Thread: breakouts!

gunitmoss is offline New Member

breakouts!

last cycle I broke out around the shoulders and triceps. Just started cycling again and I want to stop the problem before it starts. Im taking Saw Palmetto(spelling) pantothenic acid(B5), vitamin a. will this help to do the trick? Also, how much B5 should I take a day? 1000mg? 2000mg? thanks bros.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunitmoss
    last cycle I broke out around the shoulders and triceps. Just started cycling again and I want to stop the problem before it starts. Im taking Saw Palmetto(spelling) pantothenic acid(B5), vitamin a. will this help to do the trick? Also, how much B5 should I take a day? 1000mg? 2000mg? thanks bros.
    Did you break out during your cycle, or when you came off???

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    keeping blood levels constant your best bet for fighting acne.....some get it, some dont

I broke out towards the end of the cycle. took a whiel before it cleared up.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    You really need 8-10g of B5 a day or more. Use rubbing alcohol on your chest and shoulders twice a day that should help dry you up, also go tanning.

ok. thanks brother

dannyboy62682 is offline Associate Member
    if not b5, then accutane. thats what i am on 80mg a day. be aware this is rough stuff and bad sides. try the b5 out I am going to next time i cycle.

Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    ^Have you experienced ne of those side effects from Accutane yet?

Is Accutanes purpose primarily to eliminate acne?

If so, thats kind of ****ed up how it destroys one side effect (acne) but can cause you different side effects . . . . .

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    i've heard tanning and swimming will help as well (swimming pool)

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    i've heard tanning and swimming will help as well (swimming pool)
    Yeah, just because they both dry your skin out very effectively. Tanning is perfect, get dark and help clear up acne all at the same time.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    The acne you are experiencing is hormonal. Anything topical is not really going to do much. Products that dry the skin out will help absorb the oil that is produced but won't stop it. You'll need something like accutane to actually stop the problem completely.

Nix

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    Just talk to your doctor and get some Tetracycline, it's cheap and it will do the trick, at least it does for me.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin B5 @ 10g daily for the first 2 weeks, then 5 daily after that, and salicylic acid products do wonders for me......topical products will help with acne (salicylic acid) as thats where the acne is. Its good to have both and internal and exteranl remedy at work IMO though.

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    topical antibiotics work wonders for me (Clindagel)...but is expensive

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    Try using topical spironolactone, it's used for hair loss in men as it's an anti-androgen. It's also used for hirsutism (i.e. the bearded ladies), a condition caused by excess androgens in skin tissue. Topical spiro attacts the true source of the problem..excess androgens. I'm sure many of you guys had acne as a teenager and no matter what you did you still had it. Then when you get into your late teens and twenties it just stops. This is what happens in the vast majority of cases and it's evidence that acne is mainly a hormonal problem, as soon as your high hormone levels stabilize your acne disappears. Taking steroids is essentially like re-introducing your body to puberty.

You could also try some of the new light therapies available at dermatological centers and cosmetic surgery centers. They use specific light spectrums and intensities to avoid damage to the skin (as in tanning lamps). These therapies are much more effective than tanning.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee-termined
    Just talk to your doctor and get some Tetracycline, it's cheap and it will do the trick, at least it does for me.
    Does the trick for me. 250mg once a day and absolutely no acne.

Dishwasher soap in the shower and tanning. Does the trick here.

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    only problem Ive had with Tetracycline, is that it is so hard to take. If i remember correct, you have to take it 2-3hrs before of after a meal, and you cant take it with dairy. When your eating 6 meals a day plus protein shakes, it is almost impossible to do. Atleast it was for me. But I was thinking about giving it another whirl

Thread Information