TIM
    TIM is offline Associate Member

ephedrine overdose !

i went to a massive dance feastival at the weekend and i took in 20 ephedrine at 25mg each for me and my friends to take as a pickme up ! because it did not finnsh till 7 in the morning ! the thing is i got very recked and i took the lot to myself ! i know it was very foolish ! but i did not know what i was doing i can not remember anything ! now i can not eat anything because my stomach burns like hell when i do ! does anyone know if this is the ephedrine that has caused this ?

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    ephedrine will slow appitite, so maybe thats the feeling you have?
    how many did u have and in what time peroid
    ie: 10 within 10 hours

TIM
    20 in about 9 hours !
    I am hungry its just it hurts like hell when i do !

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    Drink stacks of water to flush your system
    Drink full fat milk to put your lining back in place
    if it still hurts after this go see a doctor
    stick to red bull next time eh!

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    20 in 9 hours? hmm, not TOOOOOOOOOO BAD.... but still not a good idea...

water it up, and drink some cranberry juice

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    you could have died....

go see a doc.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Dr. Evil said it all. Dangerous move my friend

TIM
    STILL HEAR ! THE PAIN IN MY STOMACH IS ALMOST GONE THANK GOD ! MY HEART WAS STILL THROBING LAST NIGHT ! FELT LIKE IT WAS GOING TO EXPLODE BUT ITS OKAY NOW ! I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON EPHEDRINE IS FOR FAT LOSE NOT A BUZZ ! ITS TO EASY TO GET CARRIED AWAY !

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    This guy is retarded!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Be glad you learned you lesson without death....I could just see another push to ban this stuff because of how you used it. It really benefits many people who follow the label. I hope they never ban it here in the US.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Too much ephedrine can spike your sugar levels and make you go hypoglemic.

Drink some pop, or eat some quick carbs.

If you start to get dizzy and light headed get some in you asap.

50 mgs a day make me light headed and shaky some times.

I'm suprized you can type.

TIM
    IronRuffy no flame intended but F*ck you ! u dont know me !
    Scottp999 u can actually buy ephedrine extract in the nightclubs over hear there know as smart drugs called CAPS there 100% legal ! there very expensive compared to ephedrine ! they call them herbal ectasy !
    anyway i have learnt my lesson and will not be using ephedrine for recreational use anymore !

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    probably internal bleeding, i had this from taking advil and drinking, i guess we all learn our lessons the hard way

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    One of the most STUPID things I have ever heard... Not very smart at all....

Originally posted by TIM
    20 in about 9 hours !
    I am hungry its just it hurts like hell when i do !

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    ephedrine cause my sisters goodd friend to have a siezure...
    stupid move my friend

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Be glad you learned you lesson without death
    I agrre. You were playing rusian rullette and you won this time.

The crude powdered stems of ephedra (with less than 1% ephedrine) are used at 1.5–6 grams per day, taken as a tea.4 The crude herb can also be taken in capsule or tablet form, at 500–1,000 mg of ephedra two to three times daily. Tinctures of 1–4 ml three times per day can be taken. Alternatively, standardized extracts supplying 12–25 mg of total alkaloids (calculated as ephedrine) per capsule or tablet may be taken two to three times daily. This form may be preferable for monitoring total daily intake of ephedrine.

Ephedra has a long history of safe use at the recommended amounts. However, abuse of ephedra (and particularly ephedrine)—especially for weight loss or as a recreational drug—can lead to amphetamine-like side effects, including elevated blood pressure, rapid heart beat, nervousness, irritability, headache, urination disturbances, vomiting, muscle disturbances, insomnia, dry mouth, heart palpitations, and even death due to heart failure.5 One study has shown that a single application of ephedra caused mild elevation of heart rate but did not consistently affect blood pressure in otherwise healthy adults.6 When taken at higher levels, ephedra can cause drastic increases in blood pressure, as well as cardiac arrhythmias. Ephedrine is considered potentially habit-forming, though it is unclear if the whole herb ephedra is likely to have the same effect.7 Long-term (months or more) overdose of ephedra or ephedrine can potentially cause kidney stones composed of ephedrine, though this is rare.8 A review of 140 reports of heart and nervous-system emergencies concluded that one-third of the adverse health reports were “definitely or probably related” to ephedra and another one-third “possibly related.”9 All of the cases cited were people taking ephedra together with either caffeine and/or drugs with known cardiovascular side effects, such as theophylline and phenylpropanolamine.

Anyone with high blood pressure, heart conditions, diabetes, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, anxiety or restlessness, impaired circulation to the brain, benign prostatic hyperplasia with residual urine accumulation, pheochromocytoma (primary adrenal tumor), and those taking MAO-inhibiting antidepressants, digitoxin, or guanethidine should consult with a physician before using any type of product containing ephedra.10 Pseudoephedrine can cause drowsiness and should be used with caution if driving or operating machinery. Ephedra-based products should be avoided during pregnancy and breast-feeding and should not be used in children under the age of six years without medical supervision.

Are there any drug interactions? Certain medications may interact with ephedra. Refer to the drug interactions safety check for a list of those medications.

Thread Information