while on. With exercise your body will kick in the fat burning/muscle growing mode significantly easier then if you stayed with low testosterone .

Testosterone depot is a name brand for the generic name: Testosterone cypionate . If you can get generic test cypioinate or enanthate in trade for more expansive testosterone depot at your pharmacy, I dont see why not, go for the generic. Some doctors will give you the option to do 200 mg week of testosterone and 200 mg of deca . This will be far more anabolic then just 200 mg testosterone alone and believe it or not, sex drive will be better on the combination therapy then test alone, so if they offer you chance to stack nandralone or deca, then go for it! Its FDA approved although deca is a big blood thickener and while hurry up your need to donate blood (phlebotomy I think its called with my screwed up spelling).

Thread Information