bigbombs is offline New Member

insulin dependent diabetes

I send this out to any moderator with knowledge of the topic.!!
    I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and am thinking about doing a run with winstrol . How will steroid use afect my condition.

jbrand is offline Member

Re: insulin dependent diabetes

Originally posted by bigbombs
    I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and am thinking about doing a run with winstrol . How will steroid use afect my condition.

i am not a moderator, but i can do my best to help:

AAS is generally are usually looked down upon for its negative impact on blood sugar. Your condition necessitates you to research the topic to the fullest extent in regards to your health, so please don't start the cycle until you get all the information, especially regarding your situation.

Anyway, I actually believe AAS can work positively with a diabetic in which blood sugar levels can be improved thus increasing the utilization of insulin. Lowered natural test levels is a problem among diabetics, so some improvements in your body and mood may be elevated with its use. Then again, I can't emphasize the importance of doing the research or getting information from a doctor.

BigTime14 is offline New Member
    Hey bro, I am having the same problem. I am diabetic and I am about to start juicing....but I have some serious concerns with my health (Liver,kidneys,etc.), so if you find out any info then let me know ok? Appreciate it man. Later and good luck

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: insulin dependent diabetes

Originally posted by bigbombs
    You rang? Okay, since you specifically asked about Winstrol , here goes . . .

There is a legal forumulation of Winstrol tablets manufactured by Sanofi-Synthelabo Pharmaceuticals and indicated (used) for decreasing the severity and frequency of attacks of angioedema. You can find the complete product and prescribing information by surfing to Winstrol under the product name section at http://www.sanofi-synthelabous.com/products/index.html.

The prescribing information lists the following adverse reactions or side effects (emphasis added):

ADVERSE REACTIONS

Hepatic: Cholestatic jaundice with, rarely, hepatic necrosis and death. Hepatocellular neoplasms and peliosis hepatis have been reported in association with long-term androgenic -anabolic steroid therapy (see WARNINGS). Reversible changes in liver function tests also occur including increased bromsulphalein (BSP) retention and increases in serum bilirubin, glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT), and alkaline phosphatase.

Genitourinary System: In men. Prepubertal: Phallic enlargement and increased frequency of erections.

Postpubertal: Inhibition of testicular function, testicular atrophy and oligospermia, impotence, chronic priapism, epididymitis and bladder irritability.

In women: Clitoral enlargement, menstrual irregularities.

In both sexes: Increased or decreased libido.

CNS: Habituation, excitation, insomnia, depression.

Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.

Hematologic: Bleeding in patients on concomitant anticoagulant therapy.

Breast: Gynecomastia .

Larynx: Deepening of the voice in women.

Hair: Hirsutism and male pattern baldness in women.

Skin: Acne (especially in women and prepubertal boys).

Skeletal: Premature closure of epiphyses in children (see PRECAUTIONS, Pediatric Use).

Fluid and Electrolytes: Edema, retention of serum electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium, phosphate, calcium).

Metabolic/Endocrine: Decreased glucose tolerance (see PRECAUTIONS), increased serum levels of low-density lipoproteins and decreased levels of high-density lipoproteins (see PRECAUTIONS, Laboratory Tests), increased creatine and creatinine excretion, increased serum levels of creatine phosphokinase (CPK).

(You'll notice that the side effects are similar to testosterone .)

Does this mean that you will have all of the side effects? Not at all. But, as a diabetic (insulin dependent or otherwise), they may be are more likely to occur to some degree.

Since you use linsulin, I assume that you self-test your glucose levels by using an Accucheck or similar glucometer. Obviously, then, if you use any AS, you should increase your testing as necessary and adjust your insulin dose (if you are knowledgable enough to self-regulate) or your AS intake accordingly.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    either one of you guys email me or pm me. I'm aslo a daibetic and have done a few cycles. I'll help out anyway i can.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information