Luke is offline Associate Member

Preventing stretch marks?

Is there any way to prevent strech marks?
    When do they usually occur? I.e. when you gain how much in what time (if this can be said) ?

THX.

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I heard vit e, cocoa butter, and ponds cold cream works. I did a search on this b4 and found lots of info.

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    no ways of preventing them, there are ways of trying to lessen them. if u grow more then ur skin grows you will def get marks, its like how fat people have stretch marks, IMO

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    It is all genetic, some people will show less marks than others, some lucky people won't show any. For example my mother got bad stretch marks when she was pregnant. I have a few good sized ones that I got when I was about 15 years old right between the shoulder and chest. I was really skinny and started doing about 150-200 push ups a day and the skin couldn't grow fast enough for the muscle growth.

Vitamin E is a good suggestion to lesson the severity, I would start using it at the first sign of any marks, doctors always recommend it for scars, especially after crazy car accidents (I have been in plenty). Good luck.

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    right, there's really no way of preventing them 'cause your muscle grows faster than your skin streches... cocoa butter will soften them a little and will keep them from getting real dark and noticable.

Thread Information