Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jaffry20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR
    i just dont get why they didnt arrest me on the spot. that blows my frieken mind. I know these cops around here and they are SERIOUS about controlled substances. are majorly cracking down hard on drugs and shit. im so screwed. not to mention its going to be in my parents towns local newspaper and their gonna be so disappointed. i really think they are going to pursue this.

lawyer, that was bullshit they searched you in the first place. Marijuana they smelled, if you 2 dont smoke dope, see what ur lawyers says take drug tests pass them then you should sure them for envading privacy without a terribel excuse. hahah I dunno im just trying to help bro. I think this is total bullshit.

BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member
    bump think they are going to pursue this?

rager is offline Member
    Like I said before.... You will never receive a call or a door knock. Your free dude

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    i just dont get why they didnt arrest me on the spot. that blows my frieken mind. I know these cops around here and they are SERIOUS about controlled substances. are majorly cracking down hard on drugs and shit. im so screwed. not to mention its going to be in my parents towns local newspaper and their gonna be so disappointed. i really think they are going to pursue this.
    You are scared... that is according to plan, I think. They WANT you to be scared, to mend your wicked ways before you become a hardened, carreer criminal drug fiend. Calm down and do what you gotta do. ACT scared, yeah... this happens a lot with small-town cops and clean-cut kids who get busted. "No sir, I learned my lesson!" is your new mantra when dealing with them. Yeah, you can beat this, but beating it will cost a lot of money. If you don't HAVE to beat anything, all the better. I give it a 50/50 chance that they are not interested in doing anything but "straightening you out".

Nelstar is offline Member
    Dont sweat it bro. Like the other bros said.. youd already be charged

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJosh58
    Finally a subject I feel like I can contribute something to....

You consented to a search so this is pretty much open season on your car. Fortunately, our judicial system still values a person's privacy; however, you basically have to jump through hoops to challenge the acts of a police officer. What it boils down to is as a passenger, do you have an expectation of privacy in your own gymbag? While the answer is most likely yes, you must challenge the search at the time it is being made, otherwise you are giving implied consent that you do not mind them searching the bag. If they are like most cops, they will go ahead and take the chance that you will not know your own rights and that the legality of the search will never become an issue.

Now you have to look at your remedies....assuming these cops are actually sending off your drugs for "testing" when the results come back and if a warrant is issued for your arrest, your local billboard attorney could get those charges dismissed blindfolded because like previously mentioned, this is the epitome of a procedural due process violation.

Now on the other hand, say you wanted to pursue your claim of an illegal search, all you could possibly gain would be the inadmissibility of the gear, assuming it was even brought forth in the first place. You are not getting your stuff back either way. The items in your bag will be presumed stolen, bought with drug money, etc.

I agree, sounds like you got lifted, but assuming you did not, come back and post or private message me with the amount of time it actually took them to contact you, I would help you myself, but I am not licensed in Missouri and you wouldn't want to pay for someone from out of town to deal with it anyway. I would rest easy in the fact that you probably saw the last of them; but if you haven't, get a local attorney familiar with 6th and 14th amendment law and smile as your charges are dropped because of violation of due process rights.

Thanks for your help bro!!

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member

You consented to a search so this is pretty much open season on your car. Fortunately, our judicial system still values a person's privacy; however, you basically have to jump through hoops to challenge the acts of a police officer. What it boils down to is as a passenger, do you have an expectation of privacy in your own gymbag? While the answer is most likely yes, you must challenge the search at the time it is being made, otherwise you are giving implied consent that you do not mind them searching the bag. If they are like most cops, they will go ahead and take the chance that you will not know your own rights and that the legality of the search will never become an issue.

Now you have to look at your remedies....assuming these cops are actually sending off your drugs for "testing" when the results come back and if a warrant is issued for your arrest, your local billboard attorney could get those charges dismissed blindfolded because like previously mentioned, this is the epitome of a procedural due process violation.

Now on the other hand, say you wanted to pursue your claim of an illegal search, all you could possibly gain would be the inadmissibility of the gear, assuming it was even brought forth in the first place. You are not getting your stuff back either way. The items in your bag will be presumed stolen, bought with drug money, etc.

I agree, sounds like you got lifted, but assuming you did not, come back and post or private message me with the amount of time it actually took them to contact you, I would help you myself, but I am not licensed in Missouri and you wouldn't want to pay for someone from out of town to deal with it anyway. I would rest easy in the fact that you probably saw the last of them; but if you haven't, get a local attorney familiar with 6th and 14th amendment law and smile as your charges are dropped because of violation of due process rights.

WOW! great to see we have some good legal minds on our side. thanks bro. your an assett to the board.

mista_liar is offline Associate Member
    This is to typical! cop dogs can be trained to do anything they COPS WANT THEM TO DO!! All they have to do is show the cop could have given the dog a signal to squat or whatever, hell that signal could have been to set your bag down!!!

if they arent trained to alert on AAS, how come when they set my bag outside of the car, had the dog walk by it, he squatted as soon as he got to my bag. and dont say weed, i've never used it in my life. and yes we were dumbasses and consented but he said he was gonna search anyway cuz he smelled a strong odor of weed in the car. the drug task force was there in like 3 minutes. this area is really bad about meth production.

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    hire a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Let me throw this in...

You guys are forgetting something VERY crucial here - He broke the law. Period.

He was in possession of a controlled substance, several of them, which is against the law. Yes the cops seem fishy, but its not like they planted the stuff on him or something. Their methods are questionable but their result is successful. They found someone who was breaking the law.

You guys are digging way to deep trying to use every nook and cranny to save the guy when in reality hes not a victim. Hes the perpetrator.

Are you sure you're on the right side bro?

Sorry for all the posts, there is just SO MUCH JUICE in this thread! I can't help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Well dont get me wrong, im on his side COMPLETELY. And I hope hes not in trouble, and I wish roids werent illegal for personal use (as well as many things)

But the point is, the cops were just doing their job. He had controlled substances and they caught him. Its a victory for them.

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    id beat the cops ass and give them a reason to arrest me.
    nah not really. but itd be nice huh?

Jsik98 is offline Member

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THIS GUY KNOWS HIS SHIT! MORE POWER TO YOU BROTHER!

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    Hmm well houston's reply seems very complete, I think they just didnt care for the paper work myself. Like i think u said, they have a meth problem to deal with, your bs compared to what they probably run into. Its either being enjoyed if they were any sealed stuff or just tossed. If anything they would have given u a court date if they didnt want to book u. Just ask a lawyer before u get all worked up and fork over ur savings.

hardrock3 is offline Junior Member
    fwiw, I am been in a similar circumstance not aas, but anyway...when it comes to taking something to test and a warrant later, never heard of that happening. In my case, they arrested me, charged, booked and arraigned me. The items went to the lab for verification of what they thought and then when it came back, they prosecuted. I can't imagine getting a warrant, like oh yea by the way we need to charge you with this felony. I am not a lawyer, but no arrest at the time, no reason for one later. Call a lawyer, most will give you a free consult. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

samva777 is offline New Member
    I hope everyone remembers this story next time they sit in a jury box. Specialy if it cops be accused of abusing there powers

ssssss is offline New Member
    ok...take it from me and beleive what I say. In most state, roids are legal to posess. Its the trafficking that is not legal. Roids have a either a medical purpuse for human or animal. Which is why it is in a different schedule by law. This is the reason why most dope dealer switch from coke to roids. Now plain smell of marihuana is very weak as to forming grounds for a full vehicle search. And also, too many issue ! Who really had possession of the bag, joint posession makes no sense to me on a simple possession. Not worth the assle of prosecution bla bla bla. Easy to challenge in court. Yousr consentual search is easy to challenge due to the position of authority, unles you sign the form. Anyway, take it from houston above....most likely nothing will hapen. They just took your shit and scared you.

j

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    why is this bumped?

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    if they took you stuff and didnt give you some appearence ticket, with a general list of you stuff in your bag - then they just took your stuff threw it away, and have you running scared. - for good reason - dont carry that crap with you? you sound like you had a pharmacy in there.

go back and get your stuff - i will be very supprised if it is there

when you do DO NOT - DO NOT say anything!!!! if they ask anything just say all you had was gym stuff... for the record you left the bag in a unlocked locker and any one had access to it... DO NOT SAY ANY THING - DONT FALL FOR JUST ADMIT TO THE XXXX OR THE XXXX AND WE WILL LET YOU GO WITH A SLAP AND A SMALL FINE... DONT LET THEM PLAY YOUR FRIEND... DONT SAY ANY THING just ask for your bag, and leave!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information