Thread: Dosage Question

Auto54 is offline Member

Dosage Question

OK I know when you read this you are likely going to say "DUH" but there is something about the dosages I'm just not understanding. I HAVE read and read and read and it isn't making sense. So if somebody could please clear this up for me it'd sure help out a lot!

Ok anywho...

As an example, reading the steroid profiles, lets look at Deca . It says "Effective Dose (Men): 200-600mgs/week (2mg/lb of Bodyweight)." It also says "You could end up paying well over $10usd per amp or 2ml vial..."

OK... not to talk specif cycles, but just numbers for the sake of numbers. Lets say I decide on a 200mg/week dose of Deca for a 12 week cycle. Does that mean I need to purchase 12 2ml vials and inject 2ml/cc each week? Or am I totally missing something here??

I understand that deca is commonly sold in 200mg - 2ml vials. And the 200mg is the strenght, while the 2ml is the amount. So you'd need that total amount for the 200mg is or is that 200mg/ml??

I know this is likely a really basic question... so basic it seems to be overlooked in the cycles and profiles. So please, try not to flame too much when ya explain this one to me! LOL!

Also... how many cc in an IU?

THANKS!!
    Last edited by Auto54; 01-14-2006 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo

ndmand4u is offline New Member

great question

Don't worry it is not a dumb question. I am trying to find the same information myself. I hope that you get your answer soon.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Also... how many cc in an IU?

THANKS!!
    1cc = 100iu when referring to insulin ....
    ..For the sake of arguement, if you want to run 200mg/week of Deca and your vials of Deca are 200mg/ml then 1 vial would last you 2 weeks...

AG
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-14-2006 at 11:40 AM. Reason: ..added Copperhead's quote..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    1cc = 1ml

Auto54 is offline Member
    OK so one 2ml/cc vial would be a 400mg dose (if you did the entire vial). So 12 vials would be enough for a 12 week 400mg/week dose. Or 6 vials for a 200mg/week dose.

That right?

Now the cc/iu thing... Are you SURE? These guys taking about hGh and I hear a lot of guys saying they take 4iu/day... 2iu am and 2iu pm. If 100iu = 1cc then they'd be taking such a small amount I wouldn't know how to measure it.

What am I missing there? Really really tiny syringe?

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    1cc = 100iu..
    ..For the sake of arguement, if you want to run 200mg/week of Deca and your vials of Deca are 200mg/ml then 1 vial would last you 2 weeks...

AG

..yes, you shoot GH and LR3 IGF-1 with an insulin syringe....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ..yes, you shoot GH and LR3 IGF-1 with an insulin syringe....
    Ahhh, OK! I just didn't realize they were that much smaller. So if a guy was doing juice AND GH he'd need two different types of syringes... I got ya!

Thanks! It's all making sense now!!

...most guys use 3cc barrels for gear and 50iu or 100iu slin pins for slin, igf-1, and gh

cc=ml=iu=mg=mcg ?????

Auto54 is offline Member
    OK thanks!

Alright, one more related follow up question...

Lets say you are doing something like a deca /cyp stack. Do you mix them in a different vial (I am guessing no), draw them both into the same syrine, or do it in two shots?

...Wipe your vial stoppers with alcohol wipes, draw deca and cyp into the same syringe, take off your drawing needle and put on your shooting needle, wipe injection site with alcohol, let alcohol evaporate, and shoot....

...and I usually "float" my vials in a coffee cup of semi-hot water, it makes for easier drawing and injection...

AG

Auto54 is offline Member
    Yeah I've read the part about warming up the oil prior to injecting. But that's the first I've heard about switching needles.

What is the purpose of that? Are they different types of needles or you just don't want to be poking your skin with the same needle you poke the vial with? Don't doctors just go straight from the vial to the body??

Glad to hear I can draw the two together. One less shot is cool by me! lol!

Thanks again for the help!

....When you push your needle through the stopper in the vial, it dulls considerably....By switching to a fresh needle for injection, it makes your shot a tad easier..It's not mandantory, but definitely more comfortable...
    ...Just for an example, I draw my oil-based medicine with a 20ga. and switch to a 23ga. or 25ga. for injection..The larger ga. needle makes it easier to pull the oil from the vial..

Auto54 is offline Member
    Ahh, I got ya! I didn't even think about dulling the needle. Well in that case, no biggie to keep some 20's on hand for drawing and switch for the shot. Anything for a less painfull shot!

I am not firmly convinced I need to wait a lil while longer. I was hoping to start a cycle Feb 1st. But I think I'm just going to hang here a while longer and keep on reading.

Seems like every time I think I'm on track I long on here, read some more, and go "Oh didnt think of that!!" So maybe I'll just start collecting some gear for a cycle and have it on hand and start whenever I feel 100% secure!

Thanks again!

Thread Information