PumpinIron is offline Banned

BRIDGING is NONSENSE

The HPTA must be afforded the proper time it requires to fully recover. Taking any foreign androgen, at any dosage, will inevitably lead to a varying degree of testicular/pituitary inhibition. "Bridging" is not an effective means of normalizing newly aquired muscle tissue.

Even ANAVAR --can not and should not be used as a bridge. Not 20mgs, not 10mgs, not even 2.5mgs:

Effect of low dose oxandrolone and testosterone treatment on the pituitary-testicular and GH axes in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty.

Crowne EC, Wallace WH, Moore C, Mitchell R, Robertson WH, Holly JM, Shalet SM.

Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital Trust, Manchester, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low dose oxandrolone and testosterone on the pituitary-testicular and GH-IGF-I axes. DESIGN: Prospective double-blind placebo-controlled trial. PATIENTS: Sixteen boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty (CDGP) with testicular volumes 4-6 ml were randomized to 3 months treatment: Group 1 (n = 5), daily placebo: Group 2 (n = 5), 2.5 mg oxandrolone daily or Group 3 (n = 6), 50 mg testosterone monthly intramuscular injections with assessment (growth, pubertal development and overnight hormone profiles) at 0, 3, 6 and 12 months. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: LH and GH profiles (15-minute samples) were analysed by peak detection (Pulsar), Fourier transformation and autocorrelation. Testosterone levels were measured hourly and insulin , SHBG, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 levels at 0800 h. Statistical analysis was by multivariate analysis of variance for repeated measures. RESULTS: LH and testosterone parameters increased significantly with time in all 16 (LH AUC, P < 0.001; peak amplitude, P = 0.02; number of peaks, P = 0.02; testosterone AUC, P = 0.02; morning testosterone, P = 0.002). In Group 2, however, LH and testosterone parameters decreased at 3 months followed by a rebound increase at 6 and 12 months. SHBG levels were markedly reduced at 3 months (P = 0.006) and a wider range of dominant GH frequencies was present although GH AUC was not increased until 6 months, with an increase in GH pulse frequency but not amplitude. IGF-I levels were increased at both 3 and 12 months. In Group 3, pituitary-testicular suppression was not apparent, but GH levels increased with an increase in GH amplitude at 3 and 12 months. CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone transiently suppressed the pituitary-testicular axis and altered GH pulsatility. Testosterone increased GH via amplitude modulation.

Do your body a favor and let it rest. It will never recognize your new muscle tissue as "permanent" unless your body can manitain a stable, healthy environment. Bridging will only further supress the HPTA, making it ever-more difficult to solidy your gains in a natural state--rendering you dependable forvever on steroids to make your gains.

**(This does NOT APPLY to professional bodybuilders--who must unfortunately remain on steroids to make an income**)

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    i like your ideas.. good post.

Thank you

An observation that I had upon coming to this board--people still bridge! I was somewhat surprised that this foolish pratice hadn't been completely abandoned already, and felt the need to speak up about it. Bridging has destroyed many cycles and tons of lean mass. I would hate to see that keep happening.

By the way

By the way, love the board!

i know many people who dont bridge.. and do bridge..
    imo - bridging works, but over time it haunts you bad - real bad.
    risky boat to float bros.

Works

"Works". Hmmm, I am not so sure that bridging "works" but I suppose it depends on what one considers to "work". It will definitely damage your endocrine system (probably permenantly), and you certainly can not maintain a muscular or healthy body with a testosterone -deficiency.

Bridging may temporarily gratify you, in that, it will help you STAY ON STEROIDS , ergo, keep making/maintain gains until a larger cycle. However, all it will do in the long-run (and even the short-run) is make it impossible to for you to reach your goals.

Slow and steady.

The turtle always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by the revolution
    i know many people who dont bridge.. and do bridge..
    imo - bridging works, but over time it haunts you bad - real bad.
    risky boat to float bros.
    thats what i said bro.. im with you - no worries. im personally a hater on bridging..

lol

Great--spread the word......

Bridging is dangerous.

EVen

Even with anavar .....

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the revolution
    thats what i said bro.. im with you - no worries. im personally a hater on bridging..
    haha, you just quoted your own post and agreed with it, I find that pretty funny...

and I agree with everyone, bridging is a stupid practice.

Good!

Thread Information