Spoons is offline New Member

Newb with a HUGE question!!!!

Hey yall,
    I've got a huge question for you more experienced folks in here. A little about myself-
    I am 24 yo - 6'6'' 215. As you can see I have a pretty slender build. I have about a 12-14% body fat. I played college basketball and I have been lifting and working out for about 6 years now(off and on). For the last year and half pretty heavy though.
    Anyways, my problem is that no matter what I do I can't seem to get over 215. I am loading myself with protein shakes, eating (right foods)about 5 or 6 times a day and lifting and working out almost daily. I just can't seem to break my current weight and build. I have seen a difference in my muscle tone but they won't get bigger.
    My question is, are roids something that would help me move up and get me over the hump? I am not wanting to get just overly huge (Arnold type) but I would love to get up about 25 or 30 pds of muscle.
    Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!!!

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    try the diet forum first and if that don't work then move upto roid's

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    give youre body enough rest,workingout daily is too much.

-rodge

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    amen diet is everything
    and you need a good base before you ever approach AAS

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    I would never speculate and say your diet sucks - you're probably doing a lot of things right. But if you research the diet and training forums, I guarantee you will find some things that can be improved, probably to the point that you can really start to put on some natural weight.

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Every night before bed eat a nice big baked potatoes, a big plate of pasta and sauce, along with a nice big fat desert, then go to sleep sooner or later it will start to catch up with you, so you better keep lifting.

Spoons is offline New Member
    By workout daily, I mean that I do cardio one day and lift another. I don't have alot of time thru the day so I kind of break it up.
    As far as the base goes...By base do you mean a good muscle structure? If so I would say that I have that. It just seems as they won't get any bigger or stronger, just more cut. I what I am wanting is get get bigger.
    ANy help is appreciated

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    don't cardio if youre trying to get bigger/heavyer, just eat,lift and rest.

-rodge

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimoPup
    Every night before bed eat a nice big baked potatoes, a big plate of pasta and sauce, along with a nice big fat desert, then go to sleep sooner or later it will start to catch up with you, so you better keep lifting.
    wow very well said
    all the things you shoudlnt eat and at bed time!

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    i was in the same position as you my friend, and that's how i ended up here. i was ready to take cross to the "dark side" myself. what i found out here is that there is so much information surrounding ALL areas of bodybuilding - not just AAS. the diet forum is of particular interest, not to mention the training and supplements forum.

before coming here, i had already convinced myself that AAS was the only way i was going to get any bigger. well, that was 10 pounds ago and i haven't used any juice yet. i just started eating to grow, lifting heavy weight, and stopped all cardio.

if you're training as hard as ever but aren't getting any stronger (which is exactly where i was at), something is wrong - because at your size, you're not at your max genetic potential yet.

you need to lift heavier weights!! go down in reps and up in weight...and then eat like a fvcking bastard. you WILL feel full all the time, but you want to grow...right?

aside from that, most everyone here has taken "the plunge", so obviously there are a number of reasons and different times when it's appropriate for someone to do it. i often suspect there are more than a few hypocrites around here as well.

that being said, there is a wealth of good information here if you have the patience to find, and use it.

good luck.

Thread Information