GIROLAMO is offline Associate Member

Ephedrine/Ephedra

Whats The Differents

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought that they were the same thing. i believe it is ephedra alkaloids or just ephedrine.

Scrub is offline Member
    Don't quote me but I think ephedrine is an extract of ephedra. They are pretty much the same thing. I'm not 100% sure though.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Ephedra is a term applied to a chinese plant known as Ma Hung. The plant contain a number of chemically similure compounds that are active 4 I beleive. These are known as ephedrine alkaloids.

I don't know the full chemical process but basically a Hcl molecule is attached to an ephedrine one giving you ephedrine hcl. It can also be made synthethically i.e in a lab. If the product is labeled as containing ephedrine hcl. It was more than likely made in a lab. If it is marked as containing ephedra then it an extract from the plant Ma Hung some of which is active. It would be quite unusual for a product to be marked as containg ephedra and actually containing ephedrine hcl. This would in fact be illegal as selling a medical product marked as being herbal is illegal. The position on ephedra is still up in the air as far as I know.

If you were not aware the fda banned the sale of ephedra over concerns of it's safety. There was a trial last month that might see that ban overturned however.

Thread Information