BigJames is offline Senior Member

What should I say....

Ok guys, need some help here. As some of you may know from other threads, I have recently been diagnosed with low testosterone (201 ng/dl - normal range is about 300-1200ng/dl as far as I understand). I am feeling tired, moody, depressed, low sex drive, and aching body for the past month or two. There is some hesitation from the doctor to put me on HRT, I am guessing due to my age (29 years). They seem to hope this will resolve it self. As of now there is no known cause for my condition (idiopathic). I have not trained in 3 weeks cause I cannot get out of bed in the morning and I feel like I am exhausted by about 2pm everyday. The worst part is that I am so "blah" by the afternoon that my family life is being effected. When last I tried, I was able to get it up, but it was not as "hard" as usual. Not sure if this was a one time thing as I have not tried again since then...no interest.

What I want to know is, what should I say to get the ball rolling on some treatment for this? Is the above good enough? I am not trying a scam here or anything, I just am notorious for not getting my information accross to the doctor in a way that gets results...any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I would start with about 4-5 grams of tribulus a day, see if that doesn't harden your stick and get some blood flowing first. low tets levels will effect al lthat... start with something like tribulus first... JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Maddawg
    I would start with about 4-5 grams of tribulus a day, see if that doesn't harden your stick and get some blood flowing first. low tets levels will effect al lthat... start with something like tribulus first... JMO.
    Thanks, that is my course of action if the doctor wants to leave this alone. I have used trib before, but never in a dose more than 750mg / day (which is useless I now know). What I want to know is, given that my bloodwork confirms that my test is low on its own (and I have never used gear), what symptoms are the ones that will convince the doctor to take action?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    Thanks, that is my course of action if the doctor wants to leave this alone. I have used trib before, but never in a dose more than 750mg / day (which is useless I now know). What I want to know is, given that my bloodwork confirms that my test is low on its own (and I have never used gear), what symptoms are the ones that will convince the doctor to take action?
    POh yeah bro.. .you need a lot more than that. tri won't hurt ya. I always reccoment taking about 4 caplets or so just before nbed, you'll sleep like a rock. Besides, that's when your body makes the most test is in your deep sleep and early in the AM.

Having really low test level naturall, that would be enough for him to start something for you...

POh yeah bro.. .you need a lot more than that. tri won't hurt ya. I always reccoment taking about 4 caplets or so just before nbed, you'll sleep like a rock. Besides, that's when your body makes the most test is in your deep sleep and early in the AM.

Having really low test level naturall, that would be enough for him to start something for you...
    So I would have thought, but I have had two bloodtest since April 1 05 and they show a low test level and a lower test level, yet I am still not being treated. I guess I will see him on Friday and just tell him how I feel and hope that some action is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    So I would have thought, but I have had two bloodtest since April 1 05 and they show a low test level and a lower test level, yet I am still not being treated. I guess I will see him on Friday and just tell him how I feel and hope that some action is taken.
    Just tell him straight up that the testst show the levels are low and you want a sex life again... tell him to do his job and help you out. If he doesn't, you prolly need to find another doc that is interested in helping his patients out. Low sex drive, depression, and moods would be enough for most doctors to help ya out, it can only get worse from there.
    I hope trhis works out for you bro.

righton is offline Senior Member
    See if you can get referred to another doc(preferabley an endocrinologist) who specializes in internal meds(hormones,glands..) their more into HRT and such.

Just tell him straight up that the testst show the levels are low and you want a sex life again... tell him to do his job and help you out. If he doesn't, you prolly need to find another doc that is interested in helping his patients out. Low sex drive, depression, and moods would be enough for most doctors to help ya out, it can only get worse from there.
    I hope trhis works out for you bro.
    Thanks bro, I thought this would be resolved by now, but the docs seem to be hesitating putting me on meds for the rest of my life when I am 29. I will tell him what is going on with me, talk about the blood test results and see what happens...if he does not act, I will find another doctor. This is frustrating, I have heard from bros on this forum who have had one blood test and gotten on HRT. I have a friend who went to his doc and told him some symptom and got a prescription for HRT. Here I am two blood tests later and they are telling me that because I was able to have two kids that maybe I am OK...but my youngest is 2 years old already! Oh, well, we shall see what happens on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    See if you can get referred to another doc(preferabley an endocrinologist) who specializes in internal meds(hormones,glands..) their more into HRT and such.
    I did get referred to an endocrinologist and after the second blood test she wants to wait until September to check my bloodwork again before making any desicions.

righton is offline Senior Member
    29yo is pretty young for HRT and a lot of docs are being carefull not to prescribe HRT too early with all the baseball steroid crap going on plus their trying to see if it's just a temp shortfall or actual hypogonadism. Also there are docs that will charge for AAS scrips under the gist of HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    29yo is pretty young for HRT and a lot of docs are being carefull not to prescribe HRT too early with all the baseball steroid crap going on plus their trying to see if it's just a temp shortfall or actual hypogonadism. Also there are docs that will charge for AAS scrips under the gist of HRT.
    I do understand the hesitation, but WTF!?! It is not like he would be prescribing 500mg a week or anything. I think I would actually prefer the patch or a cream to the injections, just for the constant levels. I do understands the hesitationdue to my age...29 is young to be on HRT for life.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    find a new doc. hrt at your age is perfectly fine as long as you cycle. several web site docs would have no problem with this as long as you come off at least every 6 months.good luck

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    find a new doc. hrt at your age is perfectly fine as long as you cycle. several web site docs would have no problem with this as long as you come off at least every 6 months.good luck
    What do you mean come off every 6 months? What does this mean? You stop the HRT? For how long?

the doc will give his opinion but i think off for a month (test) is normal if you are under 35 yrs

actually it may be longer..the reason i dont know for sure is i am old (38) so i never come off

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    actually it may be longer..the reason i dont know for sure is i am old (38) so i never come off
    Thanks for the info...we shall see what the doc recommends on Friday afternoon.

Thread Information