Thread: Calf Injection

Served is offline Associate Member

Calf Injection

One week ago I shot 1cc of prop in my calf and its still swollen. Its no longer hurting at all but its swollen likes it holding lots of fluid. Even my ankle is swollen. Does this sound normal? I've shot enanth in calfs before with no trouble at all. Knowing that its not hurting but still swollen do you think I hit a vien to cause the swelling?? thanks

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Served
    One week ago I shot 1cc of prop in my calf and its still swollen. Its no longer hurting at all but its swollen likes it holding lots of fluid. Even my ankle is swollen. Does this sound normal? I've shot enanth in calfs before with no trouble at all. Knowing that its not hurting but still swollen do you think I hit a vien to cause the swelling?? thanks
    you have more than likely found a major portal vein in your calf....i used to love hitting my calves, until i hit it....could barely walk for a week....never again

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    sounds about right to me..stretch it out.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i wont touch calves for nothing i will do traps 3x in a row before i put a pin 2 feet next to my calves.
    and due to their distance from the heart blood flow sux in that area making it not as beneficial as glute quads chest and delts.

100m champ is offline Member
    Whats the best place for injecting.. Is the quad good for injecting/

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't know which i wld hate to inject more... calves or bi's...

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    Whats the best place for injecting.. Is the quad good for injecting/
    quad/glutemed/glutemax

Thanks for the replies guys. I tell ya I will never do it again. The thing that worries me is that it doesnt hurt anymore. Its just still swollen. I can tell its holding a lot of fluid and my ankle is even swollen. I've been taking some anti inflammatories but they dont seem to help none. My whole dang shin, calf, and ankle is swollen and its been a solid week

bi's are GRAVY compared to calves

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa

i will take your word for it, as i will never be shooting them...
    just the thought of sticking them makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    I agree. I never look forward to them but at least I can function. lol. I hate trying to walk on one leg after a calf injection.

I agree. I never look forward to them but at least I can function. lol. I hate trying to walk on one leg after a calf injection.
    chest/delts/glutes/quads/tris/traps = never have to do calves again!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. I tell ya I will never do it again. The thing that worries me is that it doesnt hurt anymore. Its just still swollen. I can tell its holding a lot of fluid and my ankle is even swollen. I've been taking some anti inflammatories but they dont seem to help none. My whole dang shin, calf, and ankle is swollen and its been a solid week
    This happened to me too. Swole so bad the calass on the bottom on my foot fell off and it lasted about 11 days or about the as long as it takes for most of the enanthate to complete break down in the human body.

I believe I read that there is a particularly sensative place in the body to put an injection into, this is like in a tissue layer that wraps each muscle group. If you happen to inject oil into this between muscles tissue area you get extreme pain and swelling. Most injection sites are mostly safe but the half has the highest risk of missing injection square in the muscle. There is supposedly one muscle over the other in the calf so injecting just about 1 inch in can put you right in the exact spot to cause that swelling reaction.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    how long was the pin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    This happened to me too. Swole so bad the calass on the bottom on my foot fell off and it lasted about 11 days or about the as long as it takes for most of the enanthate to complete break down in the human body.

I believe I read that there is a particularly sensative place in the body to put an injection into, this is like in a tissue layer that wraps each muscle group. If you happen to inject oil into this between muscles tissue area you get extreme pain and swelling. Most injection sites are mostly safe but the half has the highest risk of missing injection square in the muscle. There is supposedly one muscle over the other in the calf so injecting just about 1 inch in can put you right in the exact spot to cause that swelling reaction.
    Thanks for your response. That would definitely explain a lot of my questions. I was starting the think the oil was bad or something. I'm going to give it some more time to heal, if not my butt is going to the doc. lol. From my knee down is completely swollen, pretty obvious too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    how long was the pin?
    mine was 1"

Thread Information